Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hidden Camera at ATM in the Crescent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Hooked

Jaysus, I must check my account! I used the machine inside - beside KFC - on Monday (really hoping it's the one outside that they're on about). For the first time in years I didn't use my wallet to cover the numbers panel as I was chatting to a friend I hadn't met in ages... Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

first thing i done was check my balance

thankfully all of the 33 euros was still there:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

thank feck there's always a queue at it. Turned away from using it several times because of the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nice the way they don't actually confirm which ATM it is:rolleyes: Would be handy if they had so people that used it could check their accounts with their banks.

I am guessing it is the one outside the mall facing towards the flyover bridge and not the one at the cinema side or the one at the library side.

It has been a pretty common thing out there at the ATMs over the years, and it generally gets very little publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Most likely the one outside the bank (faceing the flyover)
    (and they mentioned the bank manager in the article)

Its been hit before, and I saw with some dudes hanging about with a laptop near a van a few months back that seemed to be keeping an eye on the ATM, Did not know if it was my imagination getting carried away or not but I remember checking it to make sure it was ok out of curiousity.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Thank God I'm broke and have no money in my account ;) They would feel sorry for me and leave money for me :p

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

bullets wrote: »
    Most likely the one outside the bank (faceing the flyover)
    (and they mentioned the bank manager in the article)

Its been hit before, and I saw with some dudes hanging about with a laptop near a van a few months back that seemed to be keeping an eye on the ATM, Did not know if it was my imagination getting carried away or not but I remember checking it to make sure it was ok out of curiousity.

~B

And did you not report it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The kinda thing that makes me wanna keep all my funds under the mattress instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

I used this bank machine(the ulster bank one) on sunday and the top panel was all broken out was wondering what was wrong with it..that must of been after they'd found the camera.. i usually cover the keypad with my hand when im typing my pin...must check my account to be on the safe side though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

And did you not report it ?

As I mentioned I did not know if it was my imagination
    getting carried away or not....thats why I checked the ATM.
    When I found nothing wrong with it I did not report it.

If I had noticed anything odd after looking at the ATM I would have reported it. And the powers that be could have
    caught a bad guy or some poor tesco employee on their lunch break having a smoke! :D

~B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

you can quite easily change your pin at most atm if you are worried in any way.

Advertisement