Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Pity he never sang a note on any Boney M record.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Pity he never sang a note on any Boney M record.
    Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

Ooooh ya little b1tch!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I mentioned before my liking for some of Boney M's tracks - especially this, a real guilty pleasure...

Boney M - Rasputin

RIP, even if he was just a dancer!

That Rasputin song is quite apt considering he died in a Russian hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Happy new year folks and all the best for 2011. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Camp as hell but man could he bust a few moves :D

Happy new year all!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

Big loss! the guy was a ledge! he sang all the live stuff!

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Happy new year folks and all the best for 2011. :)

Happy New Year Jonny, happy new year all...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Totally inane, irrelevant and utterly pointless 1,001st post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Last night off before back to work Tuesday morning. Tomorrow doesn't count as it's in effect a school night. Have had a lingering sore throat for weeks, and a general feeling of unhealthiness. After tonight that's it for me and drink for a few weeks. Well, by drink I mean sessions. January is going to be a long hard slog of trying to eat right, and getting back training.

Other than that not much to report - how's everyone doing with the water shortages? My gaff here is grand (although I'm beside the mental hospital and if you're anywhere near a hospital you're usually alright), the folks are cut off from 6pm till 10am at the moment though.

• Advertisement

joker77 wrote: »
    Last night off before back to work Tuesday morning. Tomorrow doesn't count as it's in effect a school night. Have had a lingering sore throat for weeks, and a general feeling of unhealthiness. After tonight that's it for me and drink for a few weeks. Well, by drink I mean sessions. January is going to be a long hard slog of trying to eat right, and getting back training.

Other than that not much to report - how's everyone doing with the water shortages? My gaff here is grand (although I'm beside the mental hospital and if you're anywhere near a hospital you're usually alright), the folks are cut off from 6pm till 10am at the moment though.

I'm back on Thursday officially but have to do a couple of hours on Tuesday... planning to down a bottle of wine tonight and a few beers, kinda feels like one of the last nights where I can.

I feel pretty sh1tty, did feck all in the way of exercise over Christmas, ate and drank loads of sh1te basically and really noticing the lack of energy and general sense of fitness levels dropped big time... the weather didn't help during December either, I do a martial art which I didn't make once during December, back though this week so looking forward to being battered. Also back to my regular exercise training sessions in the morning come Wednesday, actually looking forward now to eating well etc again, enough is enough!!! :pac:

As for water, ours was gone till 2pm on New Years eve - when it came back the bloody cold feed upstairs wasn't working so I had to run a garden hose from downstairs to upstairs and force the air lock out... it was a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm in the same boat on the training thing. I've been eating all sorts of junk for the past 2 -3 weeks and haven't managed any exercise at all. Back in the gym on Wednesday morning though and I'm also giving up the booze for a while. Kind of looking forward to some routine again. No water shortages here thankfully.

It was time for a thread name change...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Anyone else back in work after the Christmas break, and absolutely just cannot be arsed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Zascar wrote: »
    Anyone else back in work after the Christmas break, and absolutely just cannot be arsed?

Yeah, it's extremely hard to get back into the swing of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Nope, not back 'til tomorrow, thank god! Kids are with the minder so I've the day to myself, which actually sounds a lot better than it is. There's a whole christmas worth of stuff to be put away/hung up/thrown out/assembled/disassembled etc. etc. etc.....

I'm determined to blow the dust off my gear and see if I can remember how to mix though. Definitely an hour or two set aside this afternoon for that.

By tomorrow I'll be all set for a nice relaxing day in work!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm watching this hour long Web 2.0 Summit talk with Mark Zuckerberg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czw-dtTP6oU
    hmmmmm

Yeah back today after about 2 hours sleep last night, or at least that's all the sleep I think I got, I was afraid to look at the clock. I love Christmas, and I love the time off work, but the break in routine always kills me.

I'm just getting the bare minimum done today. It's days like this here I wish I had my own office where I could just doss for the whole day without being disturbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I watched the movie the social network over the weekend. Really enjoyed it I must say. Hard to really dislike the guy I thought. Yes, he fúcked over a few people but he really wasn't driven by money so didn't seem to mind writing them cheques when they got their paydays in court. I was left wondering though, if it wasn't for the money, what his motivation was for freezing out the CFO guy?

Must take a look at the book the movie was based on and get a less Hollywood perspective. Anyone read it? The accidental billionaires.

Yep. I'd been getting up at 1pm the last few days - knew it was going to be tough this morning, so I actually came into work last night around 8pm - brought in the laptop from home, and turned that and the work desktop on - cleared up the backlog of emails, actually cleaned my desk, sorted out my gym gear, etc - so that I could come in this morning with very little sleep and just zone out for a while.

I think I got about 4 / 4.5 hour sleep last night, so not too bad. Cycled in this morning and will be hitting the gym at lunchtime - the annual January slog begins. It'll be a quiet month... no alcohol, trying to start eating healthy again, building back up the cycling and gym....

• Advertisement

That is scarily proactive and organised of you Neal! Technically I did not take any holidays over the xmas period, I was 'working from home' between xmas and nye - got a bit done then. The pre xmas week I was at home due to snow. Hard getting up cause I've been sleeping in till 11 and 12 most days. In a bit of a zone today. I know Jan is going to be crazy busy though....

So did anyone make any New Years Resolutions?

Don't think I could face the gym or going for a run today. Definitely start back tomorrow though. December was a write off for both due to the weather. I don't mind starting back as I always feel better for it. It's just the initial push that's the hard bit.

Someone mentioned earlier about the water shortages. Wasn't really affected. The water pressure dropped in the evening but you could still fill a kettle if needs be and there was enough water in the tank to get through the evening.

A couple of friends ended up with flooded kitchens. One was up in Dublin for most of the Christmas and headed back home on NYE and was faced with a burst pipe and a downstairs swimming pool. Another had a flooded kitchen due to his next door neighbours' house flooding because nobody was in it over the Christmas. The guy on the other side of the empty house had to deal with the neighbours house the other side of him going on fire during the summer. Plague of Locust is next!

Not to debate the merits of 'niche' music with 'commercial' DJs…

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Don't think I could face the gym or going for a run today. Definitely start back tomorrow though. December was a write off for both due to the weather. I don't mind starting back as I always feel better for it. It's just the initial push that's the hard bit.

Someone mentioned earlier about the water shortages. Wasn't really affected. The water pressure dropped in the evening but you could still fill a kettle if needs be and there was enough water in the tank to get through the evening.

A couple of friends ended up with flooded kitchens. One was up in Dublin for most of the Christmas and headed back home on NYE and was faced with a burst pipe and a downstairs swimming pool. Another had a flooded kitchen due to his next door neighbours' house flooding because nobody was in it over the Christmas. The guy on the other side of the empty house had to deal with the neighbours house the other side of him going on fire during the summer. Plague of Locust is next!

We live in an estate on the top of a hill so we had no water going into the tank due to problems with water pressure from leaking pipes for about 5 days with sparodic cold water coming into the house through the day (constantly turned on and off by the council so you never knew when it was going to be on or off) and turned off from around 7 at night until 9.30 the next morning. At the beginning it was like 'This must be what it was like back in the 1930's. How wonderfully exotic!' By the end it was just a major pain in the hole. The novelty of having to fill the cistern every time you took a poo soon wore off and the sweetest sound I heard over the Christmas was hearing the cistern refill by itself after the water pressure came back. We were lucky enough though, some people in the estate were without water for two weeks.

That is scarily proactive and organised of you Neal! Technically I did not take any holidays over the xmas period, I was 'working from home' between xmas and nye - got a bit done then. The pre xmas week I was at home due to snow. Hard getting up cause I've been sleeping in till 11 and 12 most days. In a bit of a zone today. I know Jan is going to be crazy busy though....

ha ha - nah it's not that organised - I just had a bit of the Fear last night after a few pints the night before and the anticipation of back to work, wanted to get a head start on the pile of emails. There actually wasn't too many. I did wanted to just set my desk up - I knew this morning was going to be very tough after a sleepless night.

Heading off to the gym now after a 6 week break. Will take it nice and handy. My aim for January is gym 3 lunchtimes a week, cycle to/from work 3/4 times a week, and get out for a long spin on the bike 1/2 times a week. All do-able, it's just the start that's the hard part - once you're in the routine it's grand.

I'm not back till Thursday but will have to dip into some work today and tomorrow - I'm looking forward now to getting back into a routine of health etc and stopping my late nights, it's been at best 2am almost every night with a bottle or two of wine and then generally up by about 8.30am as I rarely sleep past that anyway, 5-6 hours is normally ok for me.

I enjoyed Christmas though, especially with the kids - its kinda like being a kid again with the magic of Santa etc...

New Year's resolution is to get back to a serious daily discipline of exercise, reading and life objectives - I said I'd do it last year and never got around to it, that being to plan some things I really want to do this year that are achievable... i.e. go camping, climb a mountain, archery, shooting, visit Japan (thats probably not achievable this year!) - set dates that I want to do various things and make sure I do them... I was sure last year that I would and didn't so I really bloody have to this year! That said I did go snowboarding last year which I'd wanted to do for a long time.

...balls, the postman just dropped a few bills through the letterbox but no music that I ordered early last week, was looking forward to their arrival :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Not back in work until the end of this month. :)

I love my job.

Sitting here ordering stuff from Chemical and listening to

http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/podcast/lwe-podcast-70-elgato/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Yeah back today, had a nice break but could not sleep last night for some reason - looking at the clock every 20 minutes..
    The talk in work now is everybody is bracing themselves when they open there pay check next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Was in last Monday and Tuesday unfortunately :mad: Took Wed and Fri off

Everyone back today so place isn't as bad as last week. Same problem as others, couldn't sleep a wink. This my busiest month of the year and I always dread it. Got up at 6 and sat watching euronews then Ireland AM :rolleyes: for an hour before getting up off my arse and heading in. That partial eclipse and resulting darkness certainly didn't help the depressing feel of today. I hate love my job with a passion.

Advertisement