Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Dublin Marathon Novices/Sub-4:30 Mentored Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

mrslow wrote: »
    WTF?:confused:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I'm with 'The Saturdays' for 12........;)

I'm a Saturday drone this week too!

jcsmum wrote: »
    ;)

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

And digger, regardless of what MrSlow says about you, you are a gentleman. Thanks again. :)

Not a problem....You're welcome!

I'm a Saturday drone this week too!

12 miles at 8:50 pace?:D

• Advertisement

:(

apologies mrslow, my attempt at humour not good.

You made me all sad :(

You should have mentioned my banana and that would have had him thinking :D:D

You know that thought crossed my mind, but I just couldn't type it.....
    :D

Digger + vest + banana + Furry Glen = ?

• Advertisement

You know that thought crossed my mind, but I just couldn't type it.....
    :D

I'm laughing here cos it was only a little one :D

I'm laughing here cos it was only a little one :D

Ah Digger don't worry about it, I'm sure it does the job ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Lads I am not going to lie...I am a little worried and disturbed by all of this talk of bananas and thinking..... that seems like a worrying combination on this board

Digger + vest + banana + Furry Glen = ?

I'd love to be able to tell you that you're getting warm, but it was all very innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

I knew i would miss something by going out on Sunday instead...:confused:

Stiff and a banana comment...Digger you need to explain yourself pronto

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Just posted on my training log about my 20miler (well, 19.7 miler) on Saturday. Stuggled to keep up with the boys at 17 miles and just stopped. Total exhaustion. I managed to walk/run the last 3 miles or so and was happy to arrive home uninjured, while being a bit deflated.

Thanks to the guys for such a great run (well up to mile 14 or so), Meno, ladGAGA, Grimbergen, Ray, Brian & digger.
    Brian, apologies I was so zombie-like when you were talking to me. I was concentrating so much on just keeping going. Sorry about that.
    Thanks again. :)

Had just read your log too, i know your probably *issed to say the elast, but you got through it, you done it none the less.

It was a very tough week last weeks training, i'm not surprised the bodies are wrecked. Taper will have you bursting with energy, wait and see. I was bursting to go yesterday and i'd only had a week off long runs as such, imagine 3.

I'd love to be able to tell you that you're getting warm.

Of course you would...You're only human ;)

JEmily wrote: »
    I knew i would miss something by going out on Sunday instead...:confused:

Stiff and a banana comment...Digger you need to explain yourself pronto

Look, I'm not one to talk...So I'll just say that jcsmum really needed to consume my banana....Now that's the last I'll say on the subject! ;)

Look, I'm not one to talk...So I'll just say that jcsmum really needed to consume my banana....Now that's the last I'll say on the subject! ;)

Is this moving towards another gel descriptive post?:D

Is this moving towards another gel descriptive post?:D

Excuse me, I'm a lady.

• Advertisement

Haha.... Oh on the description of gels...I tried out the apple powerbar ones there on sat for my 15 miler and let me just say I have never EVER tasted anythin as vile in my life....(They are really good and actaully have gone best with my stomach) I also tried out thsoe ones you get in tesco which are a lot easier to take and were ok!!! Powerbar
    > like Diggers banana

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Haha.... Powerbar
    > like Diggers banana

Gives a similar boost....;)

I just read Jcsmum's log, Digger - you're a star and if I didn't think you were a nice guy before - now you're a rock star and Jcsmum, you stuck with it - be proud of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭nachoqueen

and people say the internet is full of pervs... so not true

Back a bit better today, going out tonight on grass in bushy park to see if its any better

jcsmom i think that boink thing was really good thing to happen in training, if anything remotely happens like that at DCM you will know how to handle it

All the pervy talk has corrupted how i think about gels, corrupted I tell ya

nachoqueen wrote: »
    and people say the internet is full of pervs... so not true

Back a bit better today, going out tonight on grass in bushy park to see if its any better

jcsmom i think that boink thing was really good thing to happen in training, if anything remotely happens like that at DCM you will know how to handle it

All the pervy talk has corrupted how i think about gels, corrupted I tell ya

I'm sure there are those that would be happy to think about gels in that way, for proof I refer you back to the internet, not that I've ever looked at those things - I use the internet purely for educational purposes:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, hope you'll be in action on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭marrona

You're probably going to drive everyone close to you absolutely nuts with talk of the marathon
    I don't chat to anyone about running! Boards is like my secret double life!

I'm sure there are those that would be happy to think about gels in that way, for proof I refer you back to the internet, not that I've ever looked at those things - I use the internet purely for educational purposes:rolleyes:

It can still be eduacational even then :P

@ Nachoqueen.... Where do u live? I just moved house at the weekend and I am pretty sure that templogue is close to bushy park! correct me if I am wrong there?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭marrona

Name|Sessions Completed|Total Miles This Week|Total Mileage To Date|Comments
    William72|||260.2||
    The Wexican|||288||
    rofno1|||251||
    boccy23|3|30|343|20 mile LSR was split by the massive showers yesterday but finished it off eventually. Missed a session due to work as well.|
    brophya2007|3|35|379.4|Feeling sluggish this week.|
    beamgirl|||274||
    michellemuncher|||234||
    RayCun|4|39|467.1|Last 20 down, it's taper time|
    littlebug| 4|40|373.2|very happy with 20 miler and equally happy to be into taper time!|
    meathcountysec|||506.23||
    DigiJem|4|39|314|Good week, very happy to get the 20 done|
    D Chief|||283||
    digger2d2|4|36|428|Was stiff (easy JEmily) after the 20 mile yesterday but fine today....|
    Curl52|||401||
    ilovetorun |4|36|340|Delighted to have the last 20m done,cant believe we're all nearly there. Roll on the taper!|
    James Howlett|||377||
    RallyRunner|||346.1||
    corked| | |273.65| |
    Milosh|||352||
    RubyK|5|28.9|473.54|A bad week for me, with no LSR done. I'm not ready to taper :eek:|
    The_Dazzler|||||
    JEmily||27|245|I'm back and am feeling very good. Only thing about a week off is my taper will seem like work, so happy days for me, the rest of you are going to go mad:p|
    Mrslow|3|33|278.8|Roll on taper, can't believe it's only three weeks to go|
    marrona|4|40.23|433.72|great run x 4 incl. first and only 20miles (only 75% of the distance! :eek:)|
    Agent J|||139| |
    mprop|||||
    nachoqueen|||||
    Lad GAGA|4|40|c466|Last of the long runs, we're nearly there (yet)|
    BrokenMan| ||542.89||
    Perkina3||| c. 270?| |

Perkina3 wrote: »
    It can still be eduacational even then :P

@ Nachoqueen.... Where do u live? I just moved house at the weekend and I am pretty sure that templogue is close to bushy park! correct me if I am wrong there?

Bushy park is on the Templeogue rd between Terenure and Templeogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Name|Sessions Completed|Total Miles This Week|Total Mileage To Date|Comments
    William72|||260.2||
    The Wexican|||288||
    rofno1|||251||
    boccy23|3|30|343|20 mile LSR was split by the massive showers yesterday but finished it off eventually. Missed a session due to work as well.|
    brophya2007|3|35|379.4|Feeling sluggish this week.|
    beamgirl|||274||
    michellemuncher|||234||
    RayCun|4|39|467.1|Last 20 down, it's taper time|
    littlebug| 4|40|373.2|very happy with 20 miler and equally happy to be into taper time!|
    meathcountysec|||506.23||
    DigiJem|4|39|314|Good week, very happy to get the 20 done|
    D Chief|||283||
    digger2d2|4|36|428|Was stiff (easy JEmily) after the 20 mile yesterday but fine today....|
    Curl52|||401||
    ilovetorun |4|36|340|Delighted to have the last 20m done,cant believe we're all nearly there. Roll on the taper!|
    James Howlett|||377||
    RallyRunner|||346.1||
    corked| | |273.65| |
    Milosh|||352||
    RubyK|5|28.9|473.54|A bad week for me, with no LSR done. I'm not ready to taper :eek:|
    The_Dazzler|||||
    JEmily||27|245|I'm back and am feeling very good. Only thing about a week off is my taper will seem like work, so happy days for me, the rest of you are going to go mad:p|
    Mrslow|3|33|278.8|Roll on taper, can't believe it's only three weeks to go|
    marrona|4|40.23|433.72|great run x 4 incl. first and only 20miles (only 75% of the distance! :eek:)|
    Agent J|||139| |
    mprop|||||
    nachoqueen|||||
    Lad GAGA|4|40|c466|Last of the long runs, we're nearly there (yet)|
    BrokenMan|5 |42.75|585.64|All the hard work done :) (I hope)|
    Perkina3||| c. 270?| |

Advertisement