Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Ahh now thats just silly, the youngest lads i ever seen in there were 13 years old from oliver bond.....12 come on now:D

(i sh.it you not on that one)
    Ah 13 is a bit young, I didn't start going to raves until at least 16 and a quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Zascar wrote: »
    Start a new thread entitled 'crazy stories from back in the day' or something, and get all the lads in the Old Skool thread to throw in their 2 cents, would be good for a laugh! Jonny will have some crackers no doubt!

Oh how times have changed, once it was spit, venom & all round vitriol if any old skooler even peeked outside the ASYLUM thread, nows it,

'Come on over here where the fire is warm & tell us your tales of past'

I'll tell ya in SIDES at the new night being run how it used to be & what used to be there and what happened over here..............etc:D

Awaits to be scalded.

Start a new thread entitled 'crazy stories from back in the day' or something, and get all the lads in the Old Skool thread to throw in their 2 cents, would be good for a laugh! Jonny will have some crackers no doubt!
    You're a mod - just rename the asylum thread to that for a while :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hahaha we could actually have some fun with that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Hahaha we could actually have some fun with that...

Me dont like the sound of it:(:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Class.....read through it if you have time. :D

http://www.419eater.com/html/joyce_ozioma.htm

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads has anyone seen how you can now go and create your own chart on www.junodownload.com ? Example: http://www.junodownload.com/charts/dj/976710-Jethro/471473-Chart/ May be old news but I've only just seen it. Kinda nice idea cause you can easily create a top 10 and share it with people where they can easily listen to all of the tracks. Good idea on Juno's part. I think Beatport tried something similar but was not nearly as good. Possibly an idea for a thread, without being full of youtube videos!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

anyone else miss Salad Fingers?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Balls... I just tried to upload a track which is 16 minutes on YT but its been rejected, seem to have lost the privilege of unlimited durations :(

Balls... I just tried to upload a track which is 16 minutes on YT but its been rejected, seem to have lost the privilege of unlimited durations :(
    they probably looked at it and said "oh no, not another stairway to heaven cover" :p

IT'S BEER O'CLOCK, time to enjoy the weekend \m/

• Advertisement

old gregg wrote: »
    they probably looked at it and said "oh no, not another stairway to heaven cover" :p

IT'S BEER O'CLOCK, time to enjoy the weekend \m/

Yeah but it was an unreleased version with a 25 minute build before it kicked in!

Indeed, time to enjoy is right... think I'll get completely sht faced tonight and curl up in a stoned, drunk mess on the floor at around 4am with some mind bending electronica in the background! :pac:

Yeah but it was an unreleased version with a 25 minute build before it kicked in!

Indeed, time to enjoy is right... think I'll get completely sht faced tonight and curl up in a stoned, drunk mess on the floor at around 4am with some mind bending electronica in the background! :pac:
    sounds the way to go mate. I'm on cooking duty for next week so 1st can o' German pils started, Rammstein belting out of the kitchen stereo and the spag boll started, maybe kick back around 9 or head out. I love fri nights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Funny how drinking for 12 hours gets you way drunker than drinking for a normal night out duration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Funny how drinking for 12 hours gets you way drunker than drinking for a normal night out duration.
    I find the opposite, and whats more, the hangovers are far more pleasant when I start earlier,

sometimes I think it comes down to the way you're dressed. If you're in a track suit then your body knows you are in stamina mode and allows you to drink for 12 hours easy. In a Ralph Loren polo, yellow cotton jumper over the shoulders and casual beige slacks the best you'll do is 3 G & T's and be home in time for the late late.

old gregg wrote: »
    sounds the way to go mate. I'm on cooking duty for next week so 1st can o' German pils started, Rammstein belting out of the kitchen stereo and the spag boll started, maybe kick back around 9 or head out. I love fri nights :)

Yeah you can't beat Friday nights... first episode of the Sopranos recorded to watch now in a bit and then I'm planning to buzz off my decks for a couple of hours. Quite different to Fridays of the past but enjoyable none the less :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Yeah you can't beat Friday nights... first episode of the Sopranos recorded to watch now in a bit and then I'm planning to buzz off my decks for a couple of hours. Quite different to Fridays of the past but enjoyable none the less :pac:

Why not record and post a mix? Show us how it's done like.....

ianuss wrote: »
    Why not record and post a mix? Show us how it's done like.....

Ha - I certainly wouldn't be showing anyone how its done, rusty as could be these days! Plus I don't even have a way to record mixes at the moment.

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent place in Dublin to get a couple of prints framed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'm loading some stuff onto my ipod here and browsing the track of the day thread at the same time and out of curiosity started searching itunes for the tracks posted. Amazingly, I'd say more than 80% of them are there.
    Even with my monthly 25% off code from Beatport, there's a healthy saving to be made by paying 99c per track instead of upwards of €2 on BP.
    Is there any reason not to shop there?

Never bought from iTunes but I think I remember someone saying they sell lower bitrates, 192kbps iirc.

That's it. I knew there was something I was forgetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

iTunes sells 256 AAC, which is 320 mp3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

iTunes sells 256 AAC, which is 320 mp3.

So is there any good reason not to buy tunes there, as long as you're not buying wavs from BP/Juno/WPP?

Season 2 of The Ricky Gervais Show is spectacularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

indeed it is.

new Radiohead album out in May, http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/ my credit card has been flogged into action and if a tour ensues then it will be brought to its knees as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

http://finegael2011.com/valentine.asp

Check this out on Valentine’s Day… seriously these cüntnuggets are going to be running this country. Think about it…

Advertisement