Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Dublin Marathon Novices/Sub-4:30 Mentored Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

xebec wrote: »
    Right, so when we see RQ on Sunday we're all running in the cycle lane - must remember to bring the tins of Lilt, ham sandwiches in tinfoil and to link arms... :pac:

(If you don't get the reference to a certain event then I'm not explaining, Friday afternoon isn't being kind to me)

It is the left knee, am I right? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

We also should sing songs while we link arms and run on the cycle path.

If we get the wrong cyclist, could be right fun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Hmmm...... I am thinking of going for this LSR with you guys on Sunday....Any chance you can do it at like 10 on Sunday??

Also how long is it for?? I am thinking of doing bout 12 miles!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Hmmm...... I am thinking of going for this LSR with you guys on Sunday....Any chance you can do it at like 10 on Sunday??

How bad is this getting, first we had the original (and best) Saturday 9 A.M. group (The Judean People's Front of Sub 4:30 Mentored Thread), then the splitters split to a Sunday (The People's Front of Judean Sub 4:30 Mentored Thread), then James Howlett split from the Sunday splitters and founded the (The People's Front of Judean Sub 4:30 Mentored Thread Latecomers) and now Perkina wants to split from the Sunday splitters who split from the original group and find (The People's Front of Judean Sub 4:30 Thread I want a lie in) :confused::confused::confused:

Holy jaybus...We are back in this match......!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Perkina3 wrote: »

Also how long is it for?? I am thinking of doing bout 12 miles!! :D

Won't be much faster than that anyway, I'm planning up to 20 so that pace suits me fine. Route planned is about 10.5 miles with everyone adding what they want after that. See you bright and early Sunday morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭davetherave

Excuse me.... Mine is the Judean peoples front of Judea! Get it right.... Ok so what time are all the splitters running at then? maybe I can join one of them...Jus I am coming from Templogue and I can't get there for 9 cuz of the 'reliable' service run by Dublin bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭davetherave

This is perkina3 btw....on my bros site!!

I forgot to log out of my bros account :P

And what did the Romans ever do for us?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

hahaha... who knows!!! :P.... though I do know I am shattered!!! Wooooo marathon is only 2 weeks away! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Just checked the Dublin Marathon Website; 13,000 people down for the 25th... Holy :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Just checked the Dublin Marathon Website; 13,000 people down for the 25th... Holy :eek:

Crazy B*stards ;)

chinguetti wrote: »
    We also should sing songs while we link arms and run on the cycle path.

If we get the wrong cyclist, could be right fun:D

What about the can can? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭mprop

I ahvent been too active on this of late, just getting nervous now ahead of tomorrow, thought I'd drop in with an update;
    Finished Gael Force West 4 weeks ago, climbed Mount Kilimanjaro 2 weeks ago and I have the Chicago marathon tomorrow ahead of the Dublin marathon in 16 days....

Nervous as hell. Took on way too much! Most miles I have been hitting is 15, just hade to break training with the mountain etc.

I reckon I can do it tomorrow, I have a very sore knee and I am still pretty wrecked from Africa but I think I have the will to do it.

Running for Crumlins Childrens Hospital, its giving me a big push to finish everything.

I cant wait to finish, get fat and get drunk without thinking of running the next day.

Feel pretty good about myself though, toughest I have done before this year was a 10km race in 2005 :D

Wish me luck for tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭beamgirl

mprop wrote: »
    Finished Gael Force West 4 weeks ago, climbed Mount Kilimanjaro 2 weeks ago and I have the Chicago marathon tomorrow ahead of the Dublin marathon in 16 days....

Holy cow, and I thought I had it tough with one measly marathon!

Did the 12 miles this morning and found it quiet tough think after the 20 miles and 18 miles over the past 2 weeks it would be a breeze but 2 hours on your feet is still 2 hours and not to be taken lightly...lesson learnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭beamgirl

Jes and I thought I had it hard with one measly marathon! best of luck tomorrow, let us know how you get on...

I ahvent been too active on this of late, just getting nervous now ahead of tomorrow, thought I'd drop in with an update;

Nervous as hell. Took on way too much! Most miles I have been hitting is 15, just hade to break training with the mountain etc.

I reckon I can do it tomorrow, I have a very sore knee and I am still pretty wrecked from Africa but I think I have the will to do it.

Running for Crumlins Childrens Hospital, its giving me a big push to finish everything.

I cant wait to finish, get fat and get drunk without thinking of running the next day.

Feel pretty good about myself though, toughest I have done before this year was a 10km race in 2005 :D

Wish me luck for tomorrow....

Best of luck, I hope the knee holds up for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

How about we meet Saturday afternoon? 2.30 at the pacers' stand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

RayCun wrote: »

Sounds good to me.

RayCun wrote: »

Can I come too? Dunno what my plan is for the weekend yet, will definitely be going to Expo on Sat but won't know time till closer... Good idea to set a time and place though.

Nice bit of a group session again this morning, a few of the faster guys were out so the pace was a little quicker than normal but still Wexican and Grimbergen were leading us the whole way around! It's taper time :D

That sounds like a plan. If me and Xebec are barred, we can always set up a splitters group. Tis tradition:p

• Advertisement

That sounds like a plan. If me and Xebec are barred, we can always set up a splitters group. Tis tradition:p

I can understand you being barred! But why would I be?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

For being an Arsenal supporter. :pac:

For being an Arsenal supporter. :pac:

Quiet you.

I'm not an Arsenal fan but Meno did beat me so i'm guessing thats my reason.

For running on the cycle lanes dear. Bloody runners.

For running on the cycle lanes dear. Bloody runners.

And who was the person here amongst us that the cyclist shook his head at and tutted???

All i'm saying is that they had a white and purple top.

And who was the person here amongst us that the cyclist shook his head at and tutted???

All i'm saying is that they had a white and purple top.

I believe that person was just demonstrating why runners should not be running in the cycle lane.

I believe that person was just demonstrating why runners should not be running in the cycle lane.

Did it really need to be demonstrated twice? Or were you just making sure we understood?

Did it really need to be demonstrated twice? Or were you just making sure we understood?

THEY were just making sure everyone understood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'm not an Arsenal fan but Meno did beat me so i'm guessing thats my reason.
    Great that must mean I'm not barred. See youse at the pacers stand.
    Yes, that person almosty managed to knock down the cyclist and do herself another injury a few weeks before another marathon. Despite that I expect she'll be at the RDS collecting her number next saturday too :pac:

Advertisement