Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Dublin Marathon Novices/Sub-4:30 Mentored Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

mrslow wrote: »
    Fair enough but you look about 12!

Wait til you see me at 1 pm on Monday.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Wait til you see me at 1 pm on Monday.......:eek:

This might be the only time I actually look my age :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

jaytobe wrote: »
    Rainbow Kirby, that was very good for the week. Will you do something similar for race morning also...food wise, timing, water intake.

HH book says not to take any fluids for the 2hrs prior (avoid too many loo stops etc..). He was saying that sipping from 10mins prior is good as it will get used in the system and won't reach the bladder.
    Rainbow Kirby...just bumping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

jaytobe wrote: »
    Rainbow Kirby...just bumping

Jaytobe, that is all very personal. You should know how long it takes liquids to clear through your bladder.
    If you are well hydrated in the days coming up to the marathon, then what you drink on the morning (or the few minutes before the gun) won't matter all that much.
    Just remember to take water at all the water stations from the start. Once you get moving the water you consume will be used up (it won't make it to your bladder). If you miss a few stations early in the race, dehysration may come back to strike you later in the race. By the time you are thirsty it may be too late...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

Guys, I believe that the marathon highlights will be on Monday night at 10.45pm on Setanta :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Sorry guys for my complete absence from these boards. Working 14 hour days and not eating properly is not exactly what I would consider to be conducive to running a marathon next week

Yeah I have got taper madness quite bad.... Am so convinced I am coming down with a cold I am taking multi vitamins, eating a **** load of fruit and I even premedicated by taking a couple a lemsip tablets in the hopes of staving it off lol

So far have mystery niggles on my foot and knee though the worst one cuz its real is the fact my wisdom tooth has decided its going to try come up now...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! but other than that I am goooood!! so what we doin on saturday anywho when we all meet up and I finally see the ppl (Mr. Slow) I have been abusing for the past couple months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Sorry guys for my complete absence from these boards. Working 14 hour days and not eating properly is not exactly what I would consider to be conducive to running a marathon next week

Yeah I have got taper madness quite bad.... Am so convinced I am coming down with a cold I am taking multi vitamins, eating a **** load of fruit and I even premedicated by taking a couple a lemsip tablets in the hopes of staving it off lol

So far have mystery niggles on my foot and knee though the worst one cuz its real is the fact my wisdom tooth has decided its going to try come up now...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! but other than that I am goooood!! so what we doin on saturday anywho when we all meet up and I finally see the ppl (Mr. Slow) I have been abusing for the past couple months

Lets go on the piss:D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Lets go on the piss:D

Now your talking...wonder what'll i have to drink:confused:

JEmily wrote: »
    Now your talking...wonder what'll i have to drink:confused:

Sure you'll be drunk from that morning trink08.gif

I believe I will have half a litre of Captain morgans finest ready for the post race celebrtations!!!

* Stares down JEmily...I challenge you to a duel to be the resident alcoholic of this forum!!! :P

• Advertisement

I believe I will have half a litre of Captain morgans finest ready for the post race celebrtations!!!

* Stares down JEmily...I challenge you to a duel to be the resident alcoholic of this forum!!! :P

She'll win dude! She only sobers up when she's asleep:D

Oh your a rum woman, i mean man:p. My second favourite drink, Morgans finest, with coke, yummy. Came off the 'oul rum and onto the brandy, much more of a kick;).

Oh your a rum woman, i mean man:p. My second favourite drink, Morgans finest, with coke, yummy. Came off the 'oul rum and onto the brandy, much more of a kick;).

Pfffff... I graduated to Morgans from Southie's finest bourbon so there will be no speak of me being a woman thank you very much..... haha....Eh yeah that or try a super split (Morgans and orange+ a dash of orange squash)

@ Mr. Slow - I have been trained by the finest drinkers in all of the US and Ireland..... lol :P

He drinks rum, she talks dirty in Kildarish

Pfffff... I graduated to Morgans from Southie's finest bourbon so there will be no speak of me being a woman thank you very much..... haha....Eh yeah that or try a super split (Morgans and orange+ a dash of orange squash)

@ Mr. Slow - I have been trained by the finest drinkers in all of the US and Ireland..... lol :P

Southern Comfort is a liquer, do you put Del Boy umbrellas and pieces of decorative fruit around your drinks?

Mmmm, good taste (opinion of Perkina slightly increasing:cool:), nope tried the orange, not happening. Haven't tried orange with the squash. Although the Coke in it is my fav so far, full fat coke only too!

Have you tried Brandy and Baileys? If you like rum your sorted, these are the jackpot.

Southern Comfort is a liquer, do you put Del Boy umbrellas and pieces of decorative fruit around your drinks?

Em, MrSlow, that's the way women normally drink their drinks, hellllooooo:rolleyes:

(opinion of Perkina slightly increasing:cool:),

Had you a low opinion of him?

Em, MrSlow, that's the way women normally drink their drinks, hellllooooo:rolleyes:

Our Perkina is a delicate flower boss.

Our Perkina is a delicate flower boss.

Oi Boss!!! I am going to bash you good on Saturday!!!! BTW I may be a bit late on Sat for this get together.... have you got a location in mind so I can head to their if I am not going to be at the pacers stand for 14.30....

I always have good taste JEmily..... ;)

And at Mr. Slow........... what you drink.... I bet Mrs. Slow has you wrapped around her little finger and its only red wine and non alcoholic beer

• Advertisement

Oi Boss!!! I am going to bash you good on Saturday!!!! BTW I may be a bit late on Sat for this get together.... have you got a location in mind so I can head to their if I am not going to be at the pacers stand for 14.30....

I always have good taste JEmily..... ;)

And at Mr. Slow........... what you drink.... I bet Mrs. Slow has you wrapped around her little finger and its only red wine and non alcoholic beer

Of course you are!

It'll probably be registration after that.

What I drink isn't relative, I've nothing to prove.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

crazy-peeps.jpg

I see Crazy people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭nachoqueen

Your all nuts ! Just wondering what marathon any of you are thinking of after Dublin is over

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

nachoqueen wrote: »
    Your all nuts ! Just wondering what marathon any of you are thinking of after Dublin is over

Barcelona :D

Marathonwise probably Cork

going to rerun a few half first though Waterford and Connemara (I got some serious unfinished business with that damned hill)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Barcelona :D

Me too I hope....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IronTractorBoy

I used some stronger words when I got to the hill at about 38 miles, I assume you mean the "slight" incline near the finish at Connemara.

Thats the one, just a little bump in the road really

Oh God, i never want to run again after this one:(

Maybe a little one when i recover...haven't even thought about which/where:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Next marathon will be Dublin next year (sub 3.30!), until then it'll be shorter stuff for me. Maybe I'll do Spring/Autumn in 2012

Advertisement