Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

joker77 wrote: »

That to me sounds like listening to music with all the pretension and none of the enjoyment. And fooking incense?!!

Imagine how relentlessly dull those people are…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I watched that bbc thing on tv this morning and thought that with a bag o' cans and a bag of weed I'd be totally into it :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Anybody actually bought any of those deals?

I take it you just buy the deal and you're given a voucher by email to redeem by a certain date?

I seen this one this morning and thought it was great value.
    Yep I bought this one, and have bought others too, they are great. Oh and if you recommend 3 friends who join up and buy it too, you get yours for free - which is why I posted here! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Pretty much sums up fox / cnn news:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

lol...........deadmau5 ain't got sh1t on this dork

http://vimeo.com/18682701

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

the perfect party for a cold January http://www.70000tons.com
    I'd go if someone paid for me, not that I'm hinting y'all pass the hat around or do a sponsored bag pack to finance my trip :p

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Some funny texts on this site - I've had some bad auto corrects myself I must say since getting an iPhone...

http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

knee-jerk-reaction.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Lads does anyone know whats the best freeview box to get

justmoved to a place now with no tv hook up and i really dont wanna get sky in yet til i figure out how much im spending a month

so,anyone got suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

joker77 wrote: »

jerk.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I see you, and raise you:

http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/

You just cleaned the house out with that one frankie, this will be post of 2011 unchallenged guaranteed icon14.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

For people with time on their hands :)

the human clock.

http://lovedbdb.com/nudemenClock/index2.html

Click anywhere in the clock and it becomes digital, another click and it returns to analogue.

Well i don’t know about you but it does seem slightly odd to me that brian lenihan, rated 2nd worst finance minister in Europe 2 years ago, who is only a solicitor,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Lenihan,_Jnr

Sits on the board of governors of the IMF,

http://www.imf.org/external/np/sec/memdir/members.htm

And is still retaining his job in his current capacity after bringing the country to the point of the abyss & is now 'negotiating' with his colleagues in the IMF for a better deal!

Now what seems odd is that when he was rated the worst finance minister in europe 2 years ago, has done untold damage to the country, i hear this morning that John Curran has honors in A1 applied mathematics!

Firstly i think he would be better equipped to have done our financial business at least over a solicitor

Secondly i am amazed that we need to have a representative of our government (a solicitor) sitting on the board of governors of a private institution before we were in the perilous state we are!!!!

This entire system stinks to high heaven of cronyism.

But how much of the actual "maths" does a Minister do? Isn't it all run by Civil Servants?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    But how much of the actual "maths" does a Minister do? Isn't it all run by Civil Servants?

But perhaps the fact he received such a low rating from the Financial Times two years ago would suggest it is in the interest of the country to have someone who is receiving all this information from the civil servants working in his/her dept that can decipher it & see when it is innaccuarrate?

after all it appears now that none of the people within his dept were able to get any predictions right either so someone at the helm with a great grasp af mathematics may have been able to see the rot & the figures not stacking up, that is if we accept that it was all being run above board without cronyism.

Well i don’t know about you but it does seem slightly odd to me that brian lenihan, rated 2nd worst finance minister in Europe 2 years ago, who is only a solicitor,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Lenihan,_Jnr

Sits on the board of governors of the IMF,

http://www.imf.org/external/np/sec/memdir/members.htm

And is still retaining his job in his current capacity after bringing the country to the point of the abyss & is now 'negotiating' with his colleagues in the IMF for a better deal!

Now what seems odd is that when he was rated the worst finance minister in europe 2 years ago, has done untold damage to the country, i hear this morning that John Curran has honors in A1 applied mathematics!

Firstly i think he would be better equipped to have done our financial business at least over a solicitor

Secondly i am amazed that we need to have a representative of our government (a solicitor) sitting on the board of governors of a private institution before we were in the perilous state we are!!!!

This entire system stinks to high heaven of cronyism.

The issue of business ethics is covered quite extensively by corporate governance. Once you declare any potential conflicts of interest there shouldn't be a problem. There are books kept, called a Register of Interests.

And it's always been joked about before, that 'governments come and go, but civil servants last a lifetime'. The whole maths thing is a misnomer too. Cowan came through the ranks with a reputation as a fierce negotiator and all-round tough politician. Ideally a Head of State sholud have a set of tranferrable skills, who cares if anyone has an A1 in applied maths?

In saying all that, I'm not for one second denying the existence of cronyism in Ireland.

ianuss wrote: »
    Once you declare any potential conflicts of interest there shouldn't be a problem. ..

So if you simply declare that you are sitting on multiple boards of directors going from multinationals, pensions schemes, semi states, banks its all OK & nothing untoward is at hand just because you state it?

Come on now.

But perhaps the fact he received such a low rating from the Financial Times two years ago would suggest it is in the interest of the country to have someone who is receiving all this information from the civil servants working in his/her dept that can decipher it & see when it is innaccuarrate?

after all it appears now that none of the people within his dept were able to get any predictions right either so someone at the helm with a great grasp af mathematics may have been able to see the rot & the figures not stacking up, that is if we accept that it was all being run above board without cronyism.

You can't run a country based on surveys. And besides, very few people predicted the near collapse of the developed economies. There's absolutely no guarantee that anyone else within Irish politics would or could have managed the situation any better.

• Advertisement

It’s too simplistic to say that just because a Minister has an A1 in Applied Mathematics he’ll be able to decipher complicated Economic theories.

Ministers act on the advice from their advisors.

So if you simply declare that you are sitting on multiple boards of directors going from multinationals, pensions schemes, semi states, banks its all OK & nothing untoward is at hand just because you state it?

Come on now.

Well, yes. Because there's transparency.

very few people predicted the near collapse of the developed economies. There's absolutely no guarantee that anyone else within Irish politics would or could have managed the situation any better.

On your first point,

The predictions were coming from early 2007, Cowen was aware when he was finance minister the promises ahern was spewing out were nonsense, the knowledge that it was all coming to a halt was known alright.

Second point, 'managed better'? The handling of the way our country has been plunged into this financial swamp was utterly & completley contrived at a senior level.
    The international hedge fund operatoor george soros even said recently,( i am paraphrasing)

The current debt on ireland is not sustainable & will lead to a structured default, to be charged such a high interest rate by your so called friends (EU) is a slap in the face for the irish people.

On your first point,

The predictions were coming from early 2007, Cowen was aware when he was finance minister the promises ahern was spewing out were nonsense, the knowledge that it was all coming to a halt was known alright.

Second point, 'managed better'? The handling of the way our country has been plunged into this financial swamp was utterly & completley contrived at a senior level.
    The international hedge fund operatoor george soros even said recently,( i am paraphrasing)

The current debt on ireland is not sustainable & will lead to a structured default, to be charged such a high interest rate by your so called friends (EU) is a slap in the face for the irish people.

It wasn't known as fact, it was just a theory at the time.

Got a link for the Soros interview? Just out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

erm, Is Mise, did you just use the Financial Times as a reference?

It wasn't known as fact, it was just a theory at the time.

Got a link for the Soros interview? Just out of interest.

Well i was told early 2007 that this was going to hit at the end of the year 100% & that there would be no return to the 'good times', 2011/2012 would be where there would be any sign of the stop to the free fall which is what has transpired.
    jtsuited wrote: »
    erm, Is Mise, did you just use the Financial Times as a reference?

Cant remember now but i think it was alright.

Zascar wrote: »

Wasn’t busy in work on Monday (see the leggo fiasco for proof!) and thought I’d look into sourcing the materials for this. Fired off a few emails and got an answer back this morning.

Silicone Cast 350mm x 350mm x 5mmH would use approx. 650ml of Silicone.

Each Resin Cast 300Ømm would use approx. 350ml of Resin

So you’d get one 1 Cast (possibly 2 at a real push) from a 0.9kg tub of Silicone and about 3 Copies (possibly 4 at a push) from a 1.27kg of Resin.

So outlay would be:

Task 4 Trial kit 35.00 (0.9kg) Available 3 to 4 working days
    Oomoo 30 Trial kit 37.50 (1.27kg) Available 3 to 4 working days (Alternative product Mold Max 30 is 25.00) (1kg)
    Oomoo 25 Trial kit 37.50 (1.27kg) Ex stock (Alternative product Mold Max 20 is 25.00) (1kg)
    Freight 11.00

The Task 4 trial kit is 0.9kg; the Oomoo 1.27kg and the Mold Max 1kg

(Option is to use either Oomoo 25 or 30)

35.00 + 37.50 +11.00 = 83.50 + 21% VAT = €101.04

Works out at about €35.00 per vinyl (if you were to get 3)

Now obviously you could do it cheaper if you went with the Mold Max stuff, and there would be a significant saving if you used economy of scale and purchased a larger about of Silicone and Resin.

Now back to work!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wow Baz, just wow. Seriously what do you do?

Zascar wrote: »
    Wow Baz, just wow. Seriously what do you do?
    What do you mean what do I do?

• Advertisement

What job gives you do much free time?

That whole process seems like way way more hassle & cost that its worth. Could you not get an actual vinyl professionally pressed for less money than that?

Advertisement