Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

joker77 wrote: »
    I've a question on single/married tax credits

At the moment I'm single (Revenue view me this way, Social Welfare view us as co-habitating), we're engaged, she's unemployed and not receiving anything from the State because we're 'co-habitating', and it's lookinng unlikely she'll get the Maternity Benefit (in our fúcked up system they won't even give her that).

How much better off would we be if we were married, tax wise? We were planning on getting married this year, but with the pregnancy we've postponed it. At this stage, if it meant a serious improvement in income, I'd be prepared to do a registry office job for the paperwork, and have a party later in the year or next year for the celebration.

Afaik, being a cohabiting couple doesn't entitle you to take on your partner's tax credits in the same way a civil partnership (gay couple) would.

http://www.cpaireland.ie/UserFiles/File/Accountancy%20Plus/A%20Dec%202010%20Article%20PDFs/ADec-2010-Taxation-Civil%20Partnership%20Bill-Brendan%20Brady.pdf

Check it out with the Tax Office to make doubly sure as I could be reading this totally wrong. Just remember that you have to wait three months before you can get married from when you apply.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

ianuss wrote: »
    Watched this last night after someone here had recommended it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1559549/

I saw it too, wan't into it much. Yeah its kinda crazy what the do etc but I turned it off 3/4 the way through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Watched this last night after someone here had recommended it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1559549/

I recommended it on a different forum, I know there's a good bit of propaganda crap in it but felt it was a better doc on the subject than most of the real propaganda crap you get on the discovery/Geographic channels.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Afaik, being a cohabiting couple doesn't entitle you to take on your partner's tax credits in the same way a civil partnership (gay couple) would.

http://www.cpaireland.ie/UserFiles/File/Accountancy%20Plus/A%20Dec%202010%20Article%20PDFs/ADec-2010-Taxation-Civil%20Partnership%20Bill-Brendan%20Brady.pdf

Check it out with the Tax Office to make doubly sure as I could be reading this totally wrong. Just remember that you have to wait three months before you can get married from when you apply.
    You're right, I rang the Revenue about this - the girl on the phone said a lot of people had rang up about it, but you have to be married. She sounded a little embarrassed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

On the theme of war, here's a brilliant film I watched the other night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1111876/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jtsuited wrote: »
    I later found out, that if you don't specifically make your wishes known before you die, that if you are a confirmed Catholic you'll be buried as one.
    Which winds me up a good bit, because if I were to drop dead today, there's a good chance I'd be given a Catholic funeral.

Cant remember who posted this a good while back but i do remember they thought it was a bit of a strange idea......i actually like it & would consider it,

http://www.andvinyly.com/
    For some reason, younger kids are taught (i'm guessing they're taught considering the amount of times I've heard this lately) that that is dead people going to heaven.
    I say 'no it's not', they say 'our teacher said it was', and I say 'your teacher is wrong, go and look it up you gullible child'.

Fixed your post there JT in bold:D

No but seriously i agree, i have a problem with the whole religious nonsense being woven into the fabric of everything to the degree it is, like as above you noted even natural phenomena but you do have to be a little more tactful with the chilldren you are attempting to assisst than just being bluntly dismissive of what they have been falsley told elsewhere. Childrens minds are delicate & it needs a little more diplomacy applied. Hence the old saying 'Handle with kid gloves'
    And you can be guaranteed no matter how much I change by the time I'm in my mid 30s with kids that I'm ever going to stop being like that.

This is where you display a certain amount of naivety clouded to you by your enthusiasm for the opposition of the subject you are discussing, you havnt got a clue what you will be like in 10 years time like all of us, for all you know you could be a priest on missionary work by the time your 36:eek:
    Again seriously i am not suggesting that you will compromise your beleif (rightly) that you should set children straight when people try & link religious nonsense into normal everday life but i do think you will develop, like i said already, a more diplomatic approach to how you handle such things which is what Scuba was saying also.

I was at a christening in Roscommon last year and the priest actually boasted about how somebody wanted to defect and he wouldn't let them because 'you're a Catholic from baptism'. That's fcuked up. No matter what way you look at it, that is seriously wrong.

What if you got baptised by a different religion?

What i am getting at is, if you went & got baptised by the church of satan im sure you would be out of the catholic church and seeing as its all a load of hocus pocus its just another irrelevant ceremony that was conducted yes?
    Funerals is a tough one. For me - I don't really care what happens to my body after I die - once I'm gone, that's it. Funerals are more for the people who are left behind. If I die within my parents life time, even though they know my views I wouldn't hold it against them for having a Catholic funeral - if it made it easier for them that's all that matters, I'd be gone. What my preference would be, would be a proper old school wake - the coffin with me in it gets laid out in a room at home. People come there to pay their respects, and get mightily drunk recanting tales of what a great old sod I was (once can hope right?). Then they'd burn the body. Simples.

Again,

http://www.andvinyly.com/

Couldn't resist…

P1010583.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

For those of you who didn't see the Facebook post, Sandwell District is live in Japan now until 3pm. Already ripping it up:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/3166181

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    For those of you who didn't see the Facebook post, Sandwell District is live in Japan now until 3pm. Already ripping it up:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/3166181
    Nice - something to listen to for the next while. Wouldn't bother with that stupid video though

• Advertisement

There was a track playing a minute ago, had a vocal 'Bang bb-bang bang bang'. I'm fairly sure Rob Hood played it, if not then I definitely heard it at some stage during that night. Anyone got an ID on it?

(yes I feel like a bit of a tit asking for an id of a techno track that goes 'bang bang bang bang')

I'm keeping an eye on the chat box, think it might have been the new Silent Servant track.

There was a track playing a minute ago, had a vocal 'Bang bb-bang bang bang'. I'm fairly sure Rob Hood played it, if not then I definitely heard it at some stage during that night. Anyone got an ID on it?

(yes I feel like a bit of a tit asking for an id of a techno track that goes 'bang bang bang bang')
    Lol, Lief will probably know what it is. Along wit the one that goes Do do do do do

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    I'm keeping an eye on the chat box, think it might have been the new Silent Servant track.
    unreleased?

unreleased?

Don't even know the name of it sorry, just what was appearing in the chat box when that track was playing (amongst all the japanese symbols).

Doesn't sound like him... maybe

I'm on the hunt now for this track though, want to get it ID'd. So again - male voice in it saying 'bang bang bb-bang bang'. Techno track, a lot of crash symbol in with the kick drum...

That's about all I've got to go on...

I'm on the hunt now for this track though, want to get it ID'd. So again - male voice in it saying 'bang bang bb-bang bang'. Techno track, a lot of crash symbol in with the kick drum...

I've got this stuck in my head now:

Could it be a remix of Bang Bang Bang by Mark Ronson?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Could it be a remix of Bang Bang Bang by Mark Ronson?
    Or Boom Bang a Bang by Lulu?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Or Boom Bang a Bang by Lulu?

Or Boom Boom Bang Bang by Hilary Duff?

• Advertisement

Or Boom Boom Bang Bang by Hilary Duff?
    Or She Bangs by Ricky Martin?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Or She Bangs by Ricky Martin?

Or Sex Bang by Mister Tom?

Or Sex Bang by Mister Tom?
    Or Bang Bang by Nancy Sinatra?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Against my better judgment i will add to this nonsense,

La Luna - To the beat of the drum

Fúck the lot of yiz with your useless suggestions. Knew it was a waste of time, just couldn't help myself though, determined to find out the name of the track.

Came across this site today - http://www.abandonedireland.com - interesting reading / pictures

Here's the Hellfire Club

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Anyone got any links for good general world news websites?

Anyone got any links for good general world news websites?

http://www.foxnews.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Haha......very funny. An independent news source is what I'm looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

guardian despite its lefty leanings is a bloody great paper and website....

http://www.guardian.co.uk

Advertisement