Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Colour are you?

Options
  • 05-05-2010 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

OpenFM - Which will be Ireland's 1st radio station to celebrate gay culture has come up with the idea of colours check out www.openfm.ie to see which colour you are...each letter LGBTQQA represents a colour of the rainbow with a definition for what each letter stands for. It's interesting and a lil different & fun!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Untense

emma88 wrote: »
    OpenFM - Which will be Ireland's 1st radio station to celebrate gay culture has come up with the idea of colours check out www.openfm.ie to see which colour you are...each letter LGBTQQA represents a colour of the rainbow with a definition for what each letter stands for. It's interesting and a lil different & fun!

Great marketing strategy. I'll buy two.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I went looking for this on the website and couldn't find it!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Johnnymcg wrote: »

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Creadak

The idea is great, but as a web designer, that website makes me want to barf...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I don't think someone tought through the message they were delivering.

I can only assume that it is a refernce to the lgbt rainbow flag.
    But there is no universal agreed colour code from the flag to people.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_symbols#Pride_flag_and_colors

Mind you purple was adopted by a lot of the bisexuals, as being a blend of pink and blue.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexual_pride_flag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    This also, where is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Pink Adoptions

I wonder what color I should be.
    Why is pink not part of the colors of the rainbow? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There was pink in the orignal 8 colour flag which was created by Gilbert Baker in 1978.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭energy69

A campaign I came across while in London that a drama group use and that empowers young people. So most people probably know LGBT = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (umbrella term)

Q = Queer - a term that a lot of the younger generation (in the UK) feel empowered with because, they know they are not straight although they haven't quite decided so, they're Queer, seems fair enough to me.

Q = Questioning - this one is self-explanatory and one that I feel we don't have to go into, although, I will a little. This is where some people are unsure and are wondering. Just because people want to try something doesn't mean they are it. They are seeing whether its their cup of tea and therefore doing the act doesn't really make them anything, accept questioning. Now perhaps if they are Questioning for 10 years, one might ask...

A = Allies - the people that are straight and feel that the other letters are not them, although they relate to sexuality as an exploration of the individual and everyone to their own and they dont particularly feel like punching someone in the face because of their sexual interests. Perhaps they support or don't support marriage equality but they generally feel like they are behind the community in spirit or words

Now, for everyone else, we felt they didn't deserve a letter. So, we are left with seven letters and seven colours. The colours of the normal rainbow we all learnt in school and rather than choosing a letter to associate with you choose a colour or maybe 2 if you so wish or maybe none.

This is only an exploration we at OpenFM.ie believe in. Being open and including everyone. If you feel like joining in or helping out with web design , promotions or finding us a flat bed truck or double decker bus or you have some money you'd like to invest, feel free to contact us. We'd love to hear from you. Have a wonderful discussion. Try your best to find the silver lining if you can. Things always look better that way x

You can find it on: www.openfm.ie/about_us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Sorry

I ain't no letter or colour, I'm a person! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

energy69 wrote: »
    Now, for everyone else, we felt they didn't deserve a letter. So, we are left with seven letters and seven colours. The colours of the normal rainbow we all learnt in school and rather than choosing a letter to associate with you choose a colour or maybe 2 if you so wish or maybe none.

This is only an exploration we at OpenFM.ie believe in. Being open and including everyone. If you feel like joining in or helping out with web design , promotions or finding us a flat bed truck or double decker bus or you have some money you'd like to invest, feel free to contact us. We'd love to hear from you. Have a wonderful discussion. Try your best to find the silver lining if you can. Things always look better that way x

You can find it on: www.openfm.ie/about_us

I'm confused - where on the website does it say about colours?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

[QUOTE Mind you purple was adopted by a lot of the bisexuals, as being a blend of pink and blue.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexual_pride_flag[/QUOTE]

Yey Purple :D

Advertisement