Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jtsuited wrote: »
    Is mise, I totally see where you're coming from on all this however I think it's important to see the wood from the trees.

It's one hell of a leap of faith to go from the US militarily interfering in numerous banana republics to a small shadowy enclave of capitalists engineering the world's economy in such a perfectly clinical fashion.

It was actually ianuss that offered the term 'shadowy capitalists' & you who is now also inserting 'small' into the phrase, when you put together the two phrases that you two guys had posted yes you do then conjure up an image of exactly what it says on the tin but lets be clear, i didnt put it out that way & you are reading something into it that you perceive the direction of the conversation is leading.
    jtsuited wrote: »
    If you want to look at the US's typical method in all it's glory, google search the following keywords : CIA, contras, Nicaragua, Oliver North. It's an old story but it pretty much frames everything the US have done since WW2 in a different light.

Oh and read some Chomsky: Hegemony or Survival is good. Failed States is pretty decent, and then all his stuff about the mass media is absolutely essential.

Will do when i get some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I get how people can sort of believe that there is a cartel of people controling things but even if they are does it really matter?

I mean theres feck all we can do if they do control it so why waste time worrying about it.

Make the best of the situation your in be it through education or pure hard work.
    Im honestly over people giving out constantly.I dont want to hear about this budget anymore,how **** Ireland is,the ****e political jokes,the snow,The fake Facebook outrage etc.

I can never understand how people let things that are out of there control affect there day to day lives.

seannash wrote: »
    I get how people can sort of believe that there is a cartel of people controling things but even if they are does it really matter?

I mean theres feck all we can do if they do control it so why waste time worrying about it.

Make the best of the situation your in be it through education or pure hard work.
    Im honestly over people giving out constantly.I dont want to hear about this budget anymore,how **** Ireland is,the ****e political jokes,the snow,The fake Facebook outrage etc.

I can never understand how people let things that are out of there control affect there day to day lives.

Ah it really gets simple when you get to this stage sean, maybe not you or i but a lot of people literally are hurting through stress of working out how to find money for basics, food, heat, clothes etc. If it were not for charity a lot of people would have really horrible quality of life.
    Then ask yourself what motivates people to oragnise & run charitys, it is because they do not like to see there felloow people suffering & will do what they can to change that & alleviate it.
    Then you can see the next logical step for some people is to offer an alternative way of life & politics, one that they beleive offers more dignity & equality to their fellow people that have found themselves on hard times.

I do beleive that there are two types of people, ones that are naturally empathic towards other human beings well being over everything else & ones that empathy is either alien to them or has become irrelevant due to concepts of materialisation becoming paramount over everything else.

The former breeds people that devote their lives to Charity, Social politics, aid work etc.

The latter become emmersed in the accumulation of wealth & material goods & this becomes paramount over the dignity of their fellow humans.

I know where i stand.

Ah it really gets simple when you get to this stage sean, maybe not you or i but a lot of people literally are hurting through stress of working out how to find money for basics, food, heat, clothes etc. If it were not for charity a lot of people would have really horrible quality of life.
    Totally understand this but i hear people who are employed and for who nothing has really changed and there constantly moaning.Young people with no responsibilities pretending to be furious about the state of the country because its socially cool to be outraged.
    Im well aware that people are hurting and the genuine cases are heartbreaking but its the people who are taking a minor lifestyle change as if theyve been fcuked over royally.And it seems like its everybody.

Quick example,fella in work giving out about losing some childcare allowance money at lunch today.I was eating a sandwich that i made at home like i do 4 out of 5 days whilst he was eating his meal he gets in the pub everyday at a cost of 9 euros.
    A little cutdown on his pubmeals would make up the difference.
    Then ask yourself what motivates people to oragnise & run charitys, it is because they do not like to see there felloow people suffering & will do what they can to change that & alleviate it.

Not gonna argue about that,despite how i might come across Im very charitable and my family is very active in the community.defenitely a great trait and im glad there are charitable people out there.
    Then you can see the next logical step for some people is to offer an alternative way of life & politics, one that they believe offers more dignity & equality to their fellow people that have found themselves on hard times.
    Hmmm,Im not sure people are offering an alternative.there simply giving out,demanding the bailout not be accepted,dont bail out the banks etc.

I dont think people understand why we needed to bail out the banks,why we needed the bailout or even how these things are cyclic.
    Every recession is inevitably gonna be the worst one because the standard of living is ever increasing and we fall from a greater height as the years progress
    I do beleive that there are two types of people, ones that are naturally empathic towards other human beings well being over everything else & ones that empathy is either alien to them or has become irrelevant due to concepts of materialisation becoming paramount over everything else.

The former breeds people that devote their lives to Charity, Social politics, aid work etc.

The latter become emmersed in the accumulation of wealth & material goods & this becomes paramount over the dignity of their fellow humans.

I know where i stand.
    Only two types is a bit naive.Im certainly interested in increasing my wealth but Im not exactly a cold hearted bastard.
    Its not as black and white as that.I seem to recall people having a pop at bill gates(maybe i got the person wrong) but he convinced alot of the richest corporations in the world to donate a **** load to charity.

Its just not as clean cut as those two examples

Like i said the genuine cases are heartbreaking but its the ones who are giving out about the slight hit they took.

Also as i said people are just giving out in general.
    Now this is gonna be taken as a bad point but im not outraged by the big pensions.

If i was in a job for 20 years and every person before me who retired recieved x amount of a pension id be thinking thats what i should be getting.Ive "worked" for it,did exactly what that person did so i should be rewarded the same.

Saying that i do think the pensions and wages are very high but very few people complained about the politicians wages in the good times
    I know if someone you worked with got more than you in there retirement payout last year than you you would feel hard done by no matter what job i did

seannash wrote: »
    Only two types is a bit naive.Im certainly interested in increasing my wealth but Im not exactly a cold hearted bastard.

Its just not as clean cut as those two examples

I dont have a lot of time at my disposal right this minute & i do agree with you, you cannot lump the entire population of the world & all their personality, beleifs etc into the two simple points but i havnt got a year to write a thesis on it.

It is natural to want to increase what you have to make yours & your familys life better off & more comfortable, but not at the expense of another humans dignity & to the point where it becomes more important than your fellow humans, which you have pointed out you do not.

To Each according to their need & to each according to their ability.

• Advertisement

I dont have a lot of time at my disposal right this minute & i do agree with you, you cannot lump the entire population of the world & all their personality, beleifs etc into the two simple points but i havnt got a year to write a thesis on it.

It is natural to want to increase what you have to make yours & your familys life better off & more comfortable, but not at the expense of another humans dignity & to the point where it becomes more important than your fellow humans, which you have pointed out you do not.

To Each according to their need & to each according to their ability.
    true
    I guess I just dont like being surrounded by a very pessimistic enviroment.

And now for something completeley different,

Check this guy out, 46.2 miles in 15 mins......i compressed the vid down to make it 100MB but you get the jist of it,

Ghost Rider - Uppsalla run

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Check this guy out, 46.2 miles in 15 mins......i compressed the vid down to make it 100MB but you get the jist of it,

Absolutely bonkers, but very impressive. I love what an experienced (and crazy) driver can do on a fast motorbike. Can't imagine trying to do something like that over here! When I was working in Ballsbridge and driving home on the N11 each evening, there was a guy driving a blue Yamaha R1 with a white or yellow strip on the tyres, wearing full leathers, who used to replicate that, but obviously at a much lower speed. I always thought he was nuts considering how people have no regard for notifying others when they're changing lanes on that stretch of road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Speaking of bonkers, check out this mad Bitch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Speaking of bonkers, check out this mad Bitch!!
    Holy shít, that fairly sums up the word bonkers alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What it the bungee connected to? Is there a bar spanning the two buildings? It's hard to see. Either way it's a bit mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Check out these mentallers.

I've seen that one before. NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!! Crazy stuff. I wouldn't do that if I had a safety harness.

I'm nearly getting sick watching that last one. Didn't have a fear of heights as a kid, do now, seems to get worse every year. Was walking down by the canal on Wednesday, looked over the edge into the lock - nearly got vertigo. Why is it that it gets worse as you get older?

joker77 wrote: »
    I'm nearly getting sick watching that last one. Didn't have a fear of heights as a kid, do now, seems to get worse every year. Was walking down by the canal on Wednesday, looked over the edge into the lock - nearly got vertigo. Why is it that it gets worse as you get older?
    I think fear in general gets worse as you get older.

There's a reason why they send kids to fight wars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

This may be of interest to some here as if I recall, some of the frequenters of this forum were banned for speculating about the cause of Gerry Ryan's passing.

It seems cocaine was implicated in his death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Pace2008 wrote: »
    This may be of interest to some here as if I recall, some of the frequenters of this forum were banned for speculating about the cause of Gerry Ryan's passing.

It seems cocaine was implicated in his death.

Sure 'twas well known he liked a snort.

Yeah heard that on the news. His gf seems to have gotten her statement out first saying that he was under a lot of stress, money problems, blah, blah, blah. And then the coroner's statement is released saying it's cocaine and alcohol related.

Sure he'd as good as admitted himself that he was an alcoholic. That combined with being over weight, smoking, his age, general health, and the recent revelations about taking cocaine, he wasn't given himself the best chances of living past his fifties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

SteoL wrote: »
    The self-appointed moral arbiters of the thread on his death, clambering over each other in a bid to prove they were the most empathetic, would have had you believe otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

he had been prescribed some stuff by his doctor to deal with 'stress and anxiety'....most likely a sh1tload of benzo's. Throw them in with a good bit of drink and then finish off with a few lines and away gerry went.

I was actually sitebanned over the whole fiasco and of course the gods of irony had me in the room where his book of condolences was about 10 hours later. Was surreal....very very surreal indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

joker77 wrote: »

I presume you've seen this one Joker? I don't have a fear of heights (actually get a bit of a thrill from them) but I don't think there's any money you could pay me to do what these guys are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Sitebanned? That's some serious shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Sitebanned? That's some serious shit.

yeah although to be fair, i left them with no other choice in the end.

was worth it for the lulz. some admin said i was banned from AH for breaking the rule of 'not being a dick' and I said I was gonna request a siteban for him for breaking said rule on a permanent basis (or something along those lines!).

SuprSi wrote: »
    I presume you've seen this one Joker? I don't have a fear of heights (actually get a bit of a thrill from them) but I don't think there's any money you could pay me to do what these guys are doing.
    Saw that one alright, hairy shít. Although with the harness it's less scary for some odd reason (I mean it's still the same height)

On Gerry Ryan, seen this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69491798&postcount=5983

SteoL wrote: »

Say it ain't so! Gerry was our obese, slobbering people's prince. His highlighting of Irish begrudgery and his ostentatious pontificating and oration on all matters made him a treasured family friend every week day between 9 and 12. He was like the obnoxious uncle everybody secretly pretends to like but really despises. Now I find out he was on drugs all the time? Words fail me Gerry, words fail me. You're dead to me now… Actually I know you're really dead but you're doubly double dead because the light that was in my heart for you has been extinguished by the flatulent wind of your dirty truth. If anyone needs me I'll be in my bedroom, crying… yes that's right, crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

the old 'Devil's Dandruff' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

but the most simple facts are being lost in all this, the overwhelming majority of debt that is out there from banks to business is not real & never was real money, it can be written off withouut dire consequences to the 'lenders' as long as they maintain there original reserves.
    Why dont they do this then?

You can't just expect debt to be written-off. If a company/bank/whatever is owed money, this debt is listed as an asset. Companies secure financing on the strength of their balance sheets. Being able to pay your debts is at the very core of business. It's actually against the law to trade when you're insolvent - for a good reason too. Otherwise there's anarchy.

I mean, if I lend you €10, and we both agree that you'll pay it back, and then on the strength of our agreement I borrow €5 off someone else. You can't expect me just to forget our agreement. It creates too much uncertainty. Why would anyone ever lend any money ever again under those conditions?

It was actually ianuss that offered the term 'shadowy capitalists' & you who is now also inserting 'small' into the phrase, when you put together the two phrases that you two guys had posted yes you do then conjure up an image of exactly what it says on the tin but lets be clear, i didnt put it out that way & you are reading something into it that you perceive the direction of the conversation is leading.

And dude, I know you don't believe there are reptiles ruling the world. That was said in jest. The 'shadowy capitalist' comment was in reference to your initial reply to my post regarding ethanol prices increasing costs in other unrelated markets, ie., milk prices, tortilla consumption and rising rice prices.

I was saying that it's a bit mad how one change in the ecosystem/global economy can have such wide ranging and unpredictable effects. But you then suggested that this trend was part of some sort of deception. Some sort of strategy by people or companies, I don't know? I see the whole thing as a 'cause & effect cycle' rather than the result of any sort of combined effort to force global food prices higher.

Crazy fukker gets up to 180mph!

• Advertisement

Think of dead people and white powder made me think of this:

Abandoned on Everest

Advertisement