Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox to VGA Colour Issue

• 05-05-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

So I use a VGA display for my Xbox and have the official connector. Its been running fine for months, but recently the colours on the display are totally messed up. All red's are black, green's are totally blown out etc.

I'm pretty sure the issue arose when a mate of mine was in my house using my Xbox to test direct feed recording into his cam. He brought down his cam, and a set of component cables (I don't have these cables myself, only HDMI and VGA). In the end he couldn't get the setup to work, but one of things he tried was to change the HZ settings (eg. 50 and 60hz) to try get it working. This is a setting you can access while connected with component cable, but not with HDMI or VGA. So I think what happened is he set the hz incorrectly, but didn't fix it. So that setting saved, and when I plugged back in the VGA later in the day it persisted, thus screwing up the colour of the Xbox and leaving me unable to change the setting.

This is the only I can think of that's happened. I've tested the Xbox with HDMI on my PC monitor and it works fine, and I've tested my VGA display with my laptop and that works fine.

What I'm wonder is does anyone know a way I can fix this? (I wont have access to the component cable for quite awhile) or if not is there anyway I can set the Xbox back to Factory Defualt Settings or something similar?

Cheers.

Advertisement