Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    I much prefer David Blaine. The most impressive thing about him is that for that holding his breath trick... there was no trick!

I can't stand him, he annoys the bejasus out of me. The drawling, trying too hard to be cool mannerisms he has really put me off.
    jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Seems like a very humble, fascinating guy.

Oddly enough I always thought he seemed like a total twunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

heard that a good while ago. rumour has it that the year before last, diddy was spotted hanging round various 'credible'(to an extent) techno nights in Europe.

spotted trying to score some wild cat at a rave in Ballina..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Advertising has came a long way, but this is absolutely hilarious, and would be appreciated on todays TV

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads just another bit of spamming here - not for myself but for some friends....

Giles & Conky are kicking off a new night called 'Torque' in the newly refurbished basement of the Mercantile on Dame Street. For some who may remember, this is the same venue that used to the infamous "Sides D.C." (1986 – 1996) - I'm told it's a nice intimate little venue with a pretty nice sound system!

It's kicking off this Saturday and entry is FREE! DJ's on the night are Al Keegan, Citizen & Black Blue Nun - with support from Giles & Conky

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=182663771771931

If you are looking for somewhere to go on a Saturday night this is definitely wroth checking out!

Expect hordes of old skoolers complaining about the place looking too nice and the punters lookng too middle class 'cause back in their day the place was bleeding rapid and everyone who wasn't getting stabbed was on a good buzz and mad out of it!

finally a place i can smoke heroin on a saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Expect hordes of old skoolers complaining about the place looking too nice and the punters lookng too middle class 'cause back in their day the place was bleeding rapid and everyone who wasn't getting stabbed was on a good buzz and mad out of it!
    jtsuited wrote: »
    finally a place i can smoke heroin on a saturday night.
    You're confusing Sides with the Asylum lads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Do I remember you saying you had played there Baz?

potayto potahto.

potayto potahto.

Is that the DJ Slipmatt tune. That's a fookin' quality track! I remember I used to always hear that tune when I was mangled on the white doves. It's all poncy sh¡t now…

Is that the DJ Slipmatt tune. That's a fookin' quality track! I remember I used to always hear that tune when I was mangled on the white doves. It's all poncy sh¡t now…

Here here.....I remember one night we started boozing and taking mad bastards at 7 out in tallaght. Got into the ASYLUM at 4 in four in the morning, and one of the lads (chiseler donnelly - you might remember him android, big lad, really close together eyes - haven't seen him in years) set his leg on fire trying to cook up.

Ended up in some gaff in Wicklow with about 80 people round a 2x5watt ghettoblaster listening to that tune over and over.

You went to the Asylum Jeff! I thought that was well before my time, and yours I assume. When did it close and how old were you?

facepalm.jpg

statlerwaldorfj.jpg

ugh, lol facepalm indeed. this hangover is not doing me any favours at all this morning
    haha

Zascar wrote: »
    "Sides D.C." (1986 – 1996)
    You went to the Asylum Jeff! I thought that was well before my time, and yours I assume. When did it close and how old were you?
    Jeff is about 25? Do the maths Colly.

Do I remember you saying you had played there Baz?
    I wish. I actually only went a handful of times.
    It turns out that my friends' wifes' uncle actually owned the place. If only I'd known her back then! Probably still wouldn't have gotten to play there! Ha. But I would've gotten in for free at least.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Jeff is about 25? Do the maths Colly.
    depressingly i turned 27 last week........hence the whole 'get my life in order' panic of the past while.

• Advertisement

depressingly i turned 27 last week........hence the whole 'get my life in order' panic of the past while.

Ah so you were 12. Plenty old then.......well maybe for the Asylum.

Here here.....I remember one night we started boozing and taking mad bastards at 7 out in tallaght. Got into the ASYLUM at 4 in four in the morning, and one of the lads (chiseler donnelly - you might remember him android, big lad, really close together eyes - haven't seen him in years) set his leg on fire trying to cook up.

Ended up in some gaff in Wicklow with about 80 people round a 2x5watt ghettoblaster listening to that tune over and over.

Ah chiseler, there's a name I haven't heard in years. Lovely bloke and always there beside you with a knife if you got into a scrap. It was gas the way he used to headbutt all those students. Was he stabbed or did he od in the end?

I think the gear did him in in the end.

Thought the Asylum might have gone on longer than Sides though, was not sure. Still I had visions of Jeff running around the Asylum as a teenager lol - I knew a couple of people who said they had been in there despite being under 18. Quite the eye opener to a teenager of that era I'm sure!

Has there ever been a thread describing the debauchery that went on in these clubs? Would be good for the lulz. I'm sure the old skool thread is full of stories of those places but I'm not trawling though thousands of posts.

I think the gear did him in in the end.

Ah sure like Chiseler used to say
    CAST A COLD EYE ON LIFE, ON DEATH
    HORSEMEN, PASS BY!

Remember it was in that happy hardcore tune 'Irish Death Booge' by Lankey and P¡sspot? He was always singing that! Quality tune. I used to always hear it when I was mangled on charlie…

Has there ever been a thread describing the debauchery that went on in these clubs? Would be good for the lulz. I'm sure the old skool thread is full of stories of those places but I'm not trawling though thousands of posts.
    I think most of the stories are within the first few pages, just a load of repetition and Youtube links after that, just a load of repetition and Youtube links after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

potayto potahto.

Thats why your a starving journalist, you have to do your research jeff.
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ah so you were 12. Plenty old then.......well maybe for the Asylum.

Ahh now thats just silly, the youngest lads i ever seen in there were 13 years old from oliver bond.....12 come on now:D

(i sh.it you not on that one)

I can see you have been performing your Mod duties with great diligence colly.

There is loads of great (or bad) story's i could pull a few links out for ya's if ya want?

If not please dont all crash boards trying to all reply simultaneously with venom:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Yea there's no need for another thread - the Asylum/Oldskool thread is the most read / most responded to one in this forum by a country mile. It's all in there, just have to read it.

If you go digging, there's some absolute gold in there in terms of music and stories.

Start a new thread entitled 'crazy stories from back in the day' or something, and get all the lads in the Old Skool thread to throw in their 2 cents, would be good for a laugh! Jonny will have some crackers no doubt!

• Advertisement

joker77 wrote: »
    Yea there's no need for another thread - the Asylum/Oldskool thread is the most read / most responded to one in this forum by a country mile. It's all in there, just have to read it.

If you go digging, there's some absolute gold in there in terms of music and stories.
    Ah right ok. I'm too lazy and hung over today.

Advertisement