Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

ianuss wrote: »
    I think I remember reading before that sleeping under the influence of drink and/or drugs isn't proper sleep. The brain doesn't function as it would during normal sleep and your batteries don't recharge like they should. Or something. I can't quite remember but it's something along those lines.

This Sounds like your batteries havnt recharged yet ianuss;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

This Sounds like your batteries havnt recharged yet ianuss;)

Na man, it's that I know fcuk all about lots of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Rule #1. Steal my tunes that I've spent hours searching for and I'll ****ing deck you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Rule #1. Steal my tunes that I've spent hours searching for and I'll ****ing deck you.

:confused: What?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

COME COME MY LADY COME COME MY LADY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

4 cans, load of spliff. Went bed at 7.30, slept for 2 poxy hours. :mad: Think got another 2 or 3 bit later on. Better than nothing I suppose. Doubt I'll stay in new place for long if this continues. The joys of renting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

SteoL wrote: »
    4 cans, load of spliff. Went bed at 7.30, slept for 2 poxy hours. :mad: Think got another 2 or 3 bit later on. Better than nothing I suppose. Doubt I'll stay in new place for long if this continues. The joys of renting.

Definitely think you should lay off the beer and spliff if your having problems sleeping. As has been said before any shut eye you get while under the influence of them isn't going to be proper recuperative sleep.

Definitely think you should lay off the beer and spliff if your having problems sleeping. As has been said before any shut eye you get while under the influence of them isn't going to be proper recuperative sleep.

Staying off the spliff not an option. Hooked on the stuff since I'm 16 and an every day smoker for well over 17 years now. Can't sit still without. Sad I know but how it is and feck it at least it's not heroin.

You're probably right about the beer though - I don't want to be drinking every night to induce sleep, no that's not how I want this to play out. I suspect a number of factors at play - the new gaf, the christmas binge being over and the disuse of meds I'd been on for maybe too long. Like I said after 4 nights of no sleep the beer seemed the only option to me yesterday even if it not the best of sleep it's better than none at all.

I know a lot of people who have a smoke for insomnia and seems to help them whereas last couple of days it seems to have had opposite effect on me. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

what sleeping drugs were you on if you don't mind me asking?
    Sounds like fairly straightforward withdrawal symptoms from discontinuation.

• Advertisement

It's been mentioned before, but exercise and a good diet are great ways of regulating the human body. If you don't exercise, you really should make an effort to. After a few weeks you'll start to feel fresher, more alert and in general, better.

Staying off the spliff not an option. Hooked on the stuff since I'm 16 and an every day smoker for well over 17 years now. Can't sit still without. Sad I know but how it is and feck it at least it's not heroin.

You're probably right about the beer though - I don't want to be drinking every night to induce sleep, no that's not how I want this to play out. I suspect a number of factors at play - the new gaf, the christmas binge being over and the disuse of meds I'd been on for maybe too long. Like I said after 4 nights of no sleep the beer seemed the only option to me yesterday even if it not the best of sleep it's better than none at all.

I know a lot of people who have a smoke for insomnia and seems to help them whereas last couple of days it seems to have had opposite effect on me. Strange.

Tbh, if you're in the horrors from lack of sleep I'd definitely think you should stop the spliff. There's many long term smokers I know whose sleep patterns and general state of mind improved vastly after knocking the weed on the head for a bit. I don't really want to get into a debate about cannabis because it might work for some but it can have an incrementally negative effect on a lot of people.

Do you smoke cigarettes as well? Because if you don't it could be nicotine withdrawal that could be giving you jitters if you don't smoke for a day.

jtsuited wrote: »
    what sleeping drugs were you on if you don't mind me asking?
    Sounds like fairly straightforward withdrawal symptoms from discontinuation.

Stilnoct which I've just googled and it's zolpidem. Used to treat insomnia the irony being my sleep pattern worse now than ever.
    ianuss wrote: »
    It's been mentioned before, but exercise and a good diet are great ways of regulating the human body. If you don't exercise, you really should make an effort to. After a few weeks you'll start to feel fresher, more alert and in general, better.

I know man and I'm really poor in both regards - can't even run for a bus without coughing up a lung. Should probably make some resolutions for this year. Though when I did go to a gym years ago I had similar problems with sleeping - put that down to adrenaline. jt is probably right and it's just withdrawals. Hope it's short term either way.

Sorry guys didn't mean to derail the thread.

Do you smoke cigarettes as well? Because if you don't it could be nicotine withdrawal that could be giving you jitters if you don't smoke for a day.

I do and have been smoking so much more over the last few days because I'm up all night watching shi*e on the telly. Cheers for the tips.

Sure there's only so much cottonheaded nunnymuginsness you can discuss,

I know man and I'm really poor in both regards - can't even run for a bus without coughing up a lung. Should probably make some resolutions for this year. Though when I did go to a gym years ago I had similar problems with sleeping - put that down to adrenaline. jt is probably right and it's just withdrawals. Hope it's short term either way.

You didn't derail anything man. It's the Cottonheaded Ninnymuggins thread. If you hadn't brought this they would have been forced into reading more posts on shíte horror movies or listening to the mix Frankie put up…

Though when I did go to a gym years ago I had similar problems with sleeping - put that down to adrenaline.

A good warm-down routine should help with that. But it is a killer. I had soccer training till 10.30pm on Thursdays last year and some nights I was just laying in bed wide awake till 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You can't derail a thread whose very essence is randomness!

I actually got to sleep last night. Real deep sleep, out for the count in minutes, but unfortunately not enough because I went to bed late because I wanted to make sure I was tired. So still a bit wrecked today.

Went for a run and had a decent meal.

Think the lads are right about the smoke and drink Steo, but I'm sure you know that. At least cut back on the drink.
    But more than likely it's just withdrawal from the meds. Trying going for a long walk if you're not into exercise.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm so so lucky I do not have any problems sleeping, its a horrible thing to deal with. Definitely though, lay off any drugs/alcohol of any sort. I watched a bbc documentry about sleep, was really interesting, I'll see if I can track down the name. Oh and this is worth buying if its really a problem for you...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Can-Make-You-Sleep/dp/0593055381

Zascar wrote: »

Wasn't he arrested on date rape charges shortly after releasing this book?

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm so so lucky I do not have any problems sleeping, its a horrible thing to deal with. Definitely though, lay off any drugs/alcohol of any sort. I watched a bbc documentry about sleep, was really interesting, I'll see if I can track down the name. Oh and this is worth buying if its really a problem for you...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Can-Make-You-Sleep/dp/0593055381

Cheers man, might actually buy that when paid next week if it's still an issue. Hopefully will have sorted it by then.

When I do sleep nothing can wake me, very deep sleeper I am. Will try cut down on the smoke, drink not so much a problem as don't do it every day.

Paul Mc Kenna's a quack-millionaire, and seems like a right cúnt. Don't waste your time or money on that pseudoscientific nonsense.

Zolpidem's a nonbenzo-hypnotic but seems to have identical dependency and tolerance characteristics as benzos (in primates but not rodents).
    I would be willing my non-qualified left nut on the fact you are suffering from rebound insomnia, similar to benzo withdrawal.
    I've been strung out on benzo's before and suffered unreal insomnia (amongst other things).
    Exercise, diet, and aromatherapy etc. might indeed help, but this sounds like a fairly standard withdrawal symptom which will most likely not get better without seeing your doctor.
    Did you taper off the zolpidem? If you didn't (or didn't properly taper), then it's almost certain you're just in withdrawal.
    Which is both a good thing, and a bad thing. Good thing because it's fixable, but bad thing because benzo (or benzo related) withdrawal is friggin horrible and scary as fcuk.

oh and btw, this is where Paul McKenna got his qualification......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaSalle_University_(Louisiana)

Did you taper off the zolpidem? If you didn't (or didn't properly taper), then it's almost certain you're just in withdrawal.
    Which is both a good thing, and a bad thing. Good thing because it's fixable, but bad thing because benzo (or benzo related) withdrawal is friggin horrible and scary as fcuk.

By taper do you mean reduce the dosage? No just stopped. So that could def be it. For the past day my ears feel blocked - as if I've been in a swimming pool or on a plane. Weird feeling, seemed to go last night but once I got into work this morning it was back. And I am very tense sitting here. Pains etc today. Been looking into Benzo withdrawal and it can last for months! Hate the thoughts of that.

By taper do you mean reduce the dosage? No just stopped. So that could def be it.

Answer in bold.
    I presume you were prescribed them by a doctor yeah?
    See if you can get any more and go see your doctor and you'll be fine.

edit: yeah taper means to reduce the dosage gradually so that when you stop, your brain doesn't go completely wonky.

Answer in bold.
    I presume you were prescribed them by a doctor yeah?
    See if you can get any more and go see your doctor and you'll be fine.

Ah yeah was prescribed them by my dr. Probably a good thing to be off them though. Will give it a day or 2 and if doesn't improve will head back the doc. Cheers.

well with drugs like these, they're only really a problem if you develop a tolerance for them. that's something most people don't know about addictive drugs.

Sure if you need them to sleep and you're not developing a tolerance, the harm they're doing you is infinitely minimal compared to the potential damage to your health you do by not sleeping for four days.

And don't listen to anyone who tells you to chew some valerian root/eat some ginger/buy some crystals.

And don't listen to anyone who tells you to chew some valerian root/eat some ginger/buy some crystals.

Yeah right, next you'll be using that 'logic' of yours to tell me that the Pink Calcite crystal I insert in my anal sphincter every night to relieve tension and prevent nightmares is clap trap. Thank God I have my angel floating near me to keep me strong and keep my chakras aligned.

Sometimes it's hard for me to have such an open mind…

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Thank God I have my angel floating near me to keep me strong and keep my chakras aligned.
    Aw don't get me started on that Angel clap trap! :mad:

• Advertisement

I could go on all day about bullsh1t. And by bullsh1t I mean any (or many) of the following:
    Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Neurolinguistic Programming, Reiki, Homeopathy, Energies, Crystals, herbal remedies, religion, indian head massage, palm reading, etc.

You might think it's unfair to group all of those together but they are fundamentally linked by their lack of scientific method and their appeal to fairly smart people who are exceptionally gullible.

Advertisement