Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

How 50 Cent Made $9M From One Weekend of Tweeting

Been following him on Twitter for the last couple months on the recommendation of a few friends. Apparently he's hilarious. I've just found his Tweets to be nonsense.

Over the last couple of weeks he's been telling people to invest in different stocks. Obviously it's been working. He has almost 4 millions followers so it's not hard to see why it works.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I follow him too - I think after Frankie retweeted one of his tweets. He's so funny. Not because he's brilliant, or trying to be funny, but because he's borderline retarded and almost illiterate.

http://twitter.com/#!/english50cent

http://moneywatch.bnet.com/saving-money/blog/devil-details/50-cent-penny-stock-pump-dump/3822/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

BaZmO* wrote: »
    How 50 Cent Made $9M From One Weekend of Tweeting

Been following him on Twitter for the last couple months on the recommendation of a few friends. Apparently he's hilarious. I've just found his Tweets to be nonsense.

Over the last couple of weeks he's been telling people to invest in different stocks. Obviously it's been working. He has almost 4 millions followers so it's not hard to see why it works.

Could he be done for insider trading on something like that?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah i was thinking that, it's not exactly within the rules to buy stock, pimp it up, make loads of money and then bail... Would be so great if he got locked up for it...

Zascar wrote: »
    Yeah i was thinking that, it's not exactly within the rules to buy stock, pimp it up, make loads of money and then bail... Would be so great if he got locked up for it...

I think hit the fooker where it hurts and give him multi-million dollar fines and watch him cry like a baby. Locking him up will only increase his street cred.

• Advertisement

Could he be done for insider trading on something like that?
    There's a link at the end of the article 50 Cent's stock scheme
    that hints at it. I didn't realise that he owned shares in the company until I read it.

A lot of people were jokingly tweeting about having to reveal vested interests on any tweets. Not sure if it's related. I kinda dip in and out of Twitter so I tend to miss a lot of stuff.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    A lot of people were jokingly tweeting about having to reveal vested interests on any tweets. Not sure if it's related. I kinda dip in and out of Twitter so I tend to miss a lot of stuff.

I don't really get Twitter at all. I make enough of a spa of myself on places like this and facebook without the need to go on to Twitter.

It's a bit meh really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I read before (or maybe saw it on telly somewhere) that he made more money from Vitamins than he did from music. Story was that he has a range of vitamins/drinks and sold it for hundreds of millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

joker77 wrote: »
    I read before (or maybe saw it on telly somewhere) that he made more money from Vitamins than he did from music. Story was that he has a range of vitamins/drinks and sold it for hundreds of millions.

Real gangsta style,

Rolling with my homies sipping on Vitamins drinks & reapplying our Nicotine patches.:D

• Advertisement

Sure didn't P. Diddy go to a private school. Da OG is from da streets!

Tu pak also studied ballet for a few years, biatch!!!!!!

http://www.fiverr.com - this is brilliant

Tu pak also studied ballet for a few years, biatch!!!!!!

Yeah, I tried ta get him ta do an interpretative dance off with me fo' years and then da nigga done got himself popped! Shee-itt!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

jtsuited wrote: »
    you'd almost say indistinguishable Scuba wouldn't you?:p

Someone's made some pretty significant New Year's resolutions huh?

Although it is true. Once you get into a routine of exercise and good eating, it's a walk in the park. It's getting through the first few weeks of punishment that's the challenge.
    And in Ireland, there's always a mate texting you inviting you on a bender to undo all your good work.

I think one of our main characteristics as an ethnicity is our absolute distrust of authority. And for good reason, what with the way we were treated for hundreds of years.
    We have very funny social constructs of what characterises a good person in this country. We like a cute hooer who can get away with things with the least amount of work possible. We're a bit like gypsies in that regard.
    We, as a nation, thankfully don't buy into the whole 'work is prayer' protestant ethic, and we genuinely get pleasure from cutting people down to size when they get a bit egomaniacal.
    If you talk to most other nationalities about celebrity experiences they tend to recant tales of respect and admiration but us Irish we like to tell stories of how Liam Gallagher was in their local and everyone pretended they didn't know who he was to wind him up.
    Personally, I love our general tendency to subvert power and status at every chance we get (which probably comes from being fcuked by the British Monarchy for so long). Then again, it takes its toll when we try as a nation to run anything efficiently - transport systems, governance systems, etc. - because we have a national chip on our shoulder about authority.

If any of y'all are interested (which I doubt any of y'all are) there was a famous ethnography done by an American anthropologist on the West of Ireland in the 1930s which I can't remember the name of, but gave great insight into common Irish traits. Unfortunately nearly every trait you can think of stems from our history of being fcuked by the British.

Actually, they do look quite different or at least distinguishable when you get to know them :p

And this is a culmination of about 3 New Years resolutions, some of which I've managed to achieve :pac:

As luck would have it with my feelings of positivity, I had an early start this morning and came home just now to find this email in my inbox, I've hit the fcking jackpot!!! - Handing in my notice in the morning...
    Dear Friend,

I guess this letter may come to you as surprise since I had no previous
    correspondence with you.

I am the Chairman of the Electoral Commission Ghana (EC). I got your
    contact in my search for a reliable person to handle a very confidential
    transaction involving the transfer of the sum of $14.500.000 Dollars
    (Fourteen Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) the above
    fund is not connected with arms, drugs or money laundering. It is the
    product of an over invoiced contract awarded in 2008 by (EC) to a foreign
    company for the supply of electoral materials that were used for
    conducting the 2008 elections.

The contract has long been executed and payment of the actual contract
    amount has been made to the foreign contractor leaving the balance of
    $14.5 million which my colleagues and I now want to transfer out of Ghana
    into a reliable foreign account for our personal use.

As civil servants we are not allowed to run foreign accounts.
    Hence we have chosen to front and support you as the beneficiary to this
    funds. If you are interested in the proposal kindly get back to me by
    sending me your letter of acceptance along with your direct telephone and
    fax numbers, we have decided to share the money in the following
    percentage, 60% for us 30% for you the account owner and 10% for all local
    and international expenses that may arise in the course of this
    transaction. Further details about this transaction will be discussed in
    subsequent correspondence.

Note also that the particular nature of your business is irrelevant to
    this transaction and this transaction is expected to be concluded within 5
    working days since all local contacts and arrangements are in place for a
    smooth and successful conclusion of this transaction.

Contact me via email with your contact telephone and fax numbers, so that I
    can call you for a discussion.

Thank you as I await your response.

You can reach me on my private email account afari@in.com

yours faithfully,
    Dr.Kwadwo Afari

Lads where can I get some electronic equipment repaired in a hurry?

I have a projector, and the on/off button has stopped working. At first it just had to tap it a few times for it to make the connection, then I had to bash it with my finger, and then it stopped working all together. Its fine apart from that I'm sure its just a loose wire or connection or something. I thought i'd try taking it apart but it seems you needs some very strange screwdrivers. I'm guessing it would be easy for someone who had a clue what they were talking about.

Where could I go to get this done or does anyone know someone who would do a nixer?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Zascar wrote: »
    Lads where can I get some electronic equipment repaired in a hurry?

I have a projector, and the on/off button has stopped working. At first it just had to tap it a few times for it to make the connection, then I had to bash it with my finger, and then it stopped working all together. Its fine apart from that I'm sure its just a loose wire or connection or something. I thought i'd try taking it apart but it seems you needs some very strange screwdrivers. I'm guessing it would be easy for someone who had a clue what they were talking about.

Where could I go to get this done or does anyone know someone who would do a nixer?

Generally bashing electronic devices, if even only with your finger (which conjures up a strange image of Colly bashing a projector with his finger) isn't that good for them, which needless to say you've now discovered!

If you have no luck here today I can check out a contact name or two tomorrow, I do know some people in that line - what brand is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

How can everyone NOT be completely bored by the digital DJ debate....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I have never laughed so hard at something as I have at this. I have no idea why it's so funny but it absolutely cracks me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

^thank you internets^

I've watched it over and over again and it gets funnier every time.

So so brilliant!

Haha. Deadly!

thank fcuk y'all find it funny too. Myself and herself have been playing it over and over and over again for the past 45 minutes and it's still causing that proper struggle to breathe laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Hilarious!!!! By far the funniest thing I've seen this year :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Good laugh to start the day, nice one man :)

jtsuited wrote: »

I have never laughed so hard at something as I have at this. I have no idea why it's so funny but it absolutely cracks me up.

Tis good alright, notice how when he was running down he was holding his jewels & once he is flattened by the screen he trots off dazed without holding them, like a cat that has just been walloped by a car & tears off in shock & confusion, probably keeled over at the top of the road.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Brilliant!

Just on the Religion subject.

George Carlin - Religion is bull****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

Advertisement