Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college interview

Options
  • 05-05-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

i have an interview in carlow i.t next tuesday and i haven't a clue what to expect. do you treat it like a job interview and wear a suit and what kind of questions could they ask? its for an I.T related course. any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I've got an interview down there myself on Tuesday but here's what I learned from my last interview for college:

- dress either smart casual or in a suit
    - treat it respectfully like a job interview (remember this is your potential future)
    - questions asked could range from:

"why did you apply for this course?"
    "where do you see yourself, if in 2/3/4 years you graduate from IT Carlow?"
    "how does this course relate to what you are doing now, or does it?"
    "what are you doing now, or have you been doing in the last few years?"

The mature interview is more about getting to know your background, to get a slight inkling of who you are as a person and if you will be right for the course in question. The interview panel are usually very nice and will be encouraging towards you in regards to answers you give them (they will usually ask something on which you can elaborate and expand, so they get a good view of how you put yourself out there, come across to other people).

Hopefully that'll help you out somehow, and good luck with the interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

thats great, thanks. good luck with yours too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

thats great, thanks. good luck with yours too. :)
    Thanks :) My course is Sports Rehabilitation, vastly different but the same rules apply to both of us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I have my interview in Carlow IT on Monday morning! I'll let ya know how i get on, give you an idea of what they will ask!

Advertisement