Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Aw don't get me started on that Angel clap trap! :mad:

You've got such a clouded aura Baz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Sometimes it's hard for me to have such an open mind…

without letting your brain fall out.

jtsuited wrote: »
    I could go on all day about bullsh1t. And by bullsh1t I mean any (or many) of the following:
    Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Neurolinguistic Programming, Reiki, Homeopathy, Energies, Crystals, herbal remedies, religion, indian head massage, palm reading, etc.

You might think it's unfair to group all of those together but they are fundamentally linked by their lack of scientific method and their appeal to fairly smart people who are exceptionally gullible.

Surprised you're throwing NLP in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Your angel is beside you Baz, reaching out to support and love you but you've turned your heart away from love. His name is Andre and he's an Australian angel. They are the best kind…

ianuss wrote: »
    You've got such a clouded aura Baz.

It's like Blackpool on an autumn day. I'm doing a healing spell as we speak…

• Advertisement

ianuss wrote: »
    Surprised you're throwing NLP in there.

Probably the worst one of all imo, because it tries to sound all science-y. I remember reading some Anthony Robbins book years ago and about half way through realising that the whole thing was a joke.

I have my own version of NLP, called 'common sense' (patent pending!)....if you reckon you can do something, you probably can. If you reckon you can't, you might be right but giving it a go is probably a good idea even if you fail because you'll realise you've underestimated yourself.
    It's all in my self-help book due out next year - send a paypal donation of ten euro to preorder your signed copy now.

It's all in my self-help book due out next year - send a paypal donation of ten euro to preorder your signed copy now.

Are you going to call it 'How to not be a stupid cúnt'?

Sort of scared at how accurate Android's parodies are of the crystal/angel game. I'm gonna guess someone close to you is a practicioner?

Probably the worst one of all imo, because it tries to sound all science-y. I remember reading some Anthony Robbins book years ago and about half way through realising that the whole thing was a joke.

I have my own version of NLP, called 'common sense' (patent pending!)....if you reckon you can do something, you probably can. If you reckon you can't, you might be right but giving it a go is probably a good idea even if you fail because you'll realise you've underestimated yourself.

Giant knobhead.

Re the NLP, I was just trying to say that it existed, and in certain circumstances it could prove useful. I wasn't trying to say it might heal any ailments or anything. I was thinking more about how it can be used at a poker table. Small potatoes kinda stuff, not a cure for cancer or anything.

• Advertisement

Are you going to call it 'How to not be a stupid cúnt'?

I am now.
    It involves a lot of revolutionary concepts developed from Newtonian physics. Things like 'cause and effect' (again patent pending).
    For example, I've been training hard recently in the pool and believe it or not I'm starting to look like a swimmer.
    I've limited myself to a certain amount of caffeine a day and I'm able to sleep better...
    But this is just a taster, wait until you read my chapter on goal setting. Between you and me, I discovered a massive secret the world doesn't want you to know - if you set your goals as being quantifiable and specific, you're far far far more likely to achieve them. Who'd have thunk it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

That Angel stuff really is a bit whacky. I think that some part of the childs brain remains in adults who want to believe that kind of stuff.

I picked up a few books yesterday - a couple on recommendations from here - Bad Science, and Risk - looking forward to them. They didn't have either of the Dawkins books I was looking for, will leave them till next time. I'm back in a reading cycle, hopefully it lasts for a while, have a dozen or so books unread and sitting on the shelf.

joker77 wrote: »
    I picked up a few books yesterday - a couple on recommendations from here - Bad Science, and Risk - looking forward to them. .

Bad Science will have you laughing your ass off, but clenching your fists in anger.

But this is just a taster, wait until you read my chapter on goal setting. Between you and me, I discovered a massive secret the world doesn't want you to know - if you set your goals as being quantifiable and specific, you're far far far more likely to achieve them. Who'd have thunk it?

Ah bullsh1t, if you're going to dream, dream big. And if you're going to fail, do it spectacularly.

Bad Science will have you laughing your ass off, but clenching your fists in anger.
    Yea I think I'll get stuck into it next. Just finishing some fiction at the moment, The Slap, meh

Other than those I've a few more books on boxing and cycling. Two of the most beautiful of sports, pity they're also two of the most corrupt.

Neal, this'll get you warmed up for Bad Science.

Sort of scared at how accurate Android's parodies are of the crystal/angel game. I'm gonna guess someone close to you is a practicioner?

Nah, would have known a couple of people who were into that type of crystal nonsense in my twenties - Goa trance heads. It is way too easy to take the piss out of. But that angels thing really pisses me off as well. So conniving and manipulative.

Ah ok, one of the things that really really winds me up is when the quacks mention quantum physics. As if they have the foggiest notion what they're talking about.

All the facepalms in the world wouldn't suffice for this gem......

Ah ok, one of the things that really really winds me up is when the quacks mention quantum physics. As if they have the foggiest notion what they're talking about.

That's because they know that their target market don't know anything about quantum physics either but it gives it the air of respectability if science can be attached to what they're saying.

'The energy given off by the crystals are part of a quantum mechanical wave packet in a constant force field…'

That sentence makes no sense - I googled the last part randomly - but to someone willing to believe in crystals it gives an air of scientific validity to what they are reading…

• Advertisement

That's because they know that their target market don't know anything about quantum physics either but it gives it the air of respectability if science can be attached to what they're saying.

'The energy given off by the crystals are part of a quantum mechanical wave packet in a constant force field…'

That sentence makes no sense - I googled the last part randomly - but to someone willing to believe in crystals it gives an air of scientific validity to what they are reading…
    Force field? Quantum mechanical wave packet sounds a bit scientific alright, but force field? Riiiiiiiiight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Check this out Baz !

This guy was on RTE - Nationwide a while back.He can see Angles and talks with them:)

http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2010/1027/nationwide.html

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

If the whole crystal thing riles you up, you seriously don't want to look at the Spirituality forum here.

Apparently, those skilled in the art are hard at work channeling energy from the moon via the power of crystals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭francois

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Apparently, those skilled in the art are hard at work channeling energy from the moon via the power of crystals.

I'd love to see them channelling a bullet as it speeds towards the centre of their foreheads

If the whole crystal thing riles you up, you seriously don't want to look at the Spirituality forum here.

They're probably responsible for the recent cold snap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

francois wrote: »
    I'd love to see them channelling a bullet as it speeds towards the centre of their foreheads
    What do you think angels are for?

joker77 wrote: »
    Force field? Quantum mechanical wave packet sounds a bit scientific alright, but force field? Riiiiiiiiight

Google Search

Definitely one area I'd steer clear of. I'm pretty sure I'd just end up getting a permanent ban from boards...

• Advertisement

Just on 'constant force field' I got this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_field_%28chemistry%29
    and this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_field_%28physics%29

I'm assuming it's more the physics one they mean, seeing it's quantum mechanics and all...

Advertisement