Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Dublin Marathon Novices/Sub-4:30 Mentored Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

Well I've been gearing up for this one, first half since June and fitted nicely into my training plan for DCM. Hamstring trouble was cleared, current PB on a half was 1hr55 so was hoping to come in @ 1hr50 to 1hr55 - set a new PB.

Registration online was good, got an email on Thurs nite with directions to HQ / changing / parking - all v professional.

Arrived this morn collected my number n clip. Met a friend who is training for Berlin.... our biggest worry was the Heat... finally found the starting line (not well signposted) but there was no buzz there - not even a line! a line finally came and the race started late at about 11.05.

First mile or so of the race took in Clonmel town, and then head out of the town till mile 12., did the first lap of the town and folowed the crowd to do a 2nd lap of the town.... guy behind me shouted at the steward - it should only be 1 lap of the town, and the steward said no its 2 laps!
    The runner was right - so we clocked up an extra 1.3 miles!

I didnt notice it but could not find the mile marker - was getting annoyed at 11min thinking - bloody idiots - messing with my times. Saw mile two marker and my watch said 23.4mins - almost 12min miles - wtf!!! person behind me had a sat nav watch and it read mile 3.25 so we knew it was out. Word spread that the miles were +1 cause of the extra lap.

Ended up running wth a cpl ppl who are doing DCM but the heat was awful - really suffered on mile 10 (actually mile 11) and they only had 3 water stations. they really should have put an extra on. We asked a couple of the stewards along the way if they were going to bring the finish line forward but no-one knew - poor communication.
    The last half mile came through the town and they could have done with another couple of stewards directing people through the streets.

So it ended with 14.4 miles (ish - not too sure). Which would have made my 13.1 mile run 2 hrs - 5 min behind my personal best..... not too happy but am putting it down to the heat.

Still cannot believe that an athletics club managed to screw up thier first half marathon... it sould have started an hour earlier to avoid the mid day heat and they should have supplied an extra water station - this is what Cobh did this year when they realised the heat. Stwearding was an issue - no proper communication or training.

Would I do or recommend Clonmel next year?? No!
    A lot of clubs out there have made better efforts at first races this year.

Now time to sit back and enjoy a bbq! yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

corked wrote: »
    Well I've been gearing up for this one, first half since June and fitted nicely into my training plan for DCM. Hamstring trouble was cleared, current PB on a half was 1hr55 so was hoping to come in @ 1hr50 to 1hr55 - set a new PB.

Registration online was good, got an email on Thurs nite with directions to HQ / changing / parking - all v professional.

Arrived this morn collected my number n clip. Met a friend who is training for Berlin.... our biggest worry was the Heat... finally found the starting line (not well signposted) but there was no buzz there - not even a line! a line finally came and the race started late at about 11.05.

First mile or so of the race took in Clonmel town, and then head out of the town till mile 12., did the first lap of the town and folowed the crowd to do a 2nd lap of the town.... guy behind me shouted at the steward - it should only be 1 lap of the town, and the steward said no its 2 laps!
    The runner was right - so we clocked up an extra 1.3 miles!

I didnt notice it but could not find the mile marker - was getting annoyed at 11min thinking - bloody idiots - messing with my times. Saw mile two marker and my watch said 23.4mins - almost 12min miles - wtf!!! person behind me had a sat nav watch and it read mile 3.25 so we knew it was out. Word spread that the miles were +1 cause of the extra lap.

Ended up running wth a cpl ppl who are doing DCM but the heat was awful - really suffered on mile 10 (actually mile 11) and they only had 3 water stations. they really should have put an extra on. We asked a couple of the stewards along the way if they were going to bring the finish line forward but no-one knew - poor communication.
    The last half mile came through the town and they could have done with another couple of stewards directing people through the streets.

So it ended with 14.4 miles (ish - not too sure). Which would have made my 13.1 mile run 2 hrs - 5 min behind my personal best..... not too happy but am putting it down to the heat.

Still cannot believe that an athletics club managed to screw up thier first half marathon... it sould have started an hour earlier to avoid the mid day heat and they should have supplied an extra water station - this is what Cobh did this year when they realised the heat. Stwearding was an issue - no proper communication or training.

Would I do or recommend Clonmel next year?? No!
    A lot of clubs out there have made better efforts at first races this year.

Now time to sit back and enjoy a bbq! yay!

What a sickener!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

ooh Corked that's tough :( That's really bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

mrslow wrote: »
    If I said I wasn't sore I'd be lying but met up with Raycun, The Wexican and Chinguetti and had a blissful 13.1 miles, running in a group definately gets the thumbs up! Knee is sore but as I know what it is I have been doing the appropriate stretches - Step back week next week so will get to recover fully I hope.

If it wasn't for The Wexican's Garmin I wouldn't have been aware of the mileage;)

I hope to see a few more of ye over the next few weeks.

Well done, 13.1 miles with an injury, i am impressed;)

I've had 2 rest days now, Sunday (with hangover) and last Friday. Think me needs to get back on track tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Name|Sessions Completed|Total Miles This Week|Total Mileage To Date|Comments
    William72|4|28.3|93.2|4 sessions completed for the first time since week 1 so delighted with that.|
    The Wexican|5|0|101|Big fat zero this week, ankle only starting to feel a bit better today, after a trip to the physio on Thursday. Thank god it's only a strain, and I'll hopefully be back on the road by Wednesday|
    rofno1|2|13|114|pinched nerve in back put paid to midweek run. Broke back in gentle with 10 miles LSR at weekend|
    boccy23|0|0|117|I had too many nagging injuries so decided to take a total week off. Had a bad back, high ankle sprain and some ITBS. First time since February with no runs. Felt weird but body is in better shape now. |
    brophya2007|4|24.3|148.8|12 mile lsr was tough, 13 miles this week should be fun. All going well so far, I've lost a stone since the start :eek:|
    beamgirl|4|24|114|yeah 12 miles done 1:59:30!|
    michellemuncher|3|11|128|I also completed a lengthy duathlon, but unfortunately I hurt my soleus muscle (I think) when wall climbing (probably) the next day :(|
    Dave_|||||
    RayCun|4|33.4|201.9|18 mile LSR was tough, glad this is a stepback week|
    littlebug|5|23|165|this was fall back week to incorporate 8k race:)|
    meathcountysec|5|34.38|276.08|12.28 mile LSR, hitting all the targets|
    DigiJem|3|14|161|Not a great week due to illness. Taking it easy this week, hope to be right for LSR|
    D Chief|4|27|113|Another week done. Was a bit tired towards the end of 12.4 mile LSR on Sunday, probably because I was out on Saturday, had a few drinks, didn't get to bed until 3.30am, then got up at 8.30 and ran for 2 hours.|
    digger2d2|4|28|178|Decided to do 14 mile lsr on Friday after golf with no brekkie and no lunch....stupid is as stupid does...Only managed 12.3 and only really recovered today|
    Shazkea|4|0|-|A big fat 0 again in terms of running but 4 good cross-training sessions in - does cycling mileage count :). Will be back next week - PMA!|
    Curl52|||||
    ilovetorun |5|38.6|159.6|Was feeling really good this week so pushed the boat out and ran 17.2 miles for my LSR, the last couple of miles were really tough. Delighted with it though.|
    James Howlett|5|36|179| *Really enjoying at @PMP runs as you can see right away if your training is on course. This training is certainly teaching me a lot, as are all your comments so thanks :)|
    RallyRunner|4|24.5|128.5|LSR of 12 miles took 2:06. 1:02 for first 6 and 1:04 for second. Happy with consistent(ish) pace.|
    corked|4|23.5|130.5|Slight step-back week for me - Was in physio for hamstring problems - think its way too early for injuries like that but lesson learnt!|
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|2|26|89|Knew I could only do two sessions this week so did my lsr of 15 miles and shorter 11 mile as well.|
    Milosh|4|25|149|Just back from a 12 mile LSR in 1hr51. I think I went a bit too hard as I struggled for the last 2 miles. I was at a wedding yesterday so thats my real excuse|
    RubyK|5|43.30|204.30|LSR of 19.5 miles on Saturday am. Longest run yet and took just under 3 hrs. Stomach queasy for a lot of the run. Not sure gels agree with me|
    The_Dazzler|7|50|Can't remember|Done 50 miles last week, happy enough, best result was 10 miles in an hour 24.|
    JEmily|5|22|50|Don't let me rant anymore, just lets say i've to do my LSR 13/14 miler tomorrow evening and wish me luck!|
    Mrslow|4|24.5|48.25|12 Mile LSR done I really hurt my knee but after wearing a support all night smothered in Voltarol, It feels much better - Roll on 13 for next week|
    marrona|4|24|199.32|4 sessions completed. and ENTERED and boked flights home!|

• Advertisement

William72|4|28.3|93.2|4 sessions completed for the first time since week 1 so delighted with that.|
    The Wexican|5|0|101|Big fat zero this week, ankle only starting to feel a bit better today, after a trip to the physio on Thursday. Thank god it's only a strain, and I'll hopefully be back on the road by Wednesday|
    rofno1|2|13|114|pinched nerve in back put paid to midweek run. Broke back in gentle with 10 miles LSR at weekend|
    boccy23|0|0|117|I had too many nagging injuries so decided to take a total week off. Had a bad back, high ankle sprain and some ITBS. First time since February with no runs. Felt weird but body is in better shape now. |
    brophya2007|4|24.3|148.8|12 mile lsr was tough, 13 miles this week should be fun. All going well so far, I've lost a stone since the start :eek:|
    beamgirl|4|24|114|yeah 12 miles done 1:59:30!|
    michellemuncher|3|11|128|I also completed a lengthy duathlon, but unfortunately I hurt my soleus muscle (I think) when wall climbing (probably) the next day :(|
    Dave_|||||
    RayCun|4|33.4|201.9|18 mile LSR was tough, glad this is a stepback week|
    littlebug|5|23|165|this was fall back week to incorporate 8k race:)|
    meathcountysec|5|34.38|276.08|12.28 mile LSR, hitting all the targets|
    DigiJem|3|14|161|Not a great week due to illness. Taking it easy this week, hope to be right for LSR|
    D Chief|4|27|113|Another week done. Was a bit tired towards the end of 12.4 mile LSR on Sunday, probably because I was out on Saturday, had a few drinks, didn't get to bed until 3.30am, then got up at 8.30 and ran for 2 hours.|
    digger2d2|4|28|178|Decided to do 14 mile lsr on Friday after golf with no brekkie and no lunch....stupid is as stupid does...Only managed 12.3 and only really recovered today|
    Shazkea|4|0|-|A big fat 0 again in terms of running but 4 good cross-training sessions in - does cycling mileage count :). Will be back next week - PMA!|
    Curl52|||||
    ilovetorun |5|38.6|159.6|Was feeling really good this week so pushed the boat out and ran 17.2 miles for my LSR, the last couple of miles were really tough. Delighted with it though.|
    James Howlett|5|36|179| *Really enjoying at @PMP runs as you can see right away if your training is on course. This training is certainly teaching me a lot, as are all your comments so thanks :)|
    RallyRunner|4|24.5|128.5|LSR of 12 miles took 2:06. 1:02 for first 6 and 1:04 for second. Happy with consistent(ish) pace.|
    corked|4|23.5|130.5|Slight step-back week for me - Was in physio for hamstring problems - think its way too early for injuries like that but lesson learnt!|
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|2|26|89|Knew I could only do two sessions this week so did my lsr of 15 miles and shorter 11 mile as well.|
    Milosh|4|25|149|Just back from a 12 mile LSR in 1hr51. I think I went a bit too hard as I struggled for the last 2 miles. I was at a wedding yesterday so thats my real excuse|
    RubyK|5|43.30|204.30|LSR of 19.5 miles on Saturday am. Longest run yet and took just under 3 hrs. Stomach queasy for a lot of the run. Not sure gels agree with me|
    The_Dazzler|7|50|Can't remember|Done 50 miles last week, happy enough, best result was 10 miles in an hour 24.|
    JEmily|6|23|73|Happy with 14 miles done last Tuesday, 2h05m, rest of week not much done 6 & 3 miles, hungover yesterday and triathlon Sat.|
    Mrslow|4|24.5|48.25|12 Mile LSR done I really hurt my knee but after wearing a support all night smothered in Voltarol, It feels much better - Roll on 13 for next week|
    marrona|4|24|199.32|4 sessions completed. and ENTERED and boked flights home!|

Is that last weeks table? Should we be on to a new one now?

littlebug wrote: »
    Is that last weeks table? Should we be on to a new one now?

Yep we should be onto a new one but i didn't want to touch it as i normally end up damaging it for some reason. By all means work away and i'll repost mine.

I tend to mess up the table too if I try to do anything more than add my own details.. so eh.... maybe we'll wait til the more techie people arrive!

littlebug wrote: »
    I tend to mess up the table too if I try to do anything more than add my own details.. so eh.... maybe we'll wait til the more techie people arrive!

Ha, what are we like...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Ooops, I just updated the table to cover my weekend run. I haven't a clue about posting a new table :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

William72|||93.2||
    The Wexican|||101||
    rofno1|||114||
    boccy23|||117||
    brophya2007|||148.8||
    beamgirl|||114||
    michellemuncher|||128||
    Dave_|||||
    RayCun|4|29.1|231|stepback week was nice, 10 mile race this week and 20 mile LSR the next :eek:|
    littlebug|||165||
    meathcountysec|||276.08||
    DigiJem|||161||
    D Chief|||113||
    digger2d2|||178||
    Shazkea|||-||
    Curl52|||||
    ilovetorun |||159.6||
    James Howlett|||179| |
    RallyRunner|||128.5||
    corked|||130.5||
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|||89||
    Milosh|||149||
    RubyK|5|43.3|204.3|LSR of 19.5 miles on Saturday am. Longest run yet and took just under 3 hrs. Stomach queasy for a lot of the run. Not sure gels agree with me|
    The_Dazzler|||||
    JEmily|6|23|73|Happy with 14 miles done last Tuesday, 2h05m, rest of week not much done 6 & 3 miles, hungover yesterday and triathlon Sat.|
    Mrslow|||48.25||
    marrona|||199.32||

William72|||93.2||
    The Wexican|||101||
    rofno1|||114||
    boccy23|||117||
    brophya2007|||148.8||
    beamgirl|||114||
    michellemuncher|||128||
    Dave_|||||
    RayCun|4|29.1|231|stepback week was nice, 10 mile race this week and 20 mile LSR the next :eek:|
    littlebug|5|29.2|194.2|highest weekly mileage ever! very happy with 13mile lsr|
    DigiJem|||161||
    D Chief|||113||
    digger2d2|||178||
    Shazkea|||-||
    Curl52|||||
    ilovetorun |||159.6||
    James Howlett|||179| |
    RallyRunner|||128.5||
    corked|||130.5||
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|||89||
    Milosh|||149||
    RubyK|5|43.3|204.3|LSR of 19.5 miles on Saturday am. Longest run yet and took just under 3 hrs. Stomach queasy for a lot of the run. Not sure gels agree with me|
    The_Dazzler|||||
    Mrslow|||48.25||
    marrona|||199.32||

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

William72|||93.2||
    The Wexican|||101||
    rofno1|4|27|141|13.1 LSR, looking forward to 10 mile race as step back next week.|
    boccy23|||117||
    brophya2007|||148.8||
    beamgirl|||114||
    michellemuncher|||128||
    Dave_|||||
    littlebug|||165||
    DigiJem|||161||
    D Chief|||113||
    digger2d2|||178||
    Shazkea|||-||
    Curl52|||||
    ilovetorun |||159.6||
    James Howlett|||179| |
    RallyRunner|||128.5||
    corked|||130.5||
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|||89||
    Milosh|||149||
    The_Dazzler|||||
    Mrslow|||48.25||
    marrona|||199.32||

I'm not sure if the 14 miles on three nights in a row over week affected me but the last 2 miles of the 13.1 LSR on Saturday were a real struggle.

First time out with water belt and I really needed it.

Reading the schedule, this is a 6 week period of mad mileage! :eek:

How many of us are doing Frank Duffy 10 nile on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

mrslow wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but are jelly babies actually jelly babies or some brand of something else?:o

I had the exact same question a few weeks ago but RK set me straight. :o

rofno1 wrote: »

I'm doing it - aiming for under 85 minutes to stay on track for sub-4 in the marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

rofno1 wrote: »

I'd say nearly all of us will be doing it.

Here's a suggestion which might be unpopular;
    How about amending the table to include a section for participation in the Frank Duffy 10 mile? Everyone could just put in a Y on N, it would a lot easier then trying to remember who is doing it and going back over pages of posts.

Y or N?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭William72

William72|3|12.1|93.2|In with Physio with sore knee so had rest up and skip LSR this week|
    The Wexican|||101||
    rofno1|4|27|141|13.1 LSR, looking forward to 10 mile race as step back next week.|
    boccy23|||117||
    brophya2007|4|24.5|148.8|13 mile lsr done but with a struggle. Looking forward to the "step back" week.|
    beamgirl|||114||
    michellemuncher|||128||
    Dave_|||||
    littlebug|||165||
    DigiJem|||161||
    D Chief|||113||
    digger2d2|||178||
    Shazkea|||-||
    Curl52|||||
    ilovetorun |||159.6||
    James Howlett|||179| |
    RallyRunner|||128.5||
    corked|||130.5||
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|||89||
    Milosh|||149||
    The_Dazzler|||||
    Mrslow|||48.25||
    marrona|||199.32||

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

William72|||93.2||
    The Wexican|||101||
    boccy23|||117||
    brophya2007|4|24.5|173.3|13.5 lsr done but with a struggle.|
    beamgirl|||114||
    michellemuncher|||128||
    Dave_|||||
    littlebug|||165||
    DigiJem|||161||
    D Chief|||113||
    digger2d2|||178||
    Shazkea|||-||
    Curl52|||||
    ilovetorun |||159.6||
    James Howlett|||179| |
    RallyRunner|||128.5||
    corked|||130.5||
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|||89||
    Milosh|||149||
    The_Dazzler|||||
    Mrslow|||48.25||
    marrona|||199.32||

Also doing the Frank Duffy 10 mile - will be happy with a sub 100

William72|3|12.1|93.2|In with Physio with sore knee so had rest up and skip LSR this week|
    The Wexican|||101||
    boccy23|||117||
    brophya2007|4|24.5|148.8|13 mile lsr done but with a struggle. Looking forward to the "step back" week.|
    beamgirl|||114||
    michellemuncher|||128||
    Dave_|||||
    littlebug|5|29.2|194.2|happy with 13.1 lsr |
    DigiJem|||161||
    D Chief|||113||
    digger2d2|||178||
    Shazkea|||-||
    Curl52|||||
    ilovetorun |||159.6||
    James Howlett|||179| |
    RallyRunner|||128.5||
    corked|||130.5||
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|||89||
    Milosh|||149||
    The_Dazzler|||||
    Mrslow|||48.25||
    marrona|||199.32||

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

The Wexican|||101||
    boccy23|||117||
    beamgirl|||114||
    michellemuncher|||128||
    Dave_|||||
    DigiJem|||161||
    D Chief|||113||
    digger2d2|||178||
    Shazkea|||-||
    Curl52|||||
    ilovetorun |||159.6||
    James Howlett|4|36|215|Miscalculated my LSR and did 16.25 instead of 17. At this stage the thoughts of doing longer distances scares me. Also doing Frank Duffy.|
    RallyRunner|||128.5||
    corked|||130.5||
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|||89||
    Milosh|||149||
    The_Dazzler|||||
    Mrslow|||48.25||
    marrona|||199.32||

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

The Wexican|||101||
    boccy23|||117||
    beamgirl|||114||
    michellemuncher|||128||
    Dave_|||||
    DigiJem|||161||
    D Chief|||113||
    digger2d2|||178||
    Shazkea|||-||
    Curl52|||||
    ilovetorun |4|31|190|This was step back week for me-I must have needed it as I felt each of the 4 runs tough last week. 17m LSR planned for this week|
    James Howlett|4|36|215|Miscalculated my LSR and did 16.25 instead of 17. At this stage the thoughts of doing longer distances scares me. Also doing Frank Duffy.|
    RallyRunner|||128.5||
    corked|||130.5||
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|||89||
    Milosh|||149||
    The_Dazzler|||||
    Mrslow|||48.25||
    marrona|||199.32||

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

The Wexican|||101||
    boccy23|||117||
    brophya2007|4|24.5|173.3|13 mile lsr done but with a struggle. Looking forward to the "step back" week.|
    beamgirl|||114||
    michellemuncher|||128||
    Dave_|||||
    DigiJem|||161||
    D Chief|||113||
    digger2d2|||178||
    Shazkea|||-||
    Curl52|||||
    ilovetorun |4|31|190|This was step back week for me-I must have needed it as I felt each of the 4 runs tough last week. 17m LSR planned for this week|
    RallyRunner|||128.5||
    corked|||130.5||
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|||89||
    Milosh|||149||
    The_Dazzler|||||
    Mrslow|||48.25||
    marrona|||199.32||

=brophya2007;67477809]Name|Sessions Completed|Total Miles This Week|Total Mileage To Date|Comments
    The Wexican|||101||
    boccy23|||117||
    brophya2007|4|24.5|173.3|13 mile lsr done but with a struggle. Looking forward to the "step back" week.|
    beamgirl|||114||
    michellemuncher|||128||
    Dave_|||||
    DigiJem|||161||
    D Chief|||113||
    digger2d2|||178||
    Shazkea|||-||
    Curl52|||||
    RallyRunner|||128.5||
    corked|||130.5||
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|||89||
    Milosh|||149||
    The_Dazzler|||||
    Mrslow|3|20|68.25|13.5 mile LSR done (missed my midweek 6 mile:mad:, my groin started giving trouble at mile 10 so I'm gonna have to get into a serious stretching routine, running with others makes a huge difference and the good news is that my knee feels great today:D|
    marrona|||199.32||

After my successful LSR I'm almost disappointed this is a stepback week - Am I nuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The plan for this week:

Week 9
    Monday | Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    rest|3 m|7 m|4 m|rest|10 m|cross

Stepback week again - which some may be glad of! Down to 10 miles for your LSR this week (funnily enough, Frank Duffy 10 miler this week, fits in well!). Midweek runs will take you a little further this week, up to 7 miles for the midweek sorta-long run, and one of the shorter runs stretches out to 4 miles. Not adding anything to the midweek runs this week, run easy and run comfortable. :)

Week 10
    Monday | Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    rest|3 m|7 m|4 m|rest|15 m|cross

Another jump in terms of the long run this week - 15 miles, sounds like quite a nice round figure! At this stage you should really be trying to work out the little things that work for you on longer runs, distance magnifies all the little annoyances.

Some great work out of all of you over the last couple of weeks, best of luck to everyone racing on Saturday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

The Wexican|||101||
    boccy23|4|27|144|Feeling good at the half way point of trianing schedule. Week off worked a treat and body is now fine.|
    beamgirl|||114||
    michellemuncher|||128||
    Dave_|||||
    DigiJem|||161||
    D Chief|||113||
    digger2d2|||178||
    Shazkea|||-||
    Curl52|||||
    RallyRunner|||128.5||
    corked|||130.5||
    Cr17|||||
    MitreSize5|||89||
    Milosh|||149||
    The_Dazzler|||||
    Mrslow|3|20|68.25|13.5 mile LSR done (missed my midweek 6 mile:mad:, my groin started giving trouble at mile 10 so I'm gonna have to get into a serious stretching routine, running with others makes a huge difference and the good news is that my knee feels great today:D|
    marrona|||199.32||

Enjoying the battle of the LSR in trying to find what works from a hydration, gels, areas of chaffing :( and gear to take. But I'm winning the battle as of now. Frank Duffy 10m next weekend. So here's hoping for weather like this weekend.

[QUOTE
    Enjoying the battle of the LSR in trying to find what works from a hydration, gels, areas of chaffing :( and gear to take. But I'm winning the battle as of now. Frank Duffy 10m next weekend. So here's hoping for weather like this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Is everyone dealing with chaffing at this level? What about nipples? I'm just thinking should I pre-empt or wait until it happens.:D

Bodyglide for the chafing, micropore tape for the nips. Don't wait until it's too late! :eek:

RayCun wrote: »
    Bodyglide for the chafing, micropore tape for the nips. Don't wait until it's too late! :eek:

I dunno, I haven't had anything resembling an issue there ;)- what point did it affect you?

• Advertisement

About 8 miles seems to be my limit. I've been taping on long runs for a while, but did an untaped midweek run last week of about 8.5. Felt fine when I was running, but a little tender in the shower afterwards. So from this week on I'll be safe rather than sorry.

Advertisement