Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Can't be *rsed trawling through the pages to see if this was mentioned before, but the Rubberbandits? Seriously? Does anyone find this funny in the slightest? It's almost worse than the Hardy Bucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DarrenDay

Close but not quite,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65815040&postcount=93

Actually think that could go in for Post of the year.
    Looks like I'm gone again. You and Jonny will have be back again with your outrageous arguments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Can't be *rsed trawling through the pages to see if this was mentioned before, but the Rubberbandits? Seriously? Does anyone find this funny in the slightest? It's almost worse than the Hardy Bucks.

Yeah. Its genius. The song is great and the way they piss off the moral minority is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I totally agree.

Oh, ive a limerick accent, please, everyone laugh.

The Horse Outside thing is good though, but they're other material is beyond pathetic.

• Advertisement

I totally agree.

Oh, ive a limerick accent, please, everyone laugh.

The Horse Outside thing is good though, but they're other material is beyond pathetic.

But there's real intelligence at work behind it all. The way your man Blindboy took on the Joe Duffy listenership and was able to have a debate about subtext and irony in his fake limerick accent was a thing of beauty. Song for Willie O'Dea and Bag of Glue are great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

Ah lads come on now.

Its a bit more than just plastic bags and a Limerick accent. As Android said theres plenty of intelligence behind the sillyness. Have you heard their Up The Ra song?

Its about as accurate of a portrait that you'll find of those Celtic jersey wearing clowns painting IRA around down the football pitches and giving out desperate sh*te about "the huns up north"

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Yeah. Its genius. The song is great and the way they piss off the moral minority is fantastic.

Was not attempting to be moral in any shape, just expressing my dislike at something currently in fashion.

/hipster :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I think Horse Outside is one of their worst tracks tbh.

Was not attempting to be moral in any shape, just expressing my dislike at something currently in fashion.

/hipster :pac:

No, I wasn't accusing you of a being all moral about the issue, just listing one of the reasons they're great. And I could never fit into scrotum constricting jeans at my age..

/joe duffy listener ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Just noticed something when i was out just there, when you have the heavy snow on the roads it kills that background hum you get from all the traffic driving on the roads & makes it all the more tranquil, its been a long time since i did acid in the snow & oh how i would love to have one now:)

Reduction in bond-holder debt - it might be the start of a general trend http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1221/anglo-business.html

ianuss wrote: »
    Reduction in bond-holder debt - it might be the start of a general trend http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1221/anglo-business.html

I dont like to be pessimistic but i dont envisage the senior bond holders,

ai-bondholders.gif

Will be as penalised anywhere near 80%, if the same criteria was applied to them then sure my entire arguments & points around defaulting on their debt would be vindicated & that would mean the end of the world as we know it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I dont like to be pessimistic but i dont envisage the senior bond holders,

Will be as penalised anywhere near 80%, if the same criteria was applied to them then sure my entire arguments & points around defaulting on their debt would be vindicated & that would mean the end of the world as we know it:rolleyes:

It was negotiated, nobody was penalised. Senior bond-holders will most likely realise significant losses too.

It was negotiated, nobody was penalised. Senior bond-holders will most likely realise significant losses too.

Apologies, wrong choice of words, i wonder what significant losses will be negotiated if & when they are, do you think it will be up to 80%?

Apologies, wrong choice of words, i wonder what significant losses will be negotiated if & when they are, do you think it will be up to 80%?

Dunno man, I couldn't give any sort of intelligent guess. But it could be quite substantial. They've set the bar fairly high with the junior bond-holders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why didn't they just say "40%"?

Because that would be lying, and lying makes Jesus cry.

Why would they be lying?

Why would they be lying?

Because the figure is only 38%, but to make the article more striking the authors used the '4 in 10 Americans' line......

Because the figure is only 38%, but to make the article more striking the authors used the '4 in 10 Americans' line......
    Ah I thought my incredible grasp of maths was being questioned. But it would seem that it's only my less than basic reading skills that have been challenged.

Ah I thought my incredible grasp of maths was being questioned. But it would seem that it's only my less than basic reading skills that have been challenged.

Ha, I feel lika a right dick now, it's me with the early morning reading difficulty :o. 40% is the figure for creationists, 38% is the figure for watered down creationists. But I'd still say the '4 out of 10 Americans' is to make the stat more comprehensible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

Jesus and MO

2010-12-21.png

My blog just got listed on Elbo.ws.

Hipster points +1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I can't abide period dramas.

joker77 wrote: »
    I can't abide period dramas.

Yeah PMS is a bitch