Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I think I'm gonna give my first preference to the Workers Party candidate in my constituency. From the boards poll it seems he's in with a good chance of getting a seat, and seeing as it's inevitable that Fine Gael are going to get into power, hopefully with a good few Labour ministers to stop them getting Blueshirt thoughts, I think the best thing we can do is get as many opposition voices in the Dáil. Joe Higgins was great at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

joker77 wrote: »
    He was all about the 'citizens' wasn't he? Martin is a right sly smug fúcker, Gilmore is all bluster, and Kenny is just beige. Gormless John was measured but he must know the end is nigh

I actually thought Gormley got the most out of it as he didnt come across to be bickering or looking for soundbytes, still cant forgive em for propping up FF for so long.
    I think I'm gonna give my first preference to the Workers Party candidate in my constituency. From the boards poll it seems he's in with a good chance of getting a seat, and seeing as it's inevitable that Fine Gael are going to get into power, hopefully with a good few Labour ministers to stop them getting Blueshirt thoughts, I think the best thing we can do is get as many opposition voices in the Dáil. Joe Higgins was great at that.

Sure you may aswell vote for labour so as they have been taken over by the workers party & have instilled their autocratic style over it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I actually thought Gormley got the most out of it as he didnt come across to be bickering or looking for soundbytes, still cant forgive em for propping up FF for so long.
    That's exactly what I was thinking, as I say - he was measured, didn't get involved in the fighting, made a couple of good points and generally came across well. I was thinking "ah maybe he's not that bad", then very swiftly afterwards "HANG ON A F*CKING SECOND, HE'S JUST BEEN IN THE WORST GOVERNMENT IN OUR HISTORY AND CLUNG ONTO POWER TILL THE BITTER END!!!"

Went mad at myself for even entertaining the idea for a split second.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I really do think I'm going to have to vote for Fine Gael.......Words cannot describe the guilt I feel about this.
    They're the only ones who are actually going to fix the health service. Granted they're doing that by knocking it down and building it back up again in the Dutch model, but that's by far the best actual solution I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I think I'm gonna give my first preference to the Workers Party candidate in my constituency. From the boards poll it seems he's in with a good chance of getting a seat.

In a poll of mainly 18-35 year old, mainly males. One of the demographics least likely to vote. Hmmm…
    I think the best thing we can do is get as many opposition voices in the Dáil. Joe Higgins was great at that.

The only problem I have with the likes of Higgins and the rest is that its very easy to say what you want when you don't have to formulate practical, workable policies.

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    I really do think I'm going to have to vote for Fine Gael.......Words cannot describe the guilt I feel about this.
    They're the only ones who are actually going to fix the health service. Granted they're doing that by knocking it down and building it back up again in the Dutch model, but that's by far the best actual solution I've heard.

I'm very dubious of Fine Gael creating "private health insurance with social conditions". Our history of regulation is really not giving me much faith in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The only problem I have with the likes of Higgins and the rest is that its very easy to say what you want when you don't have to formulate practical, workable policies.
    See Sinn Fein for the best example of this.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    See Sinn Fein for the best example of this.

Exactly, Adams was painful to watch last night.

Please dont tell me you are going to vote for fuc.king varadkar:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Got home late last night from college, only caught the last 15 minutes.

Will have a peek later on the player.

From all the media reports this morning it seems MR Adams has done quite well.

If this poll is anything to go by people are finally seeing through the sleaze that is rampant in Irish political culture.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056180395

• Advertisement

This has to be the best picture from the studio last night,

[IMG]http://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2011/02/RTÉs-Election-Debate-08-561x400.jpg[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Please dont tell me you are going to vote for fuc.king varadkar:eek:
    Out of curiosity why not Varadkar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

joker77 wrote: »
    That's exactly what I was thinking, as I say - he was measured, didn't get involved in the fighting, made a couple of good points and generally came across well. I was thinking "ah maybe he's not that bad", then very swiftly afterwards "HANG ON A F*CKING SECOND, HE'S JUST BEEN IN THE WORST GOVERNMENT IN OUR HISTORY AND CLUNG ONTO POWER TILL THE BITTER END!!!"

Went mad at myself for even entertaining the idea for a split second.

Gormley is absolutely wasted in the Greens IMO. He always comes across as razor sharp and he's a great orator. If he was leader of FG they'd clean up at the polls.

If this poll is anything to go by people are finally seeing through the sleaze that is rampant in Irish political culture.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056180395

Why are Labour the sleaziest party?

And how can people reckon Kenny won by such a clear margin? He was stiff and uncomfortable and move and spoke like he was being operated by remote control.

Adams went for populist sloganeering - total tool.

I think Gormley came out of it the best imo. He was honest and direct. Wouldn't vote for him though…

Varadkar seems fine to me. Am I missing something?

Varadkar seems fine to me. Am I missing something?

Yeah, I can't see the problem with him myself.

remember the time gormley went mental at Michael Mc Dowell during election canvassing? Hope we have some of that this election. They're all being a bit fcukin nicey nicey for my liking.

remember the time gormley went mental at Michael Mc Dowell during election canvassing? Hope we have some of that this election. They're all being a bit fcukin nicey nicey for my liking.

Martin becoming the leader has changed the dynamic in terms of the leaders trying to tear chunks out of each other (If Cowen was there I reckon it would have been an awful lot more ill tempered) and the fact that so many of the FF front bench are heading for the hills means that the opposition can't lay into them goodo style.

I'm very dubious of Fine Gael creating "private health insurance with social conditions". Our history of regulation is really not giving me much faith in this.

this is a worthy discussion..........
    The thing is, if they bring it in as planned, you'll see a major overhaul of the health system overnight (even though they're phasing the scheme in).

We've got to give up on our idea of a Cuba-type health service. We have neither the motivation (every government has failed to fix the health service and they still get re-elected in spite of the fact), nor the state efficiency to do it.

The thing is, if they bring it in as planned, you'll see a major overhaul of the health system overnight (even though they're phasing the scheme in).

We've got to give up on our idea of a Cuba-type health service. We have neither the motivation (every government has failed to fix the health service and they still get re-elected in spite of the fact), nor the state efficiency to do it.

The problem is look what happened with BUPA when Harney brought in risk equalisation, which is a major part of how health insurance is run in Holland. I don't know if FG are going to be strong enough to push it through...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

And how can people reckon Kenny won by such a clear margin? He was stiff and uncomfortable and move and spoke like he was being operated by remote control.
    Kenny’s one and only goal last night was to not fvck up. He didn’t, so he won. Sorry state of affairs but that’s the way it is.

When talking, he looked like he was trying to remember his seven times tables or the first few verses of a poem he’d learned for the Junior Cert.

Again, he was preaching to the already converted. He was paying them lip service and telling them what they wanted to hear. SF are not taken serious so why bother trying to knock at doors where you’re not even welcome. In that sense he did well. But I did cringe when he mentioned the DUP…..again!

I think Pearse Doherty would've done a better job.

I think Gormley came out of it the best imo. He was honest and direct. Wouldn't vote for him though…
    Yeah he was the calmest and most succinct, but Green policies are for richer times. And their record in cahoots with FF is dire.

Gilmore was absent in the debate.

Martin, well Martin is FF so enough said.

Why are Labour the sleaziest party?

I was revering to Adams coming second in the Boards poll in regards to last nights debate, but that might change during the course of the day. Usually the shiners get a lashed on Boards and was surprised to see him second place behind lego mad Enda :) I haven't seen the debate in full my self but will check it it out later if work permits :) and from media reports so fare they all seem to have all held there own?
    I'll just have to take your word for it as i have not seen it fully yet,but im pretty sure most of you hated Sinn fein even before last nights debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think Pearse Doherty would've done a better job.
    I reckon Doherty's media performance in recent months has perhaps shown that's it's time for Adams to move aside. I think he's gone past his sell by date.

old gregg wrote: »
    I reckon Doherty's media performance in recent months has perhaps shown that's it's time for Adams to move aside. I think he's gone past his sell by date.

Agreed !

didnt get to see all of it,
    For me i was surprised how well Enda performed, in a few points he was the one to put substance to his proposed five point plan like the idea of copying another countries health service, imo a good call.. but i agree with the comment on him looking like he was doing his best to recite his times tables.
    I was surprised at how well Adams done considering the fact he cant back up alot of his intentions with numbers, i agreed with his point about focusing on getting people to feel more united in tackling our problems together and on not another cent going to banks until some assurances are given.. but ya i feel they could have looked better with Doherty. The people he clearly targeted may not really care if some numbers do not add up..
    I was also suprised at Gormley but i think he is just saying goodbye, looked very calm and collected.. martin looked a total jinnit and gilmore just waffled

haha jinnit.

Sorry only back at PC now, Seen leo varadkar on Vincent Browne recently & he is just as much a tit as Burton,

http://www.politics.ie/fine-gael/151854-varadkar-clueless.html

Add to that that he is a smug condecending Fine Gael'er, because he knows they are about to take power & is pis.sing on us all from a height in his mind, you have my answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭francois

Free-cheese-offered-to-Fi-007.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

My understanding of nationalo health care systems is at best very basic, but am I right in saying that, under a FG government, instead of the system being funded by taxes, the people would have to pay into private insurers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Varadkar is a c u n t.

Mad to think otherwise

Advertisement