Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Telematics is the way forward when it comes to car insurance - at least that way you pay based on your own driving. Not sure if available anywhere in Ireland yet but I know its being introduced in the UK anyway...

http://www.insurethebox.com/technology/what-is-telematics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Now, if there was a similar campaign but with gender replaced with say....another race or nationality, backed up by indisputable stats, do you think they'd dare launch a campaign? The white indigenous male has come full circle in terms of discrimination, for better or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Build that bridge young white guys, and get the fúck over it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

ianuss wrote: »
    Savage.....

Youve been browsing the ASYLUM thread on the sly havnt you:D

• Advertisement

Youve been browsing the ASYLUM thread on the sly havnt you:D

haha......no, I'm just old :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

The more I see of it, the more I think it's a stunt on his part.

You can't deny the fact that he's 'WINNING'!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i regularly use the word 'winner' as a derogatory term....e.g

'Look at all the fcukin winners parked up on the double yellow lines blocking the road. what a bunch of winners.'

jtsuited wrote: »
    i regularly use the word 'winner' as a derogatory term....e.g

'Look at all the fcukin winners parked up on the double yellow lines blocking the road. what a bunch of winners.'

Jesus your one 'winner':pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

haha nice.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

And people say Twitter is a load of shyte. Shame on them. It's the perfect platform for idiot celebrities to make even bigger tools of themselves. What's not to like!

Question;
    Zascar wrote: »
    And people say Twitter is a load of shyte. ....................What's not to like!

Answer;
    Zascar wrote: »
    idiot celebrities to make even bigger tools of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

we used to call pills , winners

anyone got any winners....

sheen is definetly taking the piss, look at all the publicity hes gettin, hes one of the most talked about people on the planet right now ffs, hes playing the media like a fiddle, and fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Just trying to hammer home that the vast VAST majority of driving in Ireland is done by males. It's about a 1:3/1:4 ratio. Indeed, from cursory (not hard and firm stats but I'm reasonably sure of their veracity) stats, women drive circa 25% of miles driven, and are involved in circa 36% of accidents. So per mile, women are the more dangerous drivers.

The statistic looks a bit dodge if you ask me. What type of accidents are you talking about (single vehicle, fender bender, etc...)

Here's a better breakdown of the ratios in relation to men and women's driving...

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=788126

Telematics is the way forward when it comes to car insurance - at least that way you pay based on your own driving. Not sure if available anywhere in Ireland yet but I know its being introduced in the UK anyway...

http://www.insurethebox.com/technology/what-is-telematics

I worked with a chap from crumlin about 6-7 years ago & he had what sounds like this describes on his car, it tracked his car & speed which linked into a data base of all the set speeds for any road in the country, not sure who he had it with but it is in ireland already a good while.

yeah i had a mate with one of those in his car around 2002.....thing used to beep if you broke the speed limit on any given road. Was a pain in the ass.

Weren't they for Learner/Newly Qualified Drivers only. I think they were with Hibernian…

• Advertisement

yeah think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

The head of ladydriver I think it was was on the radio talking about the statistics.

Young female drivers are involved in far fewer serious accidents than young male drivers, thus they should pay a lower premium. He did say the statistics change with age though and married women around 40 years of age are involved in more accidents than married men around 40.

There has also been general consensus that women's premiums will increase, and mens will not decrease

The statistics are there to back up the lower premiums, they wouldnt be giving them if there wasnt a proven actuarial reason.

The statistics are there to back up the lower premiums, they wouldnt be giving them if there wasnt a proven actuarial reason.

I sincerely hope that is the case....because if actuaries have been getting this wrong then frankly I don't know what to believe.

Ì don't speak Dutch but I'm prety sure this isn't a word......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

You have clearly led a sheltered life Ian.
    And never been to Amsterdam.

jtsuited wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that is the case....because if actuaries have been getting this wrong then frankly I don't know what to believe.

It wouldn't make business sense to give women lower premiums if they didn't pose a lower risk. Actuary is very complex and highly paid so a lot of money goes into ascertaining different risk levels.

They were hardly doing it just to give the wee lasses a break.

Quite a lot of good stuff in the new document: http://www.irishtimes.com/focus/2011/coalition-pact/agreement.pdf

Removing blasphemy from the constitution, abolishing the seanad and finally amending article 41.

Also having one agency for the training and development stuff in with the benefits to reduce fraud. And changing politicians pay.

• Advertisement

joker77 wrote: »
    Watched this last night - Taxi to the Dark Side

MV5BMTcxNzMxNzA3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODgyMzU1MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

The most grim and depressing thing I've seen in a long time.

I just watched it - nothing I didn't know already but it's really well put together. It really reinforces the fact that there is no such thing as 'international law' and that the reality is, 'might equals right'. And also that US is a completely fcuked up country of course.

Advertisement