Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

This'll cheer you up old gregg, ya salty sea dog...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wow, that EXT Trailer. Seriously wtf

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

For the Mac Heads: http://mashable.com/2011/02/25/mac-os-x-lion-features

That is pretty dam cool I have to say. OSX has suddenly got very interesting

Actually, can anyone tell me is the multitouch thing patented by Apple? It's the only one thing I really miss when on a windows laptop over my macbook. Just the simple fact of two finger scrolling on web pages, having to click and drag is a pain in comparison. I really wish pc's had this. Is there not even some dodgey software that can enable it on a windows laptop?
    EDIT: I've just found it! http://lifehacker.com/#!5493849/get-mac+like-scrolling-and-gestures-on-a-windows-laptop sweeeeeeeet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Looks "swish", as all apple products do, and it's interesting how their laptops are becoming more like the iPhone/iPad. You'd look very cool performing all those touch gestures while you're down at your local Starbucks sipping a mocha ;)

I'm due a new laptop (cracked display enclosure on a 3+ year old Macbook Pro), but I won't be getting another mac. Great machines as they are, I just can't justify the price any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

horrified by the responses to Eastbound and Down.

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    horrified by the responses to Eastbound and Down.

Not been a good day for you Jeff…

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Jesus, I'm feckin panicked now as to who to vote for - I can't believe its today and I'm still wrestling with my decision. I've just spent the last hour or so yet again reading various policies but can't come to a final decision... and I've to go vote in the next hour as I'm gone for the day then and won't be back in time tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Jesus, I'm feckin panicked now as to who to vote for - I can't believe its today and I'm still wrestling with my decision. I've just spent the last hour or so yet again reading various policies but can't come to a final decision... and I've to go vote in the next hour as I'm gone for the day then and won't be back in time tonight.

eeny meeni miney mo........may as well tbh, it'll make fcuk all difference as the vast majority of voters will just oust one lot of centre-right douchebags for another set of centre-right gombeens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Yep, same here. Spent a good bit of time yesterday reading up about the various candidates. Then two things happened, read an article about one that a friend posted on Facebook last night, didn't make him out to be the saint at all. Then rang my Dad earlier, who rubbished another one.

Back to square one

ianuss wrote: »
    eeny meeni miney mo........may as well tbh, it'll make fcuk all difference as the vast majority of voters will just oust one lot of centre-right douchebags for another set of centre-right gombeens.
    Sad but true.

• Advertisement

It is true and indeed sad but it makes it all the more important in my opinion to vote for someone you believe in, regardless of whether the stand a chance of being elected.

Same here Joker, every time I'm decided on someone I read somewhere else that they kill kittens as a hobby or something, then back to square one as I'm against kitten-killing :pac:

It is true and indeed sad but it makes it all the more important in my opinion to vote for someone you believe in, regardless of whether the stand a chance of being elected.

Same here Joker, every time I'm decided on someone I read somewhere else that they kill kittens as a hobby or something, then back to square one as I'm against kitten-killing :pac:

feckin pinko liberal.

joker77 wrote: »

Yea, nothing makes me laugh as much as the Ricky Gervais Show at the moment. This week's episode - Pilkington talking about how there's a beetle that looks a bit like a leaf - "Somewhere along the way, their ancestors must have had it away with a leaf" - my god we were rolling around. That is just priceless stuff.

Definitely one of the funniest Pilkington moments. I genuinely spat out berocca (what a yuppie thing to do) when it started to become obvious that he once again had completely misinterpreted evolution.

jtsuited wrote: »
    Definitely one of the funniest Pilkington moments. I genuinely spat out berocca (what a yuppie thing to do) when it started to become obvious that he once again had completely misinterpreted evolution.
    ha ha ha

Yea that bit about stick insects and leaves...

Was starting to think it was scripted then though, sometimes it's hard to rationalise him being that idiotic, when he talks such sense some of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Zascar wrote: »
    Wow, that EXT Trailer. Seriously wtf
    too right wtf. A spliff, bar of choc, bottle of coke and I'll go see that for sure

Where's our day off for an election - that's what I want to know?

They expect me to concentrate on work, when there is such a huge decision to be made, and much discussion to be had on social networks and the like? I think not.

I thought that EX-T thing was real for a minute and was disgusted at the idea... very well done though!

Anyway, I'm off to vote...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yea it looks good. I'd like to see a movie like that today and just chill for the afternoon before gearing up for the evening out.

Seriously, these non-drug taking kids are wasting their youth...http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/feb/24/british-drug-use-falling

old gregg wrote: »
    yea it looks good. I'd like to see a movie like that today and just chill for the afternoon before gearing up for the evening out.

If you like that you should watch Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Episode 1
    Garth Marenghi: (sat at his desk, reading from one of his novels Slicer) Something was pouring from his mouth. He examined his sleeve. Blood!? Blood. Crimson copper-smelling blood, his blood. Blood. Blood. Blood. (Checks line)...And bits of sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Ignore who the candidates are and just vote for the party you think would do a marginally better job

I went for labour anyway. Better centre left than centre right again perhaps?

My main problem is I can't bring myself to vote for any party, after voting for the capitulating b*tches that were the Greens last go round. Voting for Labour this time round is almost as good as voting for FG.

I'm going for Independents, but that also may as well be saying "I won't have a say in the next government".

Ignore who the candidates are and just vote for the party you think would do a marginally better job

I went for labour anyway. Better centre left than centre right again perhaps?

absolutely not considering our main problem is a bloated inefficient public sector and horrendously inept public health system.

The system that we have doesn't really work. In some ways a spoiled vote is what I feel like going for - I do want to protest, but it's a weak and useless protest, so I won't be going for that.

Why does our system have to have a party or coalition that is 'in power', makes all the decisions by winning a majority vote in the house, while the rest just bicker and heckle from the outside. It just seems like a really stupid, unproductive way to do things. I don't see an easy solution - if you were to abolish political parties then representatives would just form alliances anyway, covert if needs be, to push through agendas.

It's probably not the discussion for today, today is just about getting out there and voting, even if you don't believe in the system. As a guy I follow on twitter said "Off to vote. This must be how Alan Sugar feels on The Apprentice. He knows all the candidates are rubbish, but he has to pick one "

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Anybody going to the Boys Noize gig tonight?

Fook tha' ****. We gots the Muppets doing LCD:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

scott.s wrote: »
    Anybody going to the Boys Noize gig tonight?

i would if i could find a ticket :'((((

One of the lads on my football team just posted this question on his facebook......
    "Is it true if your registered to vote and you dont den FF automatically get your vote????" :eek::D

• Advertisement

One of the lads on my football team just posted this question on his facebook......
    "Is it true if your registered to vote and you dont den FF automatically get your vote????" :eek::D

My reply to that would be:

"Is it true that you're a complete spa?"

Advertisement