Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transferring from Prison Service to Gardaí

• 05-05-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Lads,

looking at the option of transferring from the IPS to Gardaí, whats involved, or do I have to go through public jobs and the whole process again ???

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I hate to bear bad news...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭rossi272

psni wrote: »
    I hate to bear bad news...

two different jobs, although you will be able to carry over your pension though not for incremental purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

Lads,

looking at the option of transferring from the IPS to Gardaí, whats involved, or do I have to go through public jobs and the whole process again ???

You go through the whole process again, since it is a different job.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

You can't transfer, and whats more you can't take a leave of absence either because you'll still be technically be employed by the Prison Service. All the angles have been tried before with fellas leaving for the DFB and the Gardai and they've always had to resign.

Advertisement