Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Actually, speaking of the thread title. Where did it come from?

In the Copper Face Jacks thread, SeanNash called someone a tit or a fukwit or something. Knowing that he was going to get a spanking for it, he changed it - calling him a Cottonheaded Ninnymuggins

Pure genius Sean, it's had me randomly laughing to myself every time I think about it for days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Zascar wrote: »
    I thinks its a shame how Richard Dawkins, the apparent front man for the voice of reason, is actually fairly useless at trying to persuade the crazy fundamentalist Christians. I often think that of someone with a bit more natural ability to deal with people, reason with them, and appeal to them in a what that they might be able to understand, he might have a bit more success. Quoting scientific facts to these people is like them quoting bible versus to us - its not going to work.

Meh, it's really done because it's funny television.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

jtsuited wrote: »
    Meh, it's really done because it's funny television.
    Yea it kind of is isn't it, but he doesn't come across well any time I've seen it.

On another note, I've booked a trip for myself to London at the start of March. On my tobler, off to see a mate who lives there. In other words, on the lash. One of the last few such weekends before parenthood begins.

So lads - what's top of your list of things to do in London. I'm there Friday evening till Monday evening. Saturday night is club night, other than that any suggestions?
    Won't know what's on where clubwise till nearer the time, but my mate lives near enough to Fabric, so more than likely that's where we'll be going.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Go to Fabric

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Go to Fabric
    That simple eh? ha

I'll point out I've only been to London twice, first time I saw a few sites, but I'm not one for hanging round museums.

Best record shop?

Good clubs?

I suppose seeing my mate lives there he'll have enough pubs / restaurants etc

There is a new Hed Kandi club over there, in Clapham. You'd love it. I think I read on Jeff's facebook that he was there on the opening night - he said it was THE BOMB!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I thinks its a shame how Richard Dawkins, the apparent front man for the voice of reason, is actually fairly useless at trying to persuade the crazy fundamentalist Christians. I often think that of someone with a bit more natural ability to deal with people, reason with them, and appeal to them in a what that they might be able to understand, he might have a bit more success. Quoting scientific facts to these people is like them quoting bible versus to us - its not going to work.

Facts, reason and statistics dont register with religious people. You've to remind yourself, particularly in reference to the American religious right, that these people are populists in every possible manner - just look at the tea party. If reason prevailed in US society, it would be more akin to Canada.

In modern history, we can see that the most successful nations [in terms of economic wellbeing, social advances, quality of life, individual freedom] are the most athiestic societies. Furthermore, they're the most progressive, and - im making a big claim here - less racist / immersed in hatred that religious societies. In this regard, America is an anamoly: We see it as an economic giant, yet in societal terms - its akin to a third world country. Perhaps you could say its a 3rd world country with a 1st world economy. Where else do you see the working class / lower middle class out taking part in mass rallies defending the privileges of the elite - reference to the Tea Party. I feel that this kind of anti-government sentiment - being so unreasonable in nature - is a result of the religious grip on US civil society. In any of the youtube videos interviewing tea party 'activists', you'll see the constant theme of god and america recurring. No doubt there's thousands of anti-Obama campaigners who feel compelled to act in the name of God.

It's amazing how far ahead Europe -and indeed Canada - is of the US.

map_jesusland_liberty.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

joker77 wrote: »
    That simple eh? ha

I'll point out I've only been to London twice, first time I saw a few sites, but I'm not one for hanging round museums.

Best record shop?

Good clubs?

I suppose seeing my mate lives there he'll have enough pubs / restaurants etc

Do not leave London without going to Phonica Records... I'm over there the week after next and looking forward to a browse there again.

Sister Ray worth a visit if you've time but Phonica is absolute priority. Both are in Soho.

There is a new Hed Kandi club over there, in Clapham. You'd love it. I think I read on Jeff's facebook that he was there on the opening night - he said it was THE BOMB!!!

Yup that was me.....It was so good that I'm off to hairdressing school.

• Advertisement

speaking of bullsh1t. This is probably the funniest bullsh1t I've ever seen.

http://www.powerbalance.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

speaking of bullsh1t. This is probably the funniest bullsh1t I've ever seen.

http://www.powerbalance.com/

No, it works. Ian Poulter won all his singles matches in the Ryder Cup because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Joking aside, this is just an absolute con job. "We believe people of all ages and walks of life should have access to our wearable performance technologies that maximize individual performance and help each of us enjoy life to its fullest."

WTF? Honestly, what are they trying to say it is?

Fair enough they give half the retail price to charity, but even still. It's just robbery. And I'd say there's some serious money behind it too. The website is pretty slick and the list of sports stars they affiliated with is ridiculous.

I'd say there's a good chance colly owns one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

ianuss wrote: »
    Joking aside, this is just an absolute con job. "We believe people of all ages and walks of life should have access to our wearable performance technologies that maximize individual performance and help each of us enjoy life to its fullest."

WTF? Honestly, what are they trying to say it is?

Fair enough they give half the retail price to charity, but even still. It's just robbery. And I'd say there's some serious money behind it too. The website is pretty slick and the list of sports stars they affiliated with is ridiculous.
    they sell them in pennys for 1:50,same thing but with a watch in them.
    My brother bought 500 of them and flogged them fairly easy

seannash wrote: »
    they sell them in pennys for 1:50,same thing but with a watch in them.
    My brother bought 500 of them and flogged them fairly easy

haha nasher, what type of tinker family have you got?

haha nasher, what type of tinker family have you got?
    ha ha,you wouldnt want to know the half of it.
    he's a right Del Boy,Its honest like,nothing dodgy but he's always looking for ways to make money.

He sold most of them watches to a golf shop,they wanted them for christmas gifts for there customers:)
    sold a load of incense to a health food shop last year too,made about a grand.he basically just passed them onto the shop from the supplier ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I've such admiration for people that do stuff like that. I've had a few chances down through the years to take risks by buying a load of things like that but just didn't take them. You always end up regretting it though.

A friend's Uncle is a real Dellboy. Always getting stuff imported in containers from China or Eastern Europe, etc. and selling the stuff on. He knows what he's doing though as he's doing it years, always looking for the next big thing.

I love that story about the English kid that became a Millionaire at the age of 14. Basically, he'd seen some kids (probably one of his mates! Ha) with one of those Micro Scooters and thought to himself that he'd like one of them himself. So off he goes to the internetz and finds the manufacturer and cuts a deal and ends up becoming the sole world wide distributor. Ends up getting a cut of every sale from there on in. Fair fvcks to him, just took a chance and it worked out.

Back to work with a fckin bang today - funny reading this thread this evening, how the hell did it go from sleeping trouble solutions to angels sticking crystals up their holes and the head on Jesus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Back to work with a fckin bang today - funny reading this thread this evening, how the hell did it go from sleeping trouble solutions to angels sticking crystals up their holes and the head on Jesus?

It was because all our chakras were out of alignment...

• Advertisement

It was because all our chakras were out of alignment...

Nothing a good kick in the bollix won't sort.

Now the Mods are threatening violence! I heard this place was bad but I never expected this!

I'll have to go off and cleanse my aura (scrotum).

Speaking of chakras and all, I read up on various things like that a few years ago, around the time of smoking too much sh1t actually - funny how when stoned things can be so believable... I was also just getting into martial arts and reading any and every book associated, they can get pretty weird too.

There are various things though such as yoga and Chi Gong which can have some strange elements such as chakras in Yoga or supposed 'super human' type powers in Chi Gong but they are in reality actually very good exercise systems when taken at the basic physical level and forgetting any mystical stuff that might be associated with them... unless of course you are into the mystical stuff.

Think I'll just go back to smoking weed.

Now the Mods are threatening violence! I heard this place was bad but I never expected this!

I'll have to go off and cleanse my aura (scrotum).

Yeah its got pretty out of hand alright... getting a bad name by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Did you know that Trains in England have a device called a Dead Man's Pedal in the Driver's Cabin. It randomly emits a noise and the Driver has 5 seconds to respond to it by pressing the pedal. And if he doesn't respond the brakes are applied.

I could of used one of those in work this week.

Daddio wrote: »
    As long as they're not Golden Discs vouchers - it used to be hell finding something worthy of purchase with those damn things :P

Btw I don't normally post on this forum, but the thread title caught my eye ;)

My last memory of Golden Discs vouchers was most likely on a 6 pack of 90 minute chrome cassette tapes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Or a kick in the face:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

My last memory of Golden Discs vouchers was most likely on a 6 pack of 90 minute chrome cassette tapes!

Hehe, ah tapes, I used to love selecting the good brands and making sure they were compatible with the Dolby type I wanted.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I've such admiration for people that do stuff like that. I've had a few chances down through the years to take risks by buying a load of things like that but just didn't take them. You always end up regretting it though.

A friend's Uncle is a real Dellboy. Always getting stuff imported in containers from China or Eastern Europe, etc. and selling the stuff on. He knows what he's doing though as he's doing it years, always looking for the next big thing.

I love that story about the English kid that became a Millionaire at the age of 14. Basically, he'd seen some kids (probably one of his mates! Ha) with one of those Micro Scooters and thought to himself that he'd like one of them himself. So off he goes to the internetz and finds the manufacturer and cuts a deal and ends up becoming the sole world wide distributor. Ends up getting a cut of every sale from there on in. Fair fvcks to him, just took a chance and it worked out.
    well thats it really,you just have to look out for stuff thatll be a hit
    He bought those bracelet thingies because they were all wearing them in magaluf where he was for the summer.

His latest thing is those head massager thingies,same health food shop is asking him to import them for him:D

• Advertisement

Jesus it's been a bit of a bad news week: first the VHI increases and now the variable rate increases on mortgages... Holy moley!

Advertisement