Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Dublin Marathon Novices/Sub-4:30 Mentored Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Round steak minced, onions softened in virgin olive oil so as not to blacken during bbq, a little seasoning and I had sesame seeds on the bun!!!;)

Half and half minced beef and lamb, breadcrumbs, worchester sauce, half a beef stock cube, red onions (fried), salt, black pepper and a grated apple with the juice squeezed out makes for one whopper of a burger!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Hoping to do 20 on Sunday instead if anyone is around? (would prefer to do Saturday but on physio's recommendation it's Sunday now:mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

1. Nachoqueen
    2. menoscemo
    3. jcsmum
    4. RayCun

JEmily wrote: »
    Hoping to do 20 on Sunday instead if anyone is around? (would prefer to do Saturday but on physio's recommendation it's Sunday now:mad:)

Sunday:

1. My good self
    2. Mr. The Wexican

Welcome back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

mrslow wrote: »
    Sunday:

1. My good self
    2. Mr. The Wexican

Welcome back!

What time would you guys be meeting up at on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Sunday:

1. My good self
    2. Mr. The Wexican
    3. JEmily

What time would you guys be meeting up at on Sunday?

9am dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

9am dude!

I'm tempted to join you guys.
    Sunday is my final 20miler as well and the thoughts of another solitary 20miles kills me.
    I'll try and swing it and let you know by friday if I can make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Saturday 9 A.M.
    1. Nachoqueen
    2. menoscemo
    3. jcsmum
    4. RayCun
    5. digger

Where are we boozing after the race?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There's been a few ideas mentioned so far in various threads - the pacers will be in the Conrad, the Market Bar and Porterhouse Central were also mentioned. I'll add The Bank in Dame Street as a suggestion too.

Priorities. :pac:

There's been a few ideas mentioned so far in various threads - the pacers will be in the Conrad, the Market Bar and Porterhouse Central were also mentioned. I'll add The Bank in Dame Street as a suggestion too.

Priorities. :pac:

You're the boss, don't give a choice or we'll be arguing about it til Christmas - Where do you want to go? No Pressure.

Stop adding new options!

Pick somewhere for dancing!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭William72

Bit of advice required guys

I'm due to do my 10 miler tonight and then 20 on Friday (I'm away for the weekend so want to get it in beforehand) thing is I've a bit of a head cold going on - nothing major but comes and goes. Right now I'm feeling okayish but am debating whether to knock it on the head tonight in favour of getting myself better for the 20 on friday? Could I make things worse by going out for the 10 tonight? I hate missing the miles see... and yes I know they're not necessary at this stage but you know...

thanks in advance oh wise ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

William72 wrote: »

I'm due to do my 10 miler tonight and then 20 on Friday (I'm away for the weekend so want to get it in beforehand) thing is I've a bit of a head cold going on - nothing major but comes and goes. Right now I'm feeling okayish but am debating whether to knock it on the head tonight in favour of getting myself better for the 20 on friday? Could I make things worse by going out for the 10 tonight? I hate missing the miles see... and yes I know they're not necessary at this stage but you know...

I looked into this a little while ago.....It seems that you're ok if it's above your neck as far as I remember...Anything of a sore throat or chesty is a different matter.....That said, I ignored and kept running although wasn't at that sort of mileage at that stage....

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I looked into this a little while ago.....It seems that you're ok if it's above your neck as far as I remember...Anything of a sore throat or chesty is a different matter.....That said, I ignored and kept running although wasn't at that sort of mileage at that stage....

The only thing you can do with a virus/cold is rest, drop the 10 miler in favour of the 20 because you'll want that 20 under your belt for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭nachoqueen

back went into spasm last night, never happened before, kind of scary, after physio/swimming etc should be ok for sunday, not saturday im afraid

nachoqueen wrote: »
    back went into spasm last night, never happened before, kind of scary, after physio/swimming etc should be ok for sunday, not saturday im afraid

Sorry to hear that!

Go Team Sunday!

jaysus thats very quick typing mr slow!

• Advertisement

Splitters!

I'm like a panther ready to pounce.......meow

RayCun wrote: »
    Splitters!

C'mon Ray, come over to the Sunday side.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

nachoqueen wrote: »

Jeez, there's an excuse if I ever heard one! :rolleyes:
    Digger and I aren't interested in your nachos anymore. I mean if you didn't share with us before............ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

William72 wrote: »

Hey...Well I did an 8 mile sat evenin and then my 20 mile Sunday just after 12 with a head cold (still have it) and Its a real bitch but do able...You shud be able to bash both of them out.... particularly if you have a 2 day rest period before teh 20 miler

jcsmum wrote: »
    Jeez, there's an excuse if I ever heard one! :rolleyes:
    Digger and I aren't interested in your nachos anymore. I mean if you didn't share with us before............ :D

They're our nacho's now (insert evil laugh)

You should see me , I can't walk , have managed to chomp down loads of nachos feeling sorry for myself

Have kept some nachos for mr evil/ slow and the Sunday gang though . Besides diggers dodgy vest was playing havoc for my image !

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Put me down for as a possible for Saturday will ya?? I don't think I have been given any matches to referee so I may as well a second 20 miler....for good measure u no! :P

• Advertisement

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Put me down for as a possible for Saturday will ya?? I don't think I have been given any matches to referee so I may as well a second 20 miler....for good measure u no! :P

That'll bring up the percentage of ladies on Saturday;)

Advertisement