Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with cat???

Options
  • 05-05-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

My father's in the process of moving home, but will be without a permanent abode while he's waiting to buy a new house.

So, my question is what should he do with the cat during the period between now and when he moves into his new house? He's planning on going on holidays for two weeks, and will be staying in my brother's apartment when he returns, so he can't keep the cat during the tranitional period.

Should he kennel it??
    Leave it with his nextdoor neighbours until he's bought something new, and then bring it with him??
    Or should he leave it with a relative for a few weeks???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

It really is up to him. Kennelling it might be expensive if it's for a long time. But at least then he'll know it's safe.

If he has a neighbour or family that he can trust to mind the cat then that'd probably be great because it would be in a nice home environment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭nordisk celt83

Thanks for the advice. I think the neighbour option is the prob the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Yeah that sounds good because the cat would still be in his familiar territory :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 H123

Cats hate moving. I had three when I moved 10 years ago and lost 2 within three months. That was after keeping them in etc. For the preoscribed period. The moggy cats are the worst , the pedigree ones tend not to wander as badly.

Might be better if the neighbours could keep it. Especially if he is going to be unable to get him back for a long time.

Advertisement