Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Colly, why do you want a separate thread?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Didn't like Step Brothers much myself. Will Ferrell is very hit and miss for me. Anchorman is one of my favourite movies ever, he's great in some others like Zoolander, Old Skool & Elf - but I did't like Talladega Nights, Blades of Glory or Semi Pro much.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Colly, why do you want a separate thread?
    Ah it's just a suggestion really. The reason people discuss politics here instead of on the politics forum is (I assume) because people generally prefer to discuss this stuff with people they already know or chat with online regularly. There are many people here with a strong interest in politics and it seems to be completely dominating the Random thread recently - so I thought having a separate thread could work well. Up to you guys really but it just seems like lately anything random in the random thread it just getting in the way of the politics discussions. Up to you guys fire ahead if you think it might work

Zascar wrote: »
    Didn't like Step Brothers much myself. Will Ferrell is very hit and miss for me. Anchorman is one of my favourite movies ever, he's great in some others like Zoolander, Old Skool & Elf - but I did't like Talladega Nights, Blades of Glory or Semi Pro much.
    That's the spirit Colly, keep the subjects moving! ;)

And also answering my question before I aske them is good too.

Ferrell's character in Eastbound and Down is very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Blades of Glory and Elf are classic. I had seen Stepbrothers and hadn't thought too much about it but I really enjoyed it last night. I think I was just in the right mood for something really stupid.

• Advertisement

I watched a few episodes of Eastbound & Down the other week, yeah it was kinda funny but didn't live up to anywhere near what I was expecting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

boo Colly. Not a fan of politics or Eastbound and Down. boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i'm still addicted to listening to old clips of merchant, gervais and pilkington on xfm........proper laugh uncontrollably out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

If you want good comedy check out David Cross and Mitch Hedburg. Both very good and both have albums worth checking out.

Demetri Martin's album is good as well but his TV series is terrible…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Ah it's just a suggestion really. The reason people discuss politics here instead of on the politics forum is (I assume) because people generally prefer to discuss this stuff with people they already know or chat with online regularly. There are many people here with a strong interest in politics and it seems to be completely dominating the Random thread recently - so I thought having a separate thread could work well. Up to you guys really but it just seems like lately anything random in the random thread it just getting in the way of the politics discussions. Up to you guys fire ahead if you think it might work
    I know what you mean, but there's a General Election tomorrow, give it a few weeks and it'll calm down again. Or not actually, it could get worse...
    jtsuited wrote: »
    boo Colly. Not a fan of politics or Eastbound and Down. boo.
    Same for me - I watched the first 3 episodes I think. Major case of Meh...
    jtsuited wrote: »
    i'm still addicted to listening to old clips of merchant, gervais and pilkington on xfm........proper laugh uncontrollably out loud.
    Yea, nothing makes me laugh as much as the Ricky Gervais Show at the moment. This week's episode - Pilkington talking about how there's a beetle that looks a bit like a leaf - "Somewhere along the way, their ancestors must have had it away with a leaf" - my god we were rolling around. That is just priceless stuff.

Holy crap a violin playing robot that is incredible.

Yeah you're prob right Neal. I dunno I just seem to be one of the few people who does not get off on constantly meaning how the country has gone to sh1t and "they're all a shower of muppets". It's not that I don't have an interest in politics, I do, but I just try to avoid the barrage of constant negativity.

Can you find Christiano Ronaldo?

149479.jpg

ianuss wrote: »
    The Asimo Robot always freaked me out when I saw it first. So life like.

This one cracks me up though. Can't get get the noise of a gearhead going "werrrrrrrrrr!" when he's running. :D

Yeah it's pretty dam cool that. Also take a look at these freaky robots being used in the military. I think that since the 50's we've dreamed of such usable & humanoid type robots but its only now that the technology is getting any way good. However I'm sure it won't be long until this progress accelerates greatly and who knows in 10 years you may have your trust robot Jeeves waking you with a cup of tea in the morning having just done all your ironing. I really fcuking hope so anyway!!!

I think that since the 50's we've dreamed of such usable & humanoid type robots
    Speak for yourself. I was born in the 70's!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

I watched a few episodes of Eastbound & Down the other week, yeah it was kinda funny but didn't live up to anywhere near what I was expecting :(

Eastbound and down is over rated, ive read reports of it being the best thing since curb your enthuasiasm!! I got a few laughs out of it but gave up after a few episodes.maybe im getting too old for that type of comedy:(

as for the politics thingy, i dont think there should be a separate thread, im interested in what people from here have to say, and dont particularly like having to read through pages upon pages of drivel on the politics forum

as for the politics thingy, i dont think there should be a separate thread, im interested in what people from here have to say, and dont particularly like having to read through pages upon pages of drivel on the politics forum
    I'm the same. Plus there (understandably) seems to be a lot of agendas over there.

Eastbound and down is over rated, ive read reports of it being the best thing since curb your enthuasiasm!! I got a few laughs out of it but gave up after a few episodes.maybe im getting too old for that type of comedy

Check out It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Absolute class! You'll be calling everyone Bitches by the end of season 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

+1 on Sunny. I've watched every episode a few times since hearing about it on here and it's still brilliant. I can't understand how come it's not huge in this part of the world.

Everyone is a bitch these days as far as I'm concerned :p

As for Eastbound, bad timing, cos I'd just finished acquiring the first season around an hour ago to watch over the weekend and now a voice in my head will keep telling me it's crap even before I start.

old gregg wrote: »

As for Eastbound, bad timing, cos I'd just finished acquiring the first season around an hour ago to watch over the weekend and now a voice in my head will keep telling me it's crap even before I start.

ah never mind me i never really got that slapstick stoner comedy anyway.

on another note can anyone on here tell me how hard it is to get parking in dublin city centre.I got to be on molesworth street/beside stephens green next friday afternoon and dont know the parking situation, i assume theres load a car parks about, but ive never had to drive about the city centre before.........

I'd know nada about parking in Dublin but would always park near a Luas stop and trip in from there with some Rob Hood banging on the phones, get's you right into Stephens green

ah never mind me i never really got that slapstick stoner comedy anyway.

on another note can anyone on here tell me how hard it is to get parking in dublin city centre.I got to be on molesworth street/beside stephens green next friday afternoon and dont know the parking situation, i assume theres load a car parks about, but ive never had to drive about the city centre before.........

Setanta Car park is your man for that part of town. Nearly always spaces in it too. It's parallel to Molesworth St. - between Nassau St and Molesworth St.

Come down Dawson St, turn right onto Molesworth St, then take your first left and go down a few hundred yards, take the first right and it's on your immediate left.

cheers lads ill park in setanta while listening to rob hood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

It's just getting a little bit boring is all. Threads like this should be a place to come to escape the constant barrage of politics chat everywhere else. It was the 'Random Thread' to begin with after all...

+1

What once was an interesting, dynamic thread full of random yet interesting topics, has been invaded by page after fooking page of political waffle.

acman wrote: »
    +1

What once was an interesting, dynamic thread full of random yet interesting topics, has been invaded by page after fooking page of political waffle.

Should we just put it to a vote then? Let the people decide.....

What about a list system, first-past-the-post, or should we go with PRSTV?

ianuss wrote: »
    Should we just put it to a vote then? Let the people decide.....

What about a list system, first-past-the-post, or should we go with PRSTV?

i vote for yokes and techno

fox news do music reviews!!

• Advertisement

ah man, Eastbound is a load of bollocks as a show, watched he first 3 eps and won't go further.

Yokes & Techno too from me. Tired of politics. Eastbound has put me in a bad mood now :p

Advertisement