Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ahem....

1284879450080.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Brilliant!

Just on the Religion subject.

George Carlin - Religion is bull****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o
    Brilliant. A clip of that it in a cartoon at the beginning of the Zeitgeist movie..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This has to be my favorite piece of comedy ever. This short skit has spawned more jokes and one liners between me and my friends that anything else... Only the movie Anchorman would come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Carlin an Louis CK are ****e
    cannot understand why people hold them in such high regard:eek:

• Advertisement

You've posted that before Colly. In fact we're all starting to repeat ourselves.....but that said, it's a genius routine. :)

Ah yes I have indeed but I'm a little drunk and thought it was appropriate, just in case others had not seen it...

Anyhoo what's better, Digital or Vinyl?

Catholicism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

seannash wrote: »
    Carlin an Louis CK are ****e
    cannot understand why people hold them in such high regard:eek:

If you have kids that Louis CK sketch is pure genius...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

If you have kids that Louis CK sketch is pure genius...

Louis is the feckin man, once you've had kids!

One of my favourites (probably posted before):

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Zascar wrote: »
    Anyhoo what's better, Digital or Vinyl?

What does it matter as long as its brostep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Just in case anybody thinks people believing bullsh1t is harmless........(not in any way related to religion)
    Take a little read of this

jtsuited wrote: »
    Just in case anybody thinks people believing bullsh1t is harmless........(not in any way related to religion)
    Take a little read of this

Bastards!!! All in the pursuit of money:mad:

Bastards!!! All in the pursuit of money:mad:

it's kind of funny that the 'alternative medicine' community (that includes vitamin pushers btw) kill far more people (at the moment) in pursuit of profit than big-pharma (who are certainly no angels).

Every time I hear of someone quitting chemotherapy in favour of some quackery, I genuinely get really angry that people can be so stupid as to be killed by it.

it's kind of funny that the 'alternative medicine' community (that includes vitamin pushers btw) kill far more people (at the moment) in pursuit of profit than big-pharma (who are certainly no angels).

Every time I hear of someone quitting chemotherapy in favour of some quackery, I genuinely get really angry that people can be so stupid as to be killed by it.

Ye, should steer clear of all of em & go & pray, divine miracle is yer only man:pac:

Ye, should steer clear of all of em & go & pray, divine miracle is yer only man:pac:

yeah that or psytrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

That's pretty sick shít.

I'm on day 2 of a detox here, haven't had a coffee since Wednesday afternoon, feeling the effects now...

I'm trying out a raw food diet for a week, both as a detox and also to lose a couple of kilos - purely to make it easier to get up those hills on the bike.

yeah that or psytrance.

Hey! Psytrance cured me of lots of things (or was that just the microdots:confused:)

coffee withdrawals can be pretty heavy going. did it over christmas and had headaches for about 3 days (and I rarely if ever get headaches).

• Advertisement

coffee withdrawals can be pretty heavy going. did it over christmas and had headaches for about 3 days (and I rarely if ever get headaches).

Ive heard heroin is good for easing the coffee comedown:)

joker77 wrote: »
    That's pretty sick shít.

I'm on day 2 of a detox here, haven't had a coffee since Wednesday afternoon, feeling the effects now...

I'm trying out a raw food diet for a week, both as a detox and also to lose a couple of kilos - purely to make it easier to get up those hills on the bike.
    You do know that there's no such thing as doing a detox?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I've kicked a few drugs in my time but coffee would be an ask too far :(

I'm finishing week one of my 'get back training proper' programme. Have so so so much weight to lose. Thankfully my fitness in the pool didn't desert me over the last few years like my running fitness did.
    It's got to be said though, getting stuck into intense training puts you in great mood and makes the rest of life seem like a walk in the park.
    Did about 20 things yesterday I'd been procrastinating about for months, with little to no effort thanks to the punishment I've been putting myself through at the pool.

Read a very good piece by a fitness instructor in the Guardian last week (yes I'm surprised too). He said the best way to motivate yourself about exercising regularly is not to think about the end goal or any of that sh1te, but just think about how great you feel after you've pushed yourself to the limit.
    About 4 years ago, I used to run 10km every morning and tbh the only reason i did it is because I actually enjoyed the buzz. I had to stop because I got shin-splints and I piled the weight on since.
    I'm starting to feel the same way about my swimming training right now (doing between 1-2km a day) so hopefully I stay addicted for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You do know that there's no such thing as doing a detox?
    Ok yea, what I'm calling a detox means cutting out processed food, sugar, caffeine for a week

Ive heard heroin is good for easing the coffee comedown:)

showing your true oldskool roots there!:D

showing your true oldskool roots there!:D

Olskool to the core, im only using a bottle of whiskey these days to detox from the christmas:D

Ok yea, what I'm calling a detox means cutting out processed food, sugar, caffeine for a week
    Sorry to be pedantic, but it's a real bugbear of mine. It's crazy how much people pay for all those quack detox remedies when they do fvck all. Lots of water and time are the only way to cleanse the system.

old gregg wrote: »
    I've kicked a few drugs in my time but coffee would be an ask too far :(

A mate of mine who is doing a PHD in physiology did a huge project on caffeine and its effect on physical and mental performance. I picked his brain for ages on the subject and basically caffeine is the wonder drug of all wonder drugs.
    Apart from the insomnia and anxiety that the odd few experience, caffeine has fcuk all long term effect on your physical health even though it is technically a highly addictive drug with huge potential for abuse and dependence (in fact almost everyone who consumes it is an addict).

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Sorry to be pedantic, but it's a real bugbear of mine. It's crazy how much people pay for all those quack detox remedies when they do fvck all. Lots of water and time are the only way to cleanse the system.

Great bit of that Bad Science book on detox quackery.

Advertisement