Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm sure its not going to be perfect but I am a believer in Crowdcourcing. However Baz is right the average demographic on here is not perfectly representative of the general electorate, still it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Zascar wrote: »
    I am a believer in Crowdcourcing.

Ehhhhh... I'm not.

Crowdsourcing to me is essentially this:

'Hey why would I bother getting the advice of an expert when I can get the opinions of well meaning but completely useless idiots? And if I do it over the internet it will be very Web 2.0 which means it's totally great. Right?'

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I expected you'd have more sense than that Andy. Come on, you know it has practical applications if done correctly.

Wikipedia for example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

Cheers. Must keep a closer eye on that blog of yours some good stuff on there

Cianh wrote: »
    Cheers. Must keep a closer eye on that blog of yours some good stuff on there

Much appreciated mate.

May as well put this here.

Looking for a tech-house kind of track with repeated distorted, pitched down vocals saying:

"don't go to Liverpool, don't touch the stereo"

The Wet Your Self guys played it tonight in the Pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Ehhhhh... I'm not.

Crowdsourcing to me is essentially this:

'Hey why would I bother getting the advice of an expert when I can get the opinions of well meaning but completely useless idiots? And if I do it over the internet it will be very Web 2.0 which means it's totally great. Right?'

thank you. thank you. thank you.

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I'm sure its not going to be perfect but I am a believer in Crowdcourcing.

What does this sentence mean?

• Advertisement

I expected you'd have more sense than that Andy. Come on, you know it has practical applications if done correctly.

Wikipedia for example

I'll admit I use Wikipedia to check things out but I'll put it to you like this, would you think a newspaper article was credible if all the journalist used as his source was wikipedia?

Crowdsourcing might be benefitial in areas like open source programming (I have no knowledge of that field so I could be talking out my hole) but in nearly every other area its essentially marketing speak for getting a load of people to do work for you for peanuts. There's a lot of crowdsourcing being attempted in design but in the main its an unmitigated disaster with the most insipid designs and plagarised work featuring again and again. Absolutely terrible...

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

This is a great song, love his poetic approach and the lyrics are brilliant. Ronald the 'Raygun' :D

Gil Scott Heron - B Movie

milltown wrote: »
    I can't recommend the Sennheiser CX 300s enough. Hard to beat for the money IMO. I was always sceptical reading "audiophiles" talking about such things but these do actually improve with the first couple of weeks' use.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/In-ear-Headphones/Sennheiser/Sennheiser-CX300-II-Precision-Headphones---Black

Just don't buy them off Ebay. You'd be 99.99% guaranteed to get fakes.
    Bought a set of these due to all the positive recommendations. At first I wasn't that impressed, but then realised I needed to changed the buds to the largest size, and once I did they worked great. Quite an impressive sound for the price.

I've used them in the gym a few times and they worked perfectly. And I've gone for a run twice with them. First run was fine, but they kept slipping out on the second run, but it was absolutely lashing out so maybe that had an affect, so the jury's still out on that one. But overall, very impressed.

dublinhipsterberks.tumblr.com

Out of curiousity Frankie, do you know many of the people on that tumblr page?

Out of curiousity Frankie, do you know many of the people on that tumblr page?

About 5 or 6 yeah, Dublin's a very small place.

146996.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

My friend posted the link on their FB. He is friends with one of the guys in the photos who replied:
    "unsurprisingly i WAS thinking about 'bumming' someone"

Definitely needs an email address. I know a few people who deserve to be on it

Sin É is closing down? That's bollox.

The only thing I don't like about these anti-hipster blogs is how inherently homophobic they seem to be. It's only really in those anonymous internet scenarios when there's no social repercussions people really reveal how bigoted they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Sin É is closing down? That's bollox.

The only thing I don't like about these anti-hipster blogs is how inherently homophobic they seem to be. It's only really in those anonymous internet scenarios when there's no social repercussions people really reveal how bigoted they are.

It's pure cowardice-there is indeed a homophobic undertone (the was a good article in the Guardian about this a couple of weeks ago)
    Still if you let small minded bigots get to you, they've won.

• Advertisement

Lads, for anyone who has an iPhone, Android or Blackberry - you have to get this app - its brilliant: www.whatsapp.com - essentially its a messaging service that gives you free texts to other whatsapp users. However it's so much more than that - its really an instant messaging service over the data network. Way better than Mebo or Skype or anything like that I think. You don't even need to register, and you don't have to know who else of your friends use it and add them - it automatically knows from your address book - you just log in and see a list of contacts, easy. You can also transfer pictures, music & video. I'm really impressed. Its reallly getting popular now so once most people are using it, no more paying for texts to your mates etc!

Also, there is another app called www.viber.com - only available for iPhone right now but coming to Android next month. Free calls to other Viber users. Again, better than skype and really well integrated into the phone - you don't really have to use a seperate apps as it replaces your standard call-app - so find the contact you want to call, if they have viber the call is free, if not, its a standard call. I have not used it but aparently the call quality is brilliant. Viber is actually soon to add text messaging, like WhatsApp so then you'll have free calls and messaging to everyone that uses it, which I'd say will be most people not too long...

The networks must be sh1tting themselves...

francois wrote: »
    It's pure cowardice-there is indeed a homophobic undertone (the was a good article in the Guardian about this a couple of weeks ago)
    Still if you let small minded bigots get to you, they've won.

Nah, doesn't really get to me, just kind of makes me disappointed in society. I thought these days bigots etc were the minority, but these kinds of things show that they're not.

Nah, doesn't really get to me, just kind of makes me disappointed in society. I thought these days bigots etc were the minority, but these kinds of things show that they're not.

Hmmm, I think there needs to be a bit perspective about it... A fellah making a couple of viz style jokes on a website about trendy young kids doesn't represent a bigoted majority.

There are true bigots out there. I'd class this in the same vein of humour as Jimmy Carr. You laugh when you know you shouldn't and I think the guy's views aren't really reflected in what he's saying - he's saying it for comedic effect. The guy is obviously familiar enough with the aethetic of the young trendy websites and taking the piss accordingly

True Bigotry you'd see if you held one of those nights in a country hall...

Yeah, that is very true alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I would agree. But the same homophobia emerges when men do anything outside of the accepted sphere. Fashion, dance, etc. It's an automatic reflex. Like girls calling eachother "fat bítch" when they get into an argument, even if they weigh 10 stone between them.

Thats why I liked the guys reply. He just shrugged it off.

Thats why I liked the guys reply. He just shrugged it off.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

milltown wrote: »
    Yeah I saw that the other day. I think it was post of the day.

Unbelievable stuff. Seriously brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Seen this?

Apple's iconic 1984 Super Bowl ad to launch Macintosh:

Motorola's Super Bowl ad this year to launch Xoom

That Xoom yoke is getting some good reviews - but 800 bucks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

Advertisement