Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

jtsuited wrote: »
    I remember at the Anti-War protests years ago, he'd have the crowd baying for blood.

I lolled at this ^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Need to invest in an espresso machine for work. I'll probably have to fork out for it, so I'm not spending much money.

Thoughts on this? 46 Euro,

58-4236021MSA74UC728633X.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Funny you mention that. I was out in Ikea the other day (punishment for a mad night out!) and they had filter coffee for sale for €1.50 a packet so I picked up a packet even though I don't have a coffee machine. I do however have one of these...

2162987_f260.jpg

Tried to use it and the results weren't great. The OH said I was using it wrong, and that I needed to use more coffee. So I did, and it actually tasted nice. Only problem was that it was 9:30 at night. I think I had the equivalent of about 4 expresso's. Needless to say, I didn't sleep that great that night.

I made it the same way the next morning, and I was a jittery as fook for the first hour of work.

I think I need to invest in a proper machine. I know I mentioned it before, but I was looking at ones that cost an arm and a leg. I really don't want to spend mad money though.

Any reasonably priced espresso machines out in Ikea?

Have never been out to it

Don't think they do small appliances like that. It's more fixtures and fittings.

It's an absolutely huuuge place, and the prices are amazing too. Even the food is decent quality really inexpensive. Hotdog and Coke is €1.

If you were just starting off in a new place you'd be mad to go anywhere else.

I hate going out to it though as she goes a bit nuts. The whole top floor is fitted out as mock rooms with all the stuff laid out and then you head downstairs to the warehouse to pick up the flatpacks and whatever else and then off to pay. Always end up walking around for ages. Not my cup of tea (or coffee) at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Have to agree Baz-bought a place last year and quickly fitted it out with fairly decent stuff from Ikea-Got a nice range of shelves which take the records perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Yo Baz, you mentioned a Balti recipe before. Any chance you'd care to send it on? I was in one of those Asian supermarkets in town yesterday grabbing some bits and pieces and remembered you mentioned something about a recipe before......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

So, has anyone seen Catfish yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Espresso machines are you one of those things you never bother to use. Get a french press, takes half the effort and makes grand coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have a Lidl normal coffee machine, nothing extraordinary, but I'll drink crap just about as bad as the knackertrash I listen to:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Espresso machines are you one of those things you never bother to use. Get a french press, takes half the effort and makes grand coffee.

GTFO. My espresso machine is used at least twice daily.

My espresso machine is used at least twice daily.
    That explains an awful lot!

So, has anyone seen Catfish yet?
    Yes, saw it over Christmas. Worth a watch, pretty odd.
    Watched True Grit during the week, was only alright - I'd been expecting a lot more I suppose. Last night I watched Animal Kingdom - would recommend that - very well made.
    I use my espresso maker regularly at home, but it's a stove top one. Don't have a stove in work though.

joker77 wrote: »
    Yes, saw it over Christmas. Worth a watch, pretty odd.
    Watched True Grit during the week, was only alright - I'd been expecting a lot more I suppose. Last night I watched Animal Kingdom - would recommend that - very well made.

Watched Catfish last night and still scratching my head as to how much is set up. Well worth a watch though…

Btw, did anyone see Bertie on Primetime last night. The fooker still has the balls to say he had nothing to do with the collapse of the country's economy. I know I shouldn't let it annoy me but fook me what a cünt nugget…

Btw, did anyone see Bertie on Primetime last night. The fooker still has the balls to say he had nothing to do with the collapse of the country's economy. I know I shouldn't let it annoy me but fook me what a cünt nugget…
    Didn't see it but they mentioned it on the radio this morning. Basically he said that the country was fine when he left. Ha. Some neck.

It's like lighting the fuse on a bomb and handing it to someone else and then saying you've nothing to do with when it goes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Well i tell you i almost died inside this morning listening to newstalk,

Report from Cork about Martin's win as new FF leader & asking local would they vote FF now, one aul dear replied,

'Well yes because eh, em, we trust them because eh, em, they are traditional'

I lost a lot of will & drive for a while this morning, thinking that some people in ireland are so lacking in intelligence they will actually return a rise in support back to this shower of crooks based on that.:(

Eamon Scanlan, FF TD of Sligo said when backing Eamon Ó Cuív for the leadership battle that Eamon “is a hard worker and he is the grandson of Éamon de Valera, our founder.” Absolutely nothing about being right for the job, only that he is related to somebody…

Fúckthiscountry…

Eamon Scanlan, FF TD of Sligo said when backing Eamon Ó Cuív for the leadership battle that Eamon “is a hard worker and he is the grandson of Éamon de Valera, our founder.” Absolutely nothing about being right for the job, only that he is related to somebody…

Fúckthiscountry…

Sorry, once i regained my composure i have a greater want now to counter this kind of nod & a winkery bullsh.it, Fúck FF.

But just look at the likes of Michael Lowry, all his scandals and yet he constantly tops the polls in his constituency.

People don't give a sh1t about previous so long as there own interests will be looked after.

• Advertisement

FF could have the pope running, they're still set for a drubbing, especially in the large urban centres.
    Martin sat in the cabinet which presided over the debacle we find ourselves in

Only way to stop this is electoral reform......and that means no more tiny multi-seat constituencies.

We need between 40 and 50 elected officials running the country in the purely national interest. End of story.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    People don't give a sh1t about previous so long as there own interests will be looked after.

Not all people, i certainly wouldnt be going looking for something to be done for me by any of the FF'ers or FG'ers as they are all sharks in my constituency, their previous is exactly what has lost them votes or respect from me.
    Add to this then that support given to the decisions in dail eireann in the 'National Interest' as long as they were looked after also shows lack of credibility, honesty, integrity.

These things are what makes up a lot of peoples minds not just being looked aftter with a wink & a nod
    .;) *Nod*

sickening to the core, theres too strong a chance FF will be back in govt for my liking, way too much spin in the media etc & i think they have pulled a v big stroke in the last two weeks on the bible bashing brigade. I hear North Korea is quite diplomatic these days?

The most sickening thing about this whole debacle, is that in watching the politicians on the telly the past three weeks, the only ones I have found to not be talking absolute populist nonsense have been FFers.

To somebody like me who despises those cúnts with every fibre of my being, that's quite an indication of the strength of the alternative.

Fine Gael seem just like a remedial class version of FF, Labour are chomping at the bit to get into cabinet seats (let's not forget that stupid bint Burton), and the extreme left parties will trainwreck the economy in the interest of the common worker.

Adams is going to be an opposition TD along with the FFers in the next Dáil. This is actually going to be a far bigger joke than the situation now.

At least in the John Bruton rainbow coalition days, there were good brains in there like Dick Spring etc.
    Now we're going to have the Bertie-Harney axis of incompetency and greeed replaced with the Kenny-Burton axis of just down right stupidity.

sickening to the core, theres too strong a chance FF will be back in govt for my liking, way too much spin in the media etc & i think they have pulled a v big stroke in the last two weeks on the bible bashing brigade. I hear North Korea is quite diplomatic these days?

I think you can rest easy on the chances of FF being in Gov.
    The in coming goverment are going to be hated in a short space of time as they are on course to continue the cuts etc in accordance with the deadlines set by the EU commission to do it.
    But if lets say FG made a pact with FF to keep Labour out they would lose massive amounts of support by allowing them their foot back in the door when the majority dont want them in.
    FF are gone this time round & it will take them a long time to build their party back up to 70+ TD's again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

The most sickening thing about this whole debacle, is that in watching the politicians on the telly the past three weeks, the only ones I have found to not be talking absolute populist nonsense have been FFers.

Sad, but true. The alternatives to FF genuinely scare the bejebus out of me.

Only way to stop this is electoral reform......and that means no more tiny multi-seat constituencies.

We need between 40 and 50 elected officials running the country in the purely national interest. End of story.

Agreed-though if that is the case much more power will need to be devolved to local politicians (how many calls to TD's deal with small local issues, at least 90% I'd bet)

and the extreme left parties will trainwreck the economy in the interest of the common worker.

Have i missed something here:confused:

Is the economy not already trainwrecked?

I think when the IMF are allowed in to provide the funding & the private banks losses are covered by the entire population the present government has done it all as bad as it can be TBH.

Im not trying to be a smart hole here but are you really that blinded by the anticipation of a return to capitalist 'recovery' that you cannot see the country is absolutley fuc.king ruined!

Also that it is not going to get any better next year or the year after or the year after etc etc, that is not scaremongering but the simple reality of deficit deadlines imposed, high IMF intertest rates & a failed system.

We are not on a path to recovery, or 'turned the corner' as lenihan said, the long game is afoot here in the entire privatisation of the state & the removal of any state control over anything.

• Advertisement

I think you can rest easy on the chances of FF being in Gov.
    The in coming goverment are going to be hated in a short space of time as they are on course to continue the cuts etc in accordance with the deadlines set by the EU commission to do it.
    But if lets say FG made a pact with FF to keep Labour out they would lose massive amounts of support by allowing them their foot back in the door when the majority dont want them in.
    FF are gone this time round & it will take them a long time to build their party back up to 70+ TD's again.

i wouldnt be so sure, the cute alter boy takes the reigns who had a tragic loss recently (no disrespect to the man), they suck this up. I know a lot of people who feel let down badly by them but will come back out and still vote for them, no matter what. They share the opinion (myself included) that the opposition aint much better. They have a lot of votes already well sewn up... when i say in Govt i mean in a coalition, sad to see where Ireland could be headed, either way in Govt/opposition they will do everything managable to strangle the country further in order to get the country headed the way they want

Advertisement