Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Not a good 2 days for me as far as headphones go. My Sennheisers died yesterday, and I've been looking for my iPhone headphones for ages now. Went to iron a shirt and found them in the pocket. :( Unlike a tenner that's been put through the wash these are unfortunately unusable

Think of dead people and white powder made me think of this:

Abandoned on Everest
    Heard something about that on the radio the other day. Apparently they're trying to do a clean up but it's nigh on impossible. I'd known that there are quite a lot of bodies left but didn't think it was soo many. Isn't there a bit of an unwritten rule in the Death Zone that if you can't make it on your own that you're just left there? It would certainly explain the amount of bodies.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Think of dead people and white powder made me think of this:

Abandoned on Everest

That was very interesting and very grim! Gonna scratch climbing Everest off my list of things to do before I die list.

Fck me those clips of various mad bastrds hanging off cranes and that are mental. I was never afraid of heights when I was younger but about 5 years ago I was out walking with a mate and his dog... he lives in Shankill and we wandered up towards the old lead mines. Thought it was a good idea to climb the lead mine chimney, didn't look that high and there were nice spiraling steps to get to the top, no rail or anything though to prevent you falling off the steps. Anyway, got to the top and proceeded to have a chat and look at the view all over Dublin. Then I got the brainwave to look down - I almost sh1t myself, unbelievable sense of fear and literally felt sick... had to go down step by step on my arse the whole way down! It doesn't look that high but bloody feels it when you are up the top...

LeadMines.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I've been up there a good bit on my bike, but the bottom steps are gone now, whether through natural causes or prevention I don't know. Would've loved to have climbed it but I can well imagine it being a scary view from the top, particuarly with no rails!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Final of the X-Factor tonight. Not interested in the slightest, but I have to admit that it's funny sitting beside the OH who's in tears at the drippy sh1te they have at the start of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

SuprSi wrote: »
    I've been up there a good bit on my bike, but the bottom steps are gone now, whether through natural causes or prevention I don't know. Would've loved to have climbed it but I can well imagine it being a scary view from the top, particuarly with no rails!

The lowest steps were missing when I went up - you had to climb up to reach the next step and then you could go all the way up. Felt grand going up, only literally when I looked down from the top did I get a tad scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

BaZmO* wrote: »

I dunno - they might try and quote the part of the above article which states the place is a "popular nightclub" :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I had a very intersting night last night. I was over visiting friends in London and a guy I know DJ's at this club so we went along to check it out. No bloody sign of a recession over there! I saw at least 5 different people order a round of drinks costing several thousand pounds. Not kidding. They would order like 10 bottles of champagne and a couple of magnums too - possibly also a bottle of vodka so big that to pour it you have to pick it up and balance it on your shoulder. These guys think nothing of spending 5k in one night. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Zascar wrote: »
    I had a very intersting night last night. I was over visiting friends in London and a guy I know DJ's at this club so we went along to check it out. No bloody sign of a recession over there! I saw at least 5 different people order a round of drinks costing several thousand pounds. Not kidding. They would order like 10 bottles of champagne and a couple of magnums too - possibly also a bottle of vodka so big that to pour it you have to pick it up and balance it on your shoulder. These guys think nothing of spending 5k in one night. Madness.

I presume you got your round in when the time came :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Hell of a final in the snooker tonight,Great comeback from Higgins

I couldn't watch Higgins after his shenanigans.

ianuss wrote: »
    Meh,he redeemed himself tonight,coming back from 5/9 to win 10/9.
    The double up on the brown he made took alot of balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Yeah I don't like looking at corpses after the whole dying shenanigans. Its just creepy...

seannash wrote: »
    The double up on the brown he made took alot of balls

Quote of the week!!!

Yeah I don't like looking at corpses after the whole dying shenanigans. Its just creepy...

?

?
    i think hes talking about alex higgins

...or was I!!??!

• Advertisement

Of course - pretty dumb on my part.
    peggyb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jtsuited wrote: »
    I was actually sitebanned over the whole fiasco and of course the gods of irony had me in the room where his book of condolences was about 10 hours later. Was surreal....very very surreal indeed.

Theres an old SIDES/ASYLUM alco junkie i know passed away at the weekend, will you sign a book of condolences for him????
    ... had to go down step by step on my arse the whole way down! It doesn't look that high but bloody feels it when you are up the top...

LeadMines.jpg

I remember back around 1995 - 1996 we were going to tramore for the long weekend & stopped in a mates apt in rathmines where the hotel was newly built at the time (think theres a LIDL & Travelodge there now) anyway we horsed a load of doves out of it all night & went up on to the roof of the hotel/apt complex & had a sunrise rave to Jay Carey's IGNORANCE, flying off the head stood on the 3 foot walled perimter of the roof looking down to the grounds six stories up (i think) it was a certain death anyway if i fell but was a great rush, thinking back about it now though it was fuc.king mental.

Another time myself & the brother in law climbed the sugar loaf mountain & decided to go down the front face just for the craic, he never said he was afraid of heights & it is beyond me why he agreed to go that way, i had to talk him down step by step one foot at a time for over an hour to get him to the bottom as he wouldnt turn to go back up, tore the whole arse out of his track suit & sweat about a 2 litre off his forehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Watched Louis C.K. - 'Hilarious' at the weekend, would highly recommend. Hadn't seen anything of his before, will be checking out his 'Chewed Up' one next:

Theres an old SIDES/ASYLUM alco junkie i know passed away at the weekend, will you sign a book of condolences for him????

He never sign the condolence book for the people's broadcaster.

It's weird I thought that nobody from any of those oldskool places ever developed any addictions after their times there because they were all so loved up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

He never sign the condolence book for the people's broadcaster.

It's weird I thought that nobody from any of those oldskool places ever developed any addictions after their times there because they were all so loved up.

He was ran over by snow plough, will you sign it now:D

He was ran over by snow plough, will you sign it now:D

Snow plough, that's not slang for a cocaine addict is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Just booked this as compensation for studying for my finals.

Finally get to see Kalkbrenner!

http://www.circusclub.co.uk/

Tickets are cheap enough...flights are sadly costing 70 euro. Anyone ever been to the Masque in Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

^ would have loved to skip over for this as I've yet to catch Kalkbrenner and it's far more acceptable than his wanky €40 a ticket event in Berlin for next June.

Sadly though all my funds are tied up in a Jan trip back to Berlin for more field recording stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

huh???
    I didn't sign the book of condolences. It was in the reception area in RTE radio and I was doing an interview for pulse that day, so me and Djamel had to make our way through crowds of mourners telling us they were so sorry for our loss.

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    huh???
    I didn't sign the book of condolences. It was in the reception area in RTE radio and I was doing an interview for pulse that day, so me and Djamel had to make our way through crowds of mourners telling us they were so sorry for our loss.

Yeah you do look a lot like Gerry alright.

Advertisement