Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bot Teams - How do you know

• 05-05-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

A team just changed their name in my league (V.102 - don't laugh!) and I'm wondering if you can tell if it's because someone new has taken over or if they've become a Bot team (given I've to play them this week I hope it's the later!) I've had a good look but can't find any threads on this (though I'm sure there's one or two out there) so apologies if it's a duplicate Q, Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

If the team's manager is private then it's a bot team

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

Cheers Mar-z, another quick one for a pretty green newbie, do you always/usually beat a bot team? Like is it ok to play them WNWIM and still sort of guarentee a win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Play WNWIM and you'll get a bonus point win. It is possible to lose but its a very rare occurrence and you would have to put out a completely useless team. You'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

If it's an important match, don't wnwim... stranger things have happened than a bot running you close if you're only new to the game. I've never seen a bot beat a human, but a friend of mine is quite new to the game in Div4 and has had a few close calls with bots, just because his team aren't super pimpin' like the rest of us around here... with our gold boots and initialled collars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifur wrote: »
    If it's an important match, don't wnwim... stranger things have happened than a bot running you close if you're only new to the game. I've never seen a bot beat a human, but a friend of mine is quite new to the game in Div4 and has had a few close calls with bots, just because his team aren't super pimpin' like the rest of us around here... with our gold boots and initialled collars.

There's none of that fancy stuff on my team... if that happens bye bye ala Beckham!:D

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    There's none of that fancy stuff on my team... if that happens bye bye ala Beckham!:D

I've seen the size of your half time oranges... not to mention your Lucozade Sport bottles are normally actually filled with Lucozade Sport rather than tap water!

I've seen the size of your half time oranges... not to mention your Lucozade Sport bottles are normally actually filled with Lucozade Sport rather than tap water!

Lucazade - keeps you going in the last 15min. its vital according to the sports peoples on the box!:eek:

Lucazade - keeps you going in the last 15min. its vital according to the sports peoples on the box!:eek:

Sure ROG is out of breath in the ad alone, g'way ourra that!

Flash bastard.

Sure ROG is out of breath in the ad alone, g'way ourra that!

Flash bastard.

Who o'gara or me?!!?:eek: :(

Just cos my team likes using its wingers!;) (discovered a nice winger amongst my team mid way through season! :D)

Who o'gara or me?!!?:eek: :(

Just cos my team likes using its wingers!;) (discovered a nice winger amongst my team mid way through season! :D)

You and your Lucozade. O'Gara is just cashing in before he's replaced, tis the way of sport.

Tell ya what, I'll give you one of my five props or 6 2nd rows if you give me a shot of a winger or two?

• Advertisement

You and your Lucozade. O'Gara is just cashing in before he's replaced, tis the way of sport.

Tell ya what, I'll give you one of my five props or 6 2nd rows if you give me a shot of a winger or two?

I would actually be up for that - if only you could transfer players like that!!:(

I would actually be up for that - if only you could transfer players like that!!:(

It would be pretty awesome, but I guess they'd need to find a more secure way of identifying each team to prevent major cheating.

It would be pretty awesome, but I guess they'd need to find a more secure way of identifying each team to prevent major cheating.

Yeah, nothing stopping you having 3/4 teams and just having them training players and camping in a lower league. then transfer the players to your main team and effectively have 4/5 academies training. ah that would be great! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Yeah, nothing stopping you having 3/4 teams and just having them training players and camping in a lower league. then transfer the players to your main team and effectively have 4/5 academies training. ah that would be great! :D

You will get found out quite quickly, I have one team but there are three of us at work who access the site from work. Anyway we got put under a bit pressure when one of us bought a player from another colleagues team. It came close to all of us losing our teams.

Leadership wrote: »
    You will get found out quite quickly, I have one team but there are three of us at work who access the site from work. Anyway we got put under a bit pressure when one of us bought a player from another colleagues team. It came close to all of us losing our teams.

yeah few people here got found for having duplicate teams, I am sure if you REALLY wanted to you could get away with it.. ie only access one from work, one from home and one from phone or something along those lines:p

but sounds a lot of effort to me, especially as there is no such thing as private transfers!! but could do with a decent prop fewcifer!:pac:

yeah few people here got found for having duplicate teams, I am sure if you REALLY wanted to you could get away with it.. ie only access one from work, one from home and one from phone or something along those lines:p

but sounds a lot of effort to me, especially as there is no such thing as private transfers!! but could do with a decent prop fewcifer!:pac:

I literally have 6 props who could start on my team. Tis madness.

I literally have 6 props who could start on my team. Tis madness.

And I have a good load of players that play all over the back line... depends on form! versatility for the win! :D

if only we could join the squads together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

just fyi, you can see how many bots are in your league by clicking the ranking tab when you looking at the league tab, a normal player will have a ranking of 47.1670(like me :P) etc. and all bots have 25.0000, not sure if its that ranking for all divisions, but for div IV. it is

Advertisement