Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Couple of regulars seem to have dropped out, what ever happened to Exec steve & Sean Nash???

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Steve is Travelling Asia the lucky bastard. I see his facebook updates, well jealous. Sean is still around!

It is a little tumbleweed around here these days though

Zascar wrote: »
    Steve is Travelling Asia the lucky bastard. I see his facebook updates, well jealous. Sean is still around!

It is a little tumbleweed around here these days though

Randomley quiet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I'm giving up the internet for the next 3 weeks, so it suits me fine.

Seeing as its quiet can i throw in a small political observation,

There was a lot of fanfare around Micheal Martin on his succession to the throne as leader of FF, anyone else getting the feeling that we are getting what we asked for in the election, FF are now off the media's radar & are truly relegated to the back benches hopefully to oblivion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

How's the study going Jeff?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Zascar wrote: »
    How's the study going Jeff?

not too bad but i'm still gambling on a relative miracle to get the gamsat first time round (what with me trying to learn up to 1st year university chemistry, biology and physics over 3 months at home). Feel strangely confident that I can give it a decent attempt, but certainly not expecting anything exceptional.

Next three weeks are crucial as I try and fit it altogether. Gettin the head down is pretty difficult as the last time I was studying intensely, the internet barely existed in the way it does now.

Don't mind the auld studying though. Beats the hell out of manual labour, of which I have done less than one day of in my life.

jtsuited wrote: »
    Don't mind the auld studying though. Beats the hell out of manual labour, of which I have done less than one day of in my life.

Jesus man, i sincerley have to tell you that there can be enormous satisfaction had mentally & physically in completing a days graft at something really physically hard.
    The completion of the task is very rewarding when you have put so much into it & it all comes together at the end.
    Both physical & mental work can be great & a pain at certain times, dont knock either for great personal feelings of accomplishment i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My t.Amp is acting up :( First I heard the source playing through the amp itself(????) then it faulted out. Now the right fault and clip lights come on when its powered up. If anyone has a t.Amp and has the manual to hand I'd love know what the diagnostics page says. Not at home atm and I dont know where it is anyways.

Urgh, I need this next week, will be screwed without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I'm guessing the next we'll hear about this guy will be his obituary.

• Advertisement

ianuss wrote: »
    I'm guessing the next we'll hear about this guy will be his obituary.

I have no sound here at the minute so not sure if he was being interviewed in Kenyan or english,

The whole thing looks mighty impressive except for one tiny little oversight,

The front wheel is steered by kicking it:eek:

I heard something on the radio this morning that i thought was fairly stupid,

Economics discussion & one guy referreing to 'Global GDP'.

Now forgive me if i am missing something but GDP stands for Gross Domestic Product yes? Meaning you produce something here (domestically) & then export it.

So if you refer to Global GDP would it not imply that we are exporting to other planets as Global is the reference being used to identify where the product is being produced? Earth being the domecile.

It just seems a bit daft to me but hey if you can get away with referring to banks losing billions as 'haircuts:rolleyes:' and everyone just accepts it as genuine language, i suppose 'Global GDP' can be allowed.

GDP is just a term used to describe the measure of output. There's a few different methods used to calculate it......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_domestic_product

GDP is just a term used to describe the measure of output. There's a few different methods used to calculate it......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_domestic_product

Ahh i know what it means, just that the Domestic part of it refers to where it is being produced i.e. Ireland's GDP, but if you say Global GDP it would make me think of exporting inter stellar, not really relevant ot anything i just think some of the language used can be quite nonsensical TBH,

Haircuts
    Toxic loans
    Burning bondholders
    Bailout
    European financial stability fund etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Ahh i know what it means, just that the Domestic part of it refers to where it is being produced i.e. Ireland's GDP, but if you say Global GDP it would make me think of exporting inter stellar, not really relevant ot anything i just think some of the language used can be quite nonsensical TBH,

Haircuts
    Toxic loans
    Burning bondholders
    Bailout

And when have financial terms been sensible?

Haircuts
    Toxic loans
    Burning bondholders
    Bailout

Apart from the last one, none of them are financial terms. They're just words and phrases that have become popular.

Apart from the last one, none of them are financial terms. They're just words and phrases that have become popular.

I would have said they were actually unpopular apart from the last one which would be popular around brussels as it will make the ECB even richer:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

not keen on haircuts myself :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

A Haircut is actually a Financial term (amongst others obviously :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Was over in London for the weekend, my goodness - we think we have it bad here with the hipsters, they are on another level over there.

I was introduced to the term 'Shít Clown' for them, so so apt...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Did you see anyone wearing crushed orange velvet leggings with brogues and an 80's grandad jumper? Please tell me you caused them grievous bodily harm if you did.

Hipster fashion seriously irritates me. It's like trying to look as ugly as possible as if that is somehow making you oh so ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭francois

joker77 wrote: »
    Was over in London for the weekend, my goodness - we think we have it bad here with the hipsters, they are on another level over there.

I was introduced to the term 'Shít Clown' for them, so so apt...

http://****clown.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Hipster fashion seriously irritates me. It's like trying to look as ugly as possible as if that is somehow making you oh so ironic.

I can't express how irrationally irritated I get by a fully buttoned up shirt with buttons on the collars…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Did you see anyone wearing crushed orange velvet leggings with brogues and an 80's grandad jumper? Please tell me you caused them grievous bodily harm if you did.

There were so many it was unbelievable, each more outrageous than the next, trying to out-do each other.
    The best/worst was a huge guy wearing yellow plimsols, bright blue trousers, and some kind of cape with north african colours (red / gold). It could actually have been a rug / tapestry that he'd fashioned into a cape.
    francois wrote: »
    my mate showed me that, hilarious stuff

Had a super time asides from the shít clowns, here's a summary of Saturday that I posted in the old school thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71048223&postcount=13054

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

francois wrote: »
    The funny thing is that Dublin will be home to such sights in the near future (currently, its not near as bad). And I say this because Dublin's hipster community is just a delayed mimick of the London 'scene'.... yet the idiots actually think they're unique.

I just watched it - nothing I didn't know already but it's really well put together. It really reinforces the fact that there is no such thing as 'international law' and that the reality is, 'might equals right'. And also that US is a completely fcuked up country of course.

Blackwater might interest you for a read

http://www.amazon.com/Blackwater-Powerful-Mercenary-Revised-Updated/dp/B001IWO884/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299606883&sr=8-1

I heard something on the radio this morning that i thought was fairly stupid,

Economics discussion & one guy referreing to 'Global GDP'.

Now forgive me if i am missing something but GDP stands for Gross Domestic Product yes? Meaning you produce something here (domestically) & then export it.

So if you refer to Global GDP would it not imply that we are exporting to other planets as Global is the reference being used to identify where the product is being produced? Earth being the domecile.

It just seems a bit daft to me but hey if you can get away with referring to banks losing billions as 'haircuts:rolleyes:' and everyone just accepts it as genuine language, i suppose 'Global GDP' can be allowed.

I remember two of the very first things we were thought on our business studies syllabus in secondary school was the importance of "insurable interest" i.e. I am not allowed to insure my next door neighbors house for obvious reasons and secondly that bank shares were safe as houses for a low risk investment... anyone here a school teacher?

Cheers. Must have a goo at that one. I read today that they've recently had to change their name to Xe after some scandals in Iraq and Afghanistan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I'm gonna sell my Traktor set up. 2 x Kontrol X1s, both with cases, and an Audio 2 DJ. I'm thinking €400 for the lot, it's €500+ new, and they're all in good condition, haven't used any of it for months. Holla if you're interested.

Thought I'd throw this up here before ads to give preference here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Most of you will vom at the thought of this, but if you like wading around through the mud surrounded by the scum of the country, 1st round of acts are up.

200126_10150154830945260_65633730259_8579062_4521744_n.jpg

Advertisement