Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I didn't get that one. :confused:

The desktop pictures are set basically pictures of what is behind the monitors?
    I can do that.

What. Wear women’s clothes? I can do that as well but I wouldn't ever boast about it…

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ah c'mon Baz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The desktop pictures are set basically pictures of what is behind the monitors?
    Is that it? I guess I didn't loose so.

What. Wear women’s clothes? I can do that as well but I wouldn't ever boast about it…
    2che.jpg

Is that it? I guess I didn't loose so.

2che.jpg

tanks.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Watched a couple of decent documentaries:

Inside Job - nothing that I hadn't already thought before, but it spells out perfectly how the whole game is rigged from the inside. Asleep at the wheel financial regulators were not appointed by accident

MV5BMTQ3MjkyODA2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQxMTU4Mw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Religulous - yer man can be a bit arrogant at times, thought he was going to get a slap in a couple of parts, but it's worth a watch for some of the scenes like when he goes to the Creationism theme park

MV5BMTIxMDcxMTA3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzk5NzU2MQ@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

there's one tiny little cut-scene in Religulous that is proper funny....if i remember it correctly, it's something to do with religion being bitch-slapped.

it's an alright film, not a huge fan of yer man, but I like the way he doesn't pull punches and treats the laughable and ridiculous as just that.

Religulous is great, I think Bill Maher is pretty funny and a whole lot less arrogant than some others. Must check out that other one. I got my projector fixed and set up in my bedroom again so must get back into the documentaries again. I downloaded that newest Zeitgeist movie the other day, started watching it but it’s pretty terrible. Any others worth a watch?

On a slightly different note, I built my own computer yesterday! Despite spending my life in front of a pc and using it for a multitude of things, my computer is pretty dam old and ****ty. Started using Photoshop and Illustrator and it started creaking at the seams. So decided to get a new one – but instead of buying a dell etc I bought all the parts and put it together myself. It’s not crazy high spec, AMD Dual Core, 4GB Ram and a 512 Graphics card, but I got it all for €300 which is a bit if a steal. Had a mate help me build it. Got it up and working last night, very happy with it. Now I just need to get Windows 7 working which for some reason it doesn;t want to do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Anyone having the banter with Fine Gael deleting Facebook comments? Jeff you should be all over this. It's just like the IDJIA all over again. (or whatever the were called)

Yea the religion being bítch slapped was pretty funny - it cut to a scene with jesus getting a back of the hand from a soldier with an over-the-top slap sound. There were a few scenes like that - like when him and the 'reformed gay' guy were laughing

Have the new Zeitgiest - haven't watched it yet. Have another couple on the list - Taxi to the dark side, and Waiting for Superman

• Advertisement

Anyone having the banter with Fine Gael deleting Facebook comments? Jeff you should be all over this. It's just like the IDJIA all over again. (or whatever the were called)

Oh man, that is brilliant. They've mobilise the gay vote against them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Zascar wrote: »
    Religulous is great, I think Bill Maher is pretty funny and a whole lot less arrogant than some others. Must check out that other one. I got my projector fixed and set up in my bedroom again so must get back into the documentaries again. I downloaded that newest Zeitgeist movie the other day, started watching it but it’s pretty terrible. Any others worth a watch?

Just watched this. It's a pretty interesting short documentary about a company start-up http://current.com/technology/93013805_i-think-therefore-i-pivot-the-lean-startup-philosophy-at-work.htm

ah ffs, i knew Fine Gael would do something that would piss me off before friday.

jtsuited wrote: »
    ah ffs, i knew Fine Gael would do something that would piss me off before friday.

Ah Jeff they have the most socially regressive policies of all the parties.

In what way?
    Only things I want to see sorted in that sphere is gay marriage and abortion. And since I'm not gay or pregnant those things can wait until we're not a bankrupt country anymore.

In what way?
    Only things I want to see sorted in that sphere is gay marriage and abortion. And since I'm not gay or pregnant those things can wait until we're not a bankrupt country anymore.

In terms of their plans for stag hunting and preservation of bogs - which, eh, aren't really social policies at all.

If you ask me all the economic policies of all the main parties are like throwing sand at a rock in the hope of breaking it. I reckon the economy is so fooked anyways that I'm going to have to vote on what our policies are important to me and I find Fine Gael such arseholes in every other aspects of their policies.

give us a quick summary of their stag hunting and bog preservation stances (two things that I genuinely can't think of as being any more irrelevant).

give us a quick summary of their stag hunting and bog preservation stances (two things that I genuinely can't think of as being any more irrelevant).

Well they're relevant (to me anyways) in the fact that they are going to roll back progressive rural legislation as soon as they get into power to get the culchie vote. I'm starting to get worried about an overall majority for Fine Gael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is a strange one....

Anyone ever gigged a boxing match(competition)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

You might see it as irrelevant, but with things like this that have been discovered before they get elected, I can only imagine what legislation they could bring in once they're in power.

They're worse than FF socially, and that says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

This is a strange one....

Anyone ever gigged a boxing match(competition)?
    Won't an ipod and speakers do the job? Although that could be said for 18th, 21st etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

The social views of the policy makers become ingrained in all their policies.

Their stance against gay marriage, gay adoption rights etc shows that they have a traditional and christian view point. That may well effect how they structure social welfare payments, whether or not they reform the court systems to allow fathers to have access to their children.

It also means that they will continue to support church influence in education, which was your main reason for going for labour iirc.

It's not about stag hunting, it shows their priorities, who they're trying to please and where their views lie and to be honest, they are so regressive that I couldn't vote for them

Watched this last night - Taxi to the Dark Side

MV5BMTcxNzMxNzA3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODgyMzU1MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

The most grim and depressing thing I've seen in a long time.

Broken link mate

Works for me - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0854678/

Anyone contemplating voting FG (cough jeff cough):

Middle-class FG will defer naturally to wealthy elite

joker77 wrote: »
    Works for me - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0854678/

Anyone contemplating voting FG (cough jeff cough):

Middle-class FG will defer naturally to wealthy elite

erm, that article should get an award for stating the glaringly obvious.

• Advertisement

It also means that they will continue to support church influence in education, which was your main reason for going for labour iirc.
    It's probably the only policy of labour that makes any sort of sense to me anymore, and since it's not exactly high on their agenda, I doubt they will do anything about it before they further cripple the country with more power to the unions.

Advertisement