Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many credits required to progress to 3rd Year Arts?

Options
  • 05-05-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the minimum number of credits required to progress to third year? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

afaik since last year theres only 2 stages like so we're in stage 2 already. You just have to resit the ones you fail this semester next semester until you're finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

So if I do happen to fail anything I can resit the exams while taking my new subjects as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Take it your in 3rd Year at the moment? To pass its 110, but requires resits/repeats, to graduate its 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

No, I'm second year Mushy. Have mad fear about the exams so trying to work out the worst case scenario and come to terms with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh sorry, mis-read the title. Eh, you always need 50/60 to be able to progress in Arts, so that means pass 10/12 modules. You'd do re-sits/repeats while in 3rd Year then (even though its still called stage 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I don't know for sure, but my understanding of the current system is that there isn't a year X between 2nd year and 3rd year any more.
    Therefore, you will have to repeat your fails and probably sit whatever 3rd year modules you are eligible for.

The important thing I believe, is that you have your 120 credits by the end of 3rd year to graduate on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

Yeah, there's no stage X anymore. You'd repeat the modules you failed next year, and take the normal 'third year' ones as well. Worst case scenario would be that you might have to take an extra semester to make up the required credits, in case you couldn't fit them all into your timetable next year.

But try to stay positive. Things'll turn out fine :);)

Advertisement