Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

jtsuited wrote: »
    guardian despite its lefty leanings is a bloody great paper and website....

http://www.guardian.co.uk

Yeah, that's a good one alright.

If I'm looking for a general news first port of call is usually http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ and for Irish news it's http://www.irishtimes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

joker77 wrote: »
    Fúck the lot of yiz with your useless suggestions. Knew it was a waste of time, just couldn't help myself though, determined to find out the name of the track.

Came across this site today - http://www.abandonedireland.com - interesting reading / pictures

Here's the Hellfire Club
    I was always fascinated with that place as a kid. You could see it from our street (I think) it was only a dot on top of the mountains. And going up there the odd time was such adventure, and a trek and a half.

I find this bit funny....
    Another story mentions a priest, who stumbled across the club's fun'n'frolics late at night, and discovered that the centre of attention was a huge black cat. 'Breaking free from his captors the cleric grabbed the cat and uttered an exorcism which tore the beast apart. A demon shot up from its corpse. Hurtling through the roof it brought down the ceiling and scattered the assembly.'

Anybody that has ever been up to it knows that you don't just "stumbled across" it. It takes a bit of effort to get up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I used to read The Guardian when I was a student a few years ago. Not because of it being slighty leftist or anything, but because it was so cheap. It used to be something like 50c for a huge paper and a couple of supplements......it was great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ianuss wrote: »
    I used to read The Guardian when I was a student a few years ago. Not because of it being slighty leftist or anything, but because it was so cheap. It used to be something like 50c for a huge paper and a couple of supplements......it was great value.

yeah, the amount of readable supplements that come with it was incredible for the student price we used to get it for.
    In contrast, The Irish Times was a good bit dearer and was only bought for the feckin crossword.

Did you read the transcripts of the Youtube videos made by the Arizona gunman?

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/01/08/youtube-videos-of-ar.html

Total Loolah

• Advertisement

yeah, the amount of readable supplements that come with it was incredible for the student price we used to get it for.
    In contrast, The Irish Times was a good bit dearer and was only bought for the feckin crossword.

Yeah, I used to buy the Times for the Crossword. There was always the attempt at the Crosaire puzzle (I think I got four clues right once) and then on to the Simplex.

Do you know that Crosaire used to get his wife to fill in the blank crossword and then he'd make up the clues. Try filling in a blank crossword, it's harder than you think!

Did you read the transcripts of the Youtube videos made by the Arizona gunman?

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/01/08/youtube-videos-of-ar.html

Total Loolah

I read something about him believing that proper grammar is a government conspiracy.
    I laughed my ass off but have since learnt that it's one of the fundamental beliefs of the patriot conspiracy or whatever it is called.

Now I'm starting to worry.

Yeah, I used to buy the Times for the Crossword. There was always the attempt at the Crosaire puzzle

oh how those attempts used to humble me. I did the simplex every day for about 6 months and never managed to get more than 2 dodgy crosaire answers.
    There's apparently a specific technique for doing them.

I read something about him believing that proper grammar is a government conspiracy.
    I laughed my ass off but have since learnt that it's one of the fundamental beliefs of the patriot conspiracy or whatever it is called.

Now I'm starting to worry.

Like I've always said, we're living in the age of the idiot.

http://www.alternet.org/story/149466/is_jared_loughner_a_right-wing_extremist/

There's apparently a specific technique for doing them.

That's it. I could never get into the train of thought needed to figure out the clues. Baffling and infuriating in equal measure

• Advertisement

That's it. I could never get into the train of thought needed to figure out the clues. Baffling and infuriating in equal measure

I knew a girl who could do them no problem in college. She had learnt from her Dad and tried to teach us. It's a very very specific thought pattern though so I could never get it.

That whole gunman thing. Haven't had much time to read up on it. Is it basically....Palin posted a map of America with gun crosshairs over certain areas where opposition politicians were located. And then nutjob goes and tries to kill one of them?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That whole gunman thing. Haven't had much time to read up on it. Is it basically....Palin posted a map of America with gun crosshairs over certain areas where opposition politicians were located. And then nutjob goes and tries to kill one of them?

Erm yeah. We'll go with that.

But the more accurate story is that the guy was a typical conspiracy nut obviously fond of radical political nonsense and had quite a right wing bent in his bizarre beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Yeah, that's a good one alright.

If I'm looking for a general news first port of call is usually http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ and for Irish news it's http://www.irishtimes.com/

I'm a bit of a comment is free junky on the grauniad's website-great site for all sorts of reasons

Erm yeah. We'll go with that.

But the more accurate story is that the guy was a typical conspiracy nut obviously fond of radical political nonsense and had quite a right wing bent in his bizarre beliefs.

http://mightygodking.com/index.php/2011/01/09/on-the-shooting-of-gabrielle-giffords/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

BaZmO* wrote: »
    :confused:

Big crossover hit in the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

sovindo.jpg

what do ye reckon? its only €20 in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

what do ye reckon? its only €20 in

Not worth €20 as a serious discussion, but perhaps for the comedy

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'll never forget seeing the episode of South Park taking the piss out of him, fckin brilliant.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Southpark is epic

Zascar wrote: »
    Southpark is epic

I've only recently started watching it, some of it is pure genius. I downloaded 14 series of it a few months ago but haven't started to watch any of it yet - might go watch some later on actually.

I've only recently started watching it, some of it is pure genius. I downloaded 14 series of it a few months ago but haven't started to watch any of it yet - might go watch some later on actually.

I was a relative late comer to it, probably about 4 or 5 years ago maybe - there are so many absolutely brilliant episodes, definitely one of my favourite comedies. Bought several of the DVD series over the last while, when they have them on offer in HMV etc I tend to grab one... The Walmart episode is definitely among the best, or the People from the Future.

I was a relative late comer to it, probably about 4 or 5 years ago maybe - there are so many absolutely brilliant episodes, definitely one of my favourite comedies. Bought several of the DVD series over the last while, when they have them on offer in HMV etc I tend to grab one... The Walmart episode is definitely among the best, or the People from the Future.

I'll have to go google those and see what series they're on. My brother is forever telling me to watch certain episodes but I've the memory of a goldfish so I always totally forget.

Think I'm gonna watch the RTE show starting in a few minutes. It's about people emigrating. I reckon I'll be heading off myself soon enough. I'm hoping to finish my studies in June but the chances of getting work in Dublin are seriously slim :(

I'll have to go google those and see what series they're on. My brother is forever telling me to watch certain episodes but I've the memory of a goldfish so I always totally forget.

Think I'm gonna watch the RTE show starting in a few minutes. It's about people emigrating. I reckon I'll be heading off myself soon enough. I'm hoping to finish my studies in June but the chances of getting work in Dublin are seriously slim :(

It's a sh1t time to be a graduate alright. What are you studying Ian?

Its terrible the amount of people that have either left or plan to leave - I've close family gone to Australia and another seriously contemplating it, both dripping with masters degrees.

On a completely different subject and seeing as I've broken the seal somewhat on talking about relatively 'serious' subject on de internet - last time I did that was some years ago when it involved A/S/L? on random chat rooms... I never did get that 21/F/USA to meet me...

Anyway... I've been pondering this over the last few days having observed people around me, mainly in the work environment or various people I know. Are people inherently lazy? Is the human default to do little unless challenged otherwise? Its not that I've reached this conclusion as such, more that I'm debating it at present and yet to reach a full and final conclusion... maybe I should start a poll on After Hours :pac:

• Advertisement

On a completely different subject and seeing as I've broken the seal somewhat on talking about relatively 'serious' subject on de internet - last time I did that was some years ago when it involved A/S/L? on random chat rooms... I never did get that 21/F/USA to meet me...

Anyway... I've been pondering this over the last few days having observed people around me, mainly in the work environment or various people I know. Are people inherently lazy? Is the human default to do little unless challenged otherwise? Its not that I've reached this conclusion as such, more that I'm debating it at present and yet to reach a full and final conclusion... maybe I should start a poll on After Hours :pac:

It's all about motivation. Here is a really interesting video about it.

Advertisement