Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

jtsuited wrote: »
    erm, that article should get an award for stating the glaringly obvious.
    Indeed.

I'm coming round to the conclusion though that they may actually be worse than FF, impossible as that sounds.

Have to stop watching those grim documentaries, between Inside Job and Taxi to the Dark Side I'm feeling very pessimistic about the humanity of humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

jtsuited wrote: »
    It's probably the only policy of labour that makes any sort of sense to me anymore, and since it's not exactly high on their agenda, I doubt they will do anything about it before they further cripple the country with more power to the unions.

Ah Jeff, the power of the unions is pretty dead in the water at the moment and as much sympathy as Labour have with them their hands are tied in regards to how much they can capitulate to them. The big bugbear for me with Labour is the Croke Park Agreement but that is going to have to be revised. It's impossible to sustain it.

I'm going to have to vote on social policies and go Labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Ah Jeff, the power of the unions is pretty dead in the water at the moment and as much sympathy as Labour have with them their hands are tied in regards to how much they can capitulate to them.

I'm not sure I agree with that at all. Wait until any govt. tries to reduce public sector positions (beyond natural wastage) to see how much influence they still wield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Now without a flurry of conspiracy theory posts back, here is some real facts that should deter you from trusting Fine Gael, as pointed out about how they would naturally gravitate to the wealthy, it appears they have either been extremley coincidental in what postions they have ended up in or very incideous for the past 30 years to move into the postions they are now in,

Chairman of goldman sachs is currently Peter sutherland who was appointed as attorney general by Fine Gael back in 1981 by Garret Fitzgerald, during this government Alan dukes was minister for finance, his successor in that role was another Fine Gael'er by the name of John Bruton who was instrumental in the intergration of Europe & the Drafting of the EU constitution, up until only 2009 he was ambassador for the EU to the USA.

Now here we have 4 Fine Gael'ers,

1. Peter sutherland - Chairman of goldman sachs one of the biggest bonholders in Anglo.
    2. Alan dukes - Chairman of Anglo irish bank.
    3. John Bruton - Ambassador for the EU to the USA.
    4. Enda Kenny - Served as TD in governenment with all of the above.

It seems to me that John Bruton would be very closley involved in our recent dealings from across the atlantic given he is the EU ambassador, his predecessor in the fitzgerald government, alan dukes, calling for another €15B billion to cover the bondholders of Anglo (goldman sachs being one of the biggest) & peter sutherland co-ordinating it all from across the water with his old friends & the IMF to earn even higher interest rates off the state he was once attorney general for.

Now do you think Enda Kenny would be trustworthy to be over with Barosso alledgedly negotiating on our behalf?

(the question is rhetorical)

DONT VOTE FINE GAEL!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

On Enda Kenny, anybody else think it's strange that he has refused to go on the Ray D'Arcy & Matt Cooper shows even though all the other leaders have been on.

No doubt he'll be our next leader, and one thing that'll be guaranteed, he'll be given a week (if even that) before the press go for him, and I reckon it'll be real gloves off stuff.

Also, Vincent Browne made a good point last night about the fact that we, as a country, have been let down by essentially a Right wing party, and even so, it looks like we'll be voting in another Right wing party. Do the Irish people even know what they want? But that said, the Left have made a mess out of their opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭francois

original.jpg

Haha. Imagine that contraption flying into your room!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

anyone selling a audio interface and or something like an uc55e or 1d or maybe scratch them 2 and sell me ur 2d

ianuss wrote: »
    I'm not sure I agree with that at all. Wait until any govt. tries to reduce public sector positions (beyond natural wastage) to see how much influence they still wield.

Nah, their power is minimal at this stage. Look at how silent they were on the Public Sector pension cuts in the last budget

• Advertisement

Nah, their power is minimal at this stage. Look at how silent they were on the Public Sector pension cuts in the last budget

If that's the case why isn't there a massive overhaul of public sector pay and numbers?

If that's the case why isn't there a massive overhaul of public sector pay and numbers?
    Does that not have an awful lot to do with votes, and the lack thereof if anybody dares to touch them?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Does that not have an awful lot to do with votes, and the lack thereof if anybody dares to touch them?

Undoubtedly. So how can it be said that unions have very little power when they can actively influence so many voters.

And then there's the issue of job security - I used to work in the HSE, so I've seen it first hand, and the level of incompetence of some staff is staggering. Not to mention the idleness. Are their postions under any threat? No. It's a fcuking joke. How many of us had totally incompetent teachers? Everyone, I'd say. Again, no threat to their jobs. Same for Guards, nurses, teachers admin staff etc etc

Unions still remain very powerful. They should be fcuking banned. They're anti-competition and anti-value for money.

Undoubtedly. So how can it be said that unions have very little power when they can actively influence so many voters.

I would have thought it was the overwhelming size of our public sector rather than the unions that was the main issue there.
    And then there's the issue of job security - I used to work in the HSE, so I've seen it first hand, and the level of incompetence of some staff is staggering. Not to mention the idleness. Are their postions under any threat? No. It's a fcuking joke. How many of us had totally incompetent teachers? Everyone, I'd say. Again, no threat to their jobs. Same for Guards, nurses, teachers admin staff etc etc

I totally agree with the job security issue is a joke and the one place where Unions still have a major influence. I would never disagree with you on that point.

I do think there should be a distinction made though between frontline staff and regular administrative staff. Your normal administrative staff can't really be fired for incompetence once they are made permanent but frontline staff (Nurses, doctors and guards) can be. Alas, laziness is something they can't get fired for in either sector.
    Unions still remain very powerful. They should be fcuking banned. They're anti-competition and anti-value for money.

While in theory I like the idea of unions, the practical reality in Ireland has been horrendous.

Who's funding Fine Gael's campaign? Nearly every single I've visited has an add for Fine Gael.

Who's funding Fine Gael's campaign? Nearly every single I've visited has an add for Fine Gael.

thought you were married?

I do think there should be a distinction made though between frontline staff and regular administrative staff. Your normal administrative staff can't really be fired for incompetence once they are made permanent but frontline staff (Nurses, doctors and guards) can be. Alas, laziness is something they can't get fired for in either sector.

Ah, there's ways of measuring performance outside of just pure incompetence/negligence. The thing is, unions vehemently oppose anything resembling performance objectives.

As for the whole union/size of public sector - I think it's a bit of a chicken and the egg scenario.

Ah, there's ways of measuring performance outside of just pure incompetence/negligence. The thing is, unions vehemently oppose anything resembling performance objectives.

Indeed they are and it's what angers most people about the unions. Labour don't really seem to be trying to get endorsement from the unions do they. I think Benchmarking really turned a lot of people off the unions - I don't think Bertie Ahern could have destroyed public confidence in the unions more if he had actually planned to do it.
    As for the whole union/size of public sector - I think it's a bit of a chicken and the egg scenario.

I thought it was a Bertie Ahern scenario

thought you were married?
    No not married. But well spotted. :)

• Advertisement

Supposedly it's a dirty tricks campaign involving another party:

Fine Gael are a bunch of lying hateful little twunts

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

michael martin is the most horrible arogant sleezbag there ever was, just after watching him do an interview on rte news :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

michael martin is the most horrible arogant sleezbag there ever was, just after watching him do an interview on rte news :mad::mad:
    too right, I saw that and can't remember when last I wanted to punch someone so much :mad::mad:

Vincent Browne was on form last night. Absolutely tore shreds off some of them. Hilarious stuff.

Vincent Browne was on form last night. Absolutely tore shreds off some of them. Hilarious stuff.

Too busy watching Step Brothers last night. Great film!

Too busy watching Step Brothers last night. Great film!
    Ah ya missed out. He was brilliant. Called them out on every wishy washy statement. Made Hanafin read out a paragraph from the next days paper like a schoolteacher scolding a naughty child, and called her up on the €750 million payment that FF made to un-guaranteed bond holders.He also made James Reilly (FG) hand him their party manifesto so that he could point out where the word "Unilaterally" appeared, and tore into Trevor Sargent too.

I've never seen Stepbrothers. Tbh, the whole Will Ferrell thing kinda passed me by.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Does anyone else think we should have a separate politics thread?

Zascar wrote: »
    Does anyone else think we should have a separate politics thread?
    Or even a separate politics forum.......oh wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

ha - yea I think there's no need for a separate thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It's just getting a little bit boring is all. Threads like this should be a place to come to escape the constant barrage of politics chat everywhere else. It was the 'Random Thread' to begin with after all...

Advertisement