Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

joker77 wrote: »
    I organised a mate's stag in Barcelona the year before last - instead of staying in a hotel we used this place for an apartment:
    http://www.mhapartments.com/en/

We stayed in the Tetuan one - was grand - walking distance to Gracia (nice area for cafes/restaurants), next to a metro stop, near enough Las Ramblas, dead handy and worked out cheaper than a hotel. We did a bit of cheap drinking in the apartment before heading out for the night, so win win.
    Cheers. Had a look but it's working out dearer than a hotel. There's only 2 of us. Would've been great if a gang was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It's....oh so.......quiet......

Watched The Social Network last night. Great film. Not really what I expected though.

Never really paid much attention to the court cases at the time, but always had the impression that he totally shafted everybody involved. If the film is to be believed it's not that clear cut.

I didn't think much of it, to be honest.

It was nicely put together, and the lead was great i have to say, but the subject matter itself was comparatively boring. Basically a film about a guy who comes across as a bit of an asshole and by the end of the film you know for a fact he was an asshole.:pac:

Basically a film about a guy who comes across as a bit of an asshole and by the end of the film you know for a fact he was an asshole.:pac:
    Could be Jeff's life story too! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Lads, does anyone here know how to open a PHP file? I've tried Adobe but it doesn't work properly.......it's doing my head in worse than leggo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

ianuss wrote: »
    Lads, does anyone here know how to open a PHP file? I've tried Adobe but it doesn't work properly.......it's doing my head in worse than leggo.

It sounds like you didn't download what wanted to download properly. The PHP is a programming file which is not meant to be readable. I'd say you were trying to download a file and the browser downloaded the php instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

You can open a PHP file with a text editor or any web development software. A .php file will contain php code, it is not a digital image file.

Basically a film about a guy who comes across as a bit of an asshole and by the end of the film you know for a fact he was an asshole.:pac:

I don't think it was that simple in the end. He got swept along by his ambition but I didn't come away from it thinking he was an asshole. The young lawyer he was talking to at the end summed it up best I think.
    I don't think you're an asshole, you're just trying really hard to be one

It sounds like you didn't download what wanted to download properly. The PHP is a programming file which is not meant to be readable. I'd say you were trying to download a file and the browser downloaded the php instead.

I'm trying to d/l something from the Canadian Embassy. They sent me a link but when I try open it it comes out in gibberish. Can I PM yon the link?

I'm trying to d/l something from the Canadian Embassy. They sent me a link but when I try open it it comes out in gibberish. Can I PM yon the link?

No problem. I'll send you back a yousendit link if I can download it

• Advertisement

PM sent back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

You should have been able to open it locally with your browser, right click & open with explorer or whatever your browser is.

Android helped me out, he said it opened in Safari ok. I tried in Chrome & FF and no joy. Dunno what the deal is??? I actually hate computers, like, properly hate them, they give me rage. If it wasn't for the internets there is no way I would ever use one.

That doesn't look very healthy.

Holy Fvck!! Is that for real?

"Woz iz really guud, iz you don't need zee glasses to zee"

Eh, just a minor question there buddy. What about the mad head on on ya that looks like you've just necked about 5 disco biscuits in one go??

Ridiculous to think that'd catch on. Wearing glasses is an inconvenience but putting electrodes on the side of your head isn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Definitely not healthy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Slightly related to Baz' post: Did anyone watch How Drugs Work last night on BBC3, about ecstasy?
    Nothing in it really that I didn't know already but the one thing that was going through my mind the whole time watching the two "ravers" was "their parents must be so proud, watching their offspring on telly, out of their respective gourds". And your man's cunning plan to protect his identity...use a false name. FFS!
    I was envious though when the database doctor guy was showing his huuuuge chest of drawers full of many, many varieties of pills. Would have liked to hear more from him about how much/little MDMA is in the average pill these days and what sort of other crap he often finds in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

milltown wrote: »
    Slightly related to Baz' post: Did anyone watch How Drugs Work last night on BBC3, about ecstasy?
    Missed it. Just checked to see if it's repeated. Doesn't seem to be as it's actually a repeat. The next episode is about Cocaine and is on Wednesday Night/Thursday morning at 4.05am

Missed it. Just checked to see if it's repeated. Doesn't seem to be as it's actually a repeat. The next episode is about Cocaine and is on Wednesday Night/Thursday morning at 4.05am

It's on the iPlayer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Oh I heard that was good alright, I had a quick look and you can download it pretty easy

It's on the iPlayer
    Ah ya have to get involved with all that poxy proxy stuff. Just checked there and it seems to be available for download. :)

Ah ya have to get involved with all that poxy proxy stuff. Just checked there and it seems to be available for download. :)

Have you tried expat shield? No fiddling about, you just launch the app and it gives you a UK IP address. Even I can use it - and I'm borderline retarded.

Holy Fvck!! Is that for real?

Ehhh… no

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads very good deal here from one of the daily deal websites: http://livingsocial.com/deals/22503?ref=personalized-link-box-3700463&rpi=3700463
    8x10" Canvas print for €9 - best deal I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Reckon this'll take off?
    A growing number of music-lovers unhappy about the way album tracks are enjoyed in a pick-and-mix fashion have decided to take action.

The rules are strict. No talking. No texting. You must listen to every song on the album.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12209143

Jeff is undoubtedly going to have several consecutive cry-**** when he sees this...

Zascar wrote: »
    Lads very good deal here from one of the daily deal websites: http://livingsocial.com/deals/22503?ref=personalized-link-box-3700463&rpi=3700463
    8x10" Canvas print for €9 - best deal I've seen.
    Anybody actually bought any of those deals?

I take it you just buy the deal and you're given a voucher by email to redeem by a certain date?

I seen this one this morning and thought it was great value.

Looks like a giant circle jerk to me. Just listen to the album at home, or the car, or wherever. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Looks like a giant circle jerk to me. Just listen to the album at home, or the car, or wherever. :rolleyes:
    Indeed. But the thing that jumped out at me was this:
    The £12,000 speakers were revealing little nuances of sound that some of us had not heard before.

Wouldn't mind having me a bit of that now in fairness

• Advertisement

I'm guessing it would be full of knobheads.

Advertisement