Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

My blog just got listed on Elbo.ws.

Hipster points +1.
    tumblr_l1a4dqFu321qzzhzdo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1293322176&Signature=KoLYJDKlHjsBgYaoEMVtCwq73wA%3D

nah....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Bought a load of music at like 6am last night in a drunken blur last night, listening back to it now I'm pretty happy with my purchases. This was included:

Ribn - Blossom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Ay up lads, hope everyone had a super swell holiday. Hopefully the snow didn't prevent santa visiting everyone.

Anyways, mixed bag this year for me present wise. One of the better presents being Juno vouchers. The worst present, by some distance, was a portable cd player. Had I received it in 2000 I would have been stoked. It's too old to be useful, and too new to have any sort of retro/cool factor.

What's everyone elses best and worst present this year?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Couldn't say really that I got a 'worst' present as such, was pretty happy with everything but I'm pretty easily pleased when it comes to getting presents!

Some of the highlights were a book on psychology, the latest album from Röyksopp (Senior - wouldn't have bought this but really liking it), pyjamas and socks... oh and youtube now allowing me upload tracks without time limits really made my day today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Christmas has been good! Back to work tomorrow though so looking forward to the upcoming extended weekend. As for pressies, the best would be a new custom fitted 3 wood or a mini camcorder for attaching to my mountain bike helmet or snowboard helmet. Have to laugh at the Cd player ian, I didn't even think they sold those any more!

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    Christmas has been good! Back to work tomorrow though so looking forward to the upcoming extended weekend. As for pressies, the best would be a new custom fitted 3 wood or a mini camcorder for attaching to my mountain bike helmet or snowboard helmet. Have to laugh at the Cd player ian, I didn't even think they sold those any more!

My 3 wood, along with my 2 iron are basically just decorations for my golf bag - I can't remember the last time I've used either of them.

Some of the highlights were a book on psychology, the latest album from Röyksopp (Senior - wouldn't have bought this but really liking it)

I loved their first album - but found the following few releases to be boring. Are they back on form?

ianuss wrote: »
    I loved their first album - but found the following few releases to be boring. Are they back on form?

The last album I bought was the one from 2005 - 'The Understanding' - think I listened to it twice before it was stuck on the shelf where CDs go when they are rarely listened to! - In fairness I dug that back out just today and there are some good moments.

I'm really liking this new album though, feels quite different to older work and in general less commercial sounding throughout. Only listened to it 2 or 3 times now in a noisy kitchen, need to give it a good focused listen soon. This is a nice example from the album...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

ianuss wrote: »
    My 3 wood, along with my 2 iron are basically just decorations for my golf bag - I can't remember the last time I've used either of them.

Same could be said of all my clubs. And the bag for that matter! I've gone from playing once or twice a week all year round (regularly spending an hour on the phone of a winter's morning ringing around looking for a course that is open) to playing just once this year. Shift work has gone from being a golfer's dream to being a golfing parent's nightmare :(

Present wise, no toe-covers this year. Was in BTs earlier, where the missus bought me a coffee machine as my chrimbo present :D One of the Lavazza pod ones. I know the purists will frown but past experience has taught me that what ultimately confines a coffee maker to the bin in our house is the drudgery of cleaning the fecker after making a cup or two. This one might just last. Pod goes in, coffee comes out, press a button to clean it, give it a wipe, and it's done. Simples. Works out at about 30c a cup which seems reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭francois

Couldn't say really that I got a 'worst' present as such, was pretty happy with everything but I'm pretty easily pleased when it comes to getting presents!

I always find it a bit disturbing that the mother-in-law buys XL underpants for me

• Advertisement

francois wrote: »
    I always find it a bit disturbing that the mother-in-law buys XL underpants for me

True, could always use for cleaning vinyl :pac: The frequent mother-in-law gift to me a few years back was a Lynx gift-set... must have got that about 4 years in a row, thankfully in more recent times I've been upgraded to HMV vouchers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

milltown wrote: »
    Was in BTs earlier, where the missus bought me a coffee machine as my chrimbo present :D One of the Lavazza pod ones. I know the purists will frown but past experience has taught me that what ultimately confines a coffee maker to the bin in our house is the drudgery of cleaning the fecker after making a cup or two. This one might just last. Pod goes in, coffee comes out, press a button to clean it, give it a wipe, and it's done. Simples. Works out at about 30c a cup which seems reasonable to me.

I've a Nespresso one, same deal with the capsules. Excellent coffee for roughly the same price as your one. Have a jug that goes with that heats/froths the milk for capuccino or lattes. Deadly it is, I must say, I love it.

SteoL wrote: »
    I've a Nespresso one, same deal with the capsules. Excellent coffee for roughly the same price as your one. Have a jug that goes with that heats/froths the milk for capuccino or lattes. Deadly it is, I must say, I love it.

Yeah I've a Nespresso too, love it - can't beat the 10 strength capsules!

Yeah I've a Nespresso too, love it - can't beat the 10 strength capsules!

Yeah love the ristrettos or the other new one from India. Can't beat first thing in the morning or straight after a meal.

Love the lungos meself tho strongest is a 6 I think.

Yeah love the ristrettos or the other new one from India. Can't beat first thing in the morning or straight after a meal.

Love the lungos meself tho strongest is a 6 I think.

Yeah the Indian one is Indriya I think, very nice... think Arpeggio is the other I buy. I haven't actually bought any Lungos yet.

Yeah the Indian one is Indriya I think, very nice... think Arpeggio is the other I buy. I haven't actually bought any Lungos yet.

This is the nicest of the Lungos and makes a perfect Latte.

http://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/product/fortissio_lungo

This is the nicest of the Lungos and makes a perfect Latte.

http://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/product/fortissio_lungo

Cheers, must give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Santa brought me my Matcha tea as requested, very happy with that.

It wasn't what I was expecting - I thought it would be in leaf format but it's basically a powder yea? The instructions say to whisk it into 80 degree water. I'm using just under half a teaspoon per mug - that sound about right? It's still very deep green in colour - another thing I wasn't expecting, keep thinking I'm using too much.

Got a few books as well (as usual) - nearly finished John Giles's autobiography, good but you'd appreciate it a lot more if you knew the players of his era better. Next is one called 'The Slap', which sounds interesting - the tag line is 'One day at a barbeque a man slaps a child that is not his own'

joker77 wrote: »
    Santa brought me my Matcha tea as requested, very happy with that.

It wasn't what I was expecting - I thought it would be in leaf format but it's basically a powder yea? The instructions say to whisk it into 80 degree water. I'm using just under half a teaspoon per mug - that sound about right? It's still very deep green in colour - another thing I wasn't expecting, keep thinking I'm using too much.

Yeah it remains a deep green colour alright, I use just over half a teaspoon... make sure to whisk it enough that you get a froth on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭francois

Yeah it remains a deep green colour alright, I use just over half a teaspoon... make sure to whisk it enough that you get a froth on top.

Pfft, tea..Tea for godness sake. Any self respecting techno bod lives purely on ristretto

• Advertisement

francois wrote: »
    Pfft, tea..Tea for godness sake. Any self respecting techno bod lives purely on ristretto

Nah man you wanna get with the times ffs - Matcha tea = slow release caffeine, slow release over 6 hours - fvck that one hour fix from coffee, this is much heavier sh1t. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

The man in red bought to me the home cinema system my TV has been crying out for. Nothing too top of the range but it will do the job nicely, excellent sub which is the most important thing. Asides from that clothes, Family Guy season 9 (excellent choice brother), COD Black Ops, and Sonic the Hedgehog pyjama bottoms complete the list, the latter being the coolest and therefore rendering Christmas worthwhile this year.

Sony v700s or Allen & Heath 53s?

(I don't like on ear cans, so looking for something other than the HD25s)

Forward/Slash tomorrow night is gonna be all deep house, dub techno and techno, if anyone's looking for somewhere to go. Free in as always.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69777873#post69777873

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Legendary Chicago house DJ and producer, Paul Johnson, was seriously injured in a car accident last week. According to his Facebook page, he broke his spine and hip and will be undergoing surgery this coming Tuesday to amputate his right leg. Johnson is known to the international crowd as the man behind the 1999 classic "Get Get Down"

Sh1t one. Poor chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Sh1t one. Poor chap.
    he was already in a wheelchair wasnt he before this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

seannash wrote: »

Was just about to ask the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

seannash wrote: »

Paul is unable to walk and DJs in a wheelchair due to an accident (being shot in the shoulder in 1987).

Learn something new every day.:p

Some people have all the luck eh.

• Advertisement

The lead singer from Boney M died today too.

Advertisement