Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ianuss wrote: »
    What am I missing?

Take it you're not mechanically minded?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

tee hee hee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's very harsh but these are the rules. I'm guessing he thought the ball had moved back into position because he's a very honest player usually, having called a foul in the Masters a couple of years ago (or was it last year?) that cost him 2 shots. I remember the Woosnam thing too - cardinal sin, especially for a trained professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

gear-train-idler.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

don't worry Ian, took me a while to get....just visualise what happens when you turn number 1 (or attempt to).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

No, I get it now......Baz broke it down nicely with the 'engineering for dummies' diagram.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Zascar wrote: »
    one of those jobs is a guy looking for photographic models, some nudity is involved. Should I apply? I have been working out.

I saw this posted over in AH and thought it worth posting here in case anyone misses it

ways_guys_01_9_Ways_Guys_Pee1_pic-s700x4609-123308.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

3 is such a cunt.

Best football blogger out there......http://threeandin.com/2011/01/21/harry-redknapp-is-making-things-small-time-at-spurs/

...... the real fun starts in the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Jim Corr on the Late Late show..........epic.

Cowen finally gone. Held out till the last minute, the usual. Sick of the leadership in this country. There is no fúcking honour, they're all the same.

Can anyone recommend a good set of in-ear bud type headphones? They need to fit well because I'll wear them in the gym and can't have that bit in the middle of the cable where you can attach them to another device. My previous set were the ones linked below but the rabbit destroyed the cable after I left them on the ground.

http://www.sony.ie/product/hpi-ex-series/mdr-ex90lp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I can't recommend the Sennheiser CX 300s enough. Hard to beat for the money IMO. I was always sceptical reading "audiophiles" talking about such things but these do actually improve with the first couple of weeks' use.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/In-ear-Headphones/Sennheiser/Sennheiser-CX300-II-Precision-Headphones---Black

Just don't buy them off Ebay. You'd be 99.99% guaranteed to get fakes.

milltown wrote: »
    I can't recommend the Sennheiser CX 300s enough. Hard to beat for the money IMO. I was always sceptical reading "audiophiles" talking about such things but these do actually improve with the first couple of weeks' use.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/In-ear-Headphones/Sennheiser/Sennheiser-CX300-II-Precision-Headphones---Black

Really? At that price? I know Sony are pricey enough, but I would've expected to pay around €70 for a decent set. These just seem really cheap.

Edit - not that cheap is a bad thing, I'm just used to paying extra for decent headphones.

I have them as well - vast improvement on what comes with your average MP3 player / iPod.

Although for the gym, for running, I'd recommend something that won't shift too easily, maybe something like these

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/5019148/art/sennheiser/pmx-680-adidas-round-the.html

l_05006480.jpg

Dunno what those ones are like, but I have a behind the head pair for running, they work better than ear buds

The problem is that I do weights as well and anything behind my head will get in the way. The buds haven't been hugely secure but I don't run for any huge amount of time so don't mind correcting them.

I'll check out the CX300's though.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I used to use the CX300 and found them great for the gym - I got a set of IE6 a while ago and the sound is considerably better, but a lot more expensive too and I'd be worried they'd get wrecked in the gym... I have used them and they were fine but when I eventually get back to the gym it'll be the CX300.

But if you aren't worried about wrecking them and want a really good set for general use, walking etc, I can't recommend the IE6 enough...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Ear-Canal-High-Fidelity-Enhanced-Response/dp/B00125UBUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295731019&sr=8-1

I'd love a set of these though, can't afford for the foreseeable though...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-Image-Performance-Noise-Isolating-headphones/dp/B000WAHFBK/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1295731496&sr=1-17

Or the IE8 from Sennheiser...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-IE--IE-Ear-Canal-Phones/dp/B0012XFDWE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1295731627&sr=1-1

Its mad actually, I found the CX300 really amazing and wondered how you could get better - then I got another set of Sennheiser, can't remember the model now but they were about 60 quid, then a few months back I got the IE6 and was blown away again - can only imagine what those Klipsch or IE8's are like!

Ok I'm going to try the CX300's. I'd love to splurge on those expensive ones as well but (outside the obvious is there a point at which good headphones are wasted? I mean, the audio output of an iPhone or your average mp3 player can't be that good. With these expensive headphones, is there an expensive mp3 player equivilant?

SuprSi wrote: »
    Ok I'm going to try the CX300's. I'd love to splurge on those expensive ones as well but (outside the obvious is there a point at which good headphones are wasted? I mean, the audio output of an iPhone or your average mp3 player can't be that good. With these expensive headphones, is there an expensive mp3 player equivilant?

It depends on how you are encoding your music really, if you are going to the expense of a set of headphones like the IE6 etc I would certainly be encoding in a lossless format of some description - if an iPod definitely use the lossless compression, takes up a lot more room though - around 400mb+ for a full album, same then for a format such as FLAC which is my preferred format, but doesn't work on iPods/iPhones. The better headphones will definitely make a difference though, regardless of your choice of encoding... unless you are insulting your ears with some 128 stuff :eek:

On the MP3 player itself, I'm a fan of Cowon players because they support FLAC and also have line-in encoding etc. The sound is considerably better also than the likes of the iPods. I have the Cowon S9 32GB -

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/MP3_Players.1/Cowon_iAudio.15/S9-32GB/Cowon_iAudio_S9_32GB_MP3_Player.3754.html

The user interface wouldn't be up the same level as Apple but certainly very good and easy to use, where it really shines though is the sound quality, pisses all over Apple in that respect which is what matters really.

They've since introduced a new version called the J3 which I now want but can't have for the moment either...

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/MP3_Players.1/Cowon_iAudio.15/COWONJ3-32GB-/Cowon_J3_32GB_MP3_Player.4380.html

Actually here's a video review from the Gadget show...

And an older review for the S9, this really sells the S9 actually and talks in more detail about the sound elements.

If you've an older iPod, or an iPod classic I think, you can put an alternative OS on it called Rockbox which adds the ability to play the far superior Ogg Vorbis format and possibly even FLAC (I can't remember).

Deffo give the CXs a try though. As you say yourself, they are cheap so it's not like you're taking a big gamble with them. When I got my first iPod a couple of years ago I immediately went looking for a decent set of earbuds. I was looking at Shures and Etymotics but didn't really have the cash to splash so, based on the reviews, I went for the CXs. No regrets and when these break (going about four years so far!) I'll be getting another set or whatever the equivalent is at the time.

@Neal:
    Did you find the CXs troublesome when running?
    I've only got back to the gym last week and haven't hit the treadmill for long enough to justify bringing my own tunes yet. Should I start looking for a different set of earphones?

That J3 looks amazing. Now if only they could add a phone and a decent camera to it :p

@Neal:
    Did you find the CXs troublesome when running?
    I've only got back to the gym last week and haven't hit the treadmill for long enough to justify bringing my own tunes yet. Should I start looking for a different set of earphones?
    Ah... maybe I've just got weird shaped earlopes - they wouldn't stay in with me. I used to run on roads though, not treadmills, so don't know if that would make a difference?

• Advertisement

joker77 wrote: »
    Ah... maybe I've just got weird shaped earlopes - they wouldn't stay in with me.

Yeah, having met you I reckon that's it!
    :p

Advertisement