Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

^^
    "Primal Scream Screamadelica"

What is this? I don't even..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

milltown wrote: »
    ^^

Also Beetroots DC77....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

€255 eh.................no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

milltown wrote: »
    ^^

It's the 20th anniversary of Screamadelica this year so they'll be performing the whole album I presume.

But fook tha' shi'! I can't wait to see Black Eyed Peas and Beady Eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Deadmau5 are good,i like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

It depresses me how far Leftfield are down that line-up. They headlined Picnic last year and blew everyone away.

That's one of the worst festival line-ups I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Sven Vath & Leftfield playing Oxegen 2011?? What the ****. It's been 3 years now since the last good dance acts played oxegen.

If instead MCD threw together some gig in somewhere like Marley Park with Leftfield and Vath - id probably go!

Oxegen - ughh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Caught them on the bounce earlier today!

attachment.php?attachmentid=150932&stc=1&d=1299622853

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

It depresses me how far Leftfield are down that line-up. They headlined Picnic last year and blew everyone away.

That's one of the worst festival line-ups I've ever seen.

Sadly it's apt as they'd be a fairly unknown act amongst the oxegen crowd. It's been a long time since Rhythm & Stealth and everybody has all but forgotten that guinness advert. I cant even envisage a decent crowd at Leftfield - unless of course MCD decide to use Phat Planet in advertisements. The only electronic music heads going here are scobs who think armin van buuren is a legend but decided to go to oxegen cus deadmau5 is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Sadly it's apt as they'd be a fairly unknown act amongst the oxegen crowd. It's been a long time since Rhythm & Stealth and everybody has all but forgotten that guinness advert. I cant even envisage a decent crowd at Leftfield - unless of course MCD decide to use Phat Planet in advertisements. The only electronic music heads going here are scobs who think armin van buuren is a legend but decided to go to oxegen cus deadmau5 is there.

Could be worse, tickets could be €250+ and The Script could be headli..... oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

It's the 20th anniversary of Screamadelica this year so they'll be performing the whole album I presume.

What the fupp?
    Sh!te, I am that old aren't I :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Any way of finding out at this stage if leftfield & primal scream are on the same day?

Oh and the stench of pretentiousness around here is over powering!

Its almost like people are just waiting for oxegen to come round to have a, looking down your ever so superior nose, whine about the festival & the people that go.

Oh and the stench of pretentiousness around here is over powering!

Its almost like people are just waiting for oxegen to come round to have a, looking down your ever so superior nose, whine about the festival & the people that go.

Ah come on Is mise, it's lowest common denominater stuff and it's going to be full of drunken teenagers. I couldn't imagine anything worse. I hate festivals anyways but if I was forced to go to one this would be at the bottom of my list. What's pretentious about saying the line up sucks my grandad's balls. It does!

Ah come on Is mise, it's lowest common denominater stuff and it's going to be full of drunken teenagers. I couldn't imagine anything worse. I hate festivals anyways but if I was forced to go to one this would be at the bottom of my list. What's pretentious about saying the line up sucks my grandad's balls. It does!

It may very well be a shít lineup, fact is that all festivals ive been to have approx 75% acts i dont want to see & there are always shít faced teenagers, 20's partiers shít faced, 30's partiers shít faced.

Granted oxegen has definetly got a younger audience but come on now, in festival that has so many stages its not hard to find the right place for your own buzz with your mates, (primal screamicon14.gif)

If your preoccupied with what the mad out of it teenagers are doing 50 feet away from you & cant find somewhere to have a blast in 10's of acres of land with loads of stages & 80000 people then yes you are being pretentious.

Im sure you would have dissaproved, as would many others on here, of the ASYLUM had you ever set foot in it but you are missing the point,

Get on with your own party with your own mates to the acts you dig, if i do go it will only be if Leftfield & Primal scream are on the same day & i'll buy a 1 day ticket & have a fúckín ripper of a time.

Fook it, call me pretentious if you want, I haven't got the heart to argue with you. I won't be anywhere near it but I've never been at it because it's always held as much appeal as giving my dead granny cunnilingus.

Fook it, call me pretentious if you want, I haven't got the heart to argue with you. I won't be anywhere near it but I've never been at it because it's always held as much appeal as giving my dead granny cunnilingus.

Now your an intelligent guy (dont get a swell head now), it amazes me that you would form such a negative opinion on something you have never experienced. I know we have to do that a lot in life by using our own common sense but to be so damning of something youve never experienced is silly.

If there is any acts you like that are playing (leftfield/primal scream perhaps) get a one day ticket with a few friends & go & see if you have a ripper of a day.

if you come away from it with the same view as you do now at least you know 100% you dont like it but you may just be surprised that you will have a blast with your mates for that day at primal scream while all the mad out of it teenagers are falling all around the place over at the black eyed peas & deadmaus.

Oh yes & im not arguing with you, just exchanging views.

Now your an intelligent guy (dont get a swell head now), it amazes me that you would form such a negative opinion on something you have never experienced. I know we have to do that a lot in life by using our own common sense but to be so damning of something youve never experienced is silly.

If there is any acts you like that are playing (leftfield/primal scream perhaps) get a one day ticket with a few friends & go & see if you have a ripper of a day.

if you come away from it with the same view as you do now at least you know 100% you dont like it but you may just be surprised that you will have a blast with your mates for that day at primal scream while all the mad out of it teenagers are falling all around the place over at the black eyed peas & deadmaus.

Oh yes & im not arguing with you, just exchanging views.

Well, I've done festivals before - I did the trip to tipp and homelands and I remember wandering around the last homelands I was ever at, fooked off my tree and absolutely miserable thinking I would never do another festival and I never did. I just hate them. Standing in a field or a tent off me trolley just has no appeal to me anymore and standing or a tent in a field sober surrounded by other people off their trolley has even less appeal. I know people love them - not for me. I'd rather pay a bit more money to see a person in a venue, get wrecked, head back to a gaff still wrecked, wake up in a bed and endure my comedown not surrounded by a load of heads.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ah it depends lads. Believe me Oxygen is pretty much my worse nightmare, being in a rainy muddy field with 20,000 scumbags getting drunk and agressive to crap music, no thanks. But the two festivals I went to last year: Life Festival or No Place Like Dome - were probably the most fun weekends I have ever had, ever. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish. The weather made it, basking in the beautiful sunshine, with all your mates and making lots more cause the people were cool, it was fantastic.

You really cannot tar all festivals with the same brush.

Well, I've done festivals before - I did the trip to tipp and homelands and I remember wandering around the last homelands I was ever at, fooked off my tree and absolutely miserable thinking I would never do another festival and I never did. I just hate them. Standing in a field or a tent off me trolley just has no appeal to me anymore and standing or a tent in a field sober surrounded by other people off their trolley has even less appeal. I know people love them - not for me. I'd rather pay a bit more money to see a person in a venue, get wrecked, head back to a gaff still wrecked, wake up in a bed and endure my comedown not surrounded by a load of heads.

Age is a terrible thing:pac:

Have to say i had a blast at the last homelands in 2000, i have a ticket stub still,

150970.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i think you grow out of festivals after a few years. The novelty wore off when I was about 21.

Weezer and Eels on the Oxegen lineup. Not bad tbf.

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    i think you grow out of festivals after a few years. The novelty wore off when I was about 21.

Weezer and Eels on the Oxegen lineup. Not bad tbf.

Ahh come on now, 21!!!, the ormond was still open when i was 21 & the party went on for at least 10 years after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Ahh come on now, 21!!!, the ormond was still open when i was 21 & the party went on for at least 10 years after that.

Just showing off your old age there mise :p

I wouldn't be a huge fan of festivals myself. Only been to 2 that I can remember, Creamfields 1 and 2. The first one was deadly, had whopper yokes and coke at that one. The second one, left early and couldn't wait to get out of it. Same as another poster I decided never again and never have.

EDIT: Any news on the lineup for Life this year? That's usually in May isn't it?

Went to Oxygen once, 2007 I think, the year Daft Punk played, which was the only saving grace. Had a horrendous time. Went to Picnic the next year instead, and never looked back. Now I don't understand why anyone goes to Oxygen.

Year after that I went to Knockanstockan and Castlepalooza etc, and had an ever more amazing time, and now I don't understand why anyone goes to Electric Picnic.

I imagine this summer I'll go to a few good house parties and wonder why anyone goes to festivals at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Went to Oxygen once, 2007 I think, the year Daft Punk played, which was the only saving grace. Had a horrendous time. Went to Picnic the next year instead, and never looked back. Now I don't understand why anyone goes to Oxygen.

Year after that I went to Knockanstockan and Castlepalooza etc, and had an ever more amazing time, and now I don't understand why anyone goes to Electric Picnic.

I imagine this summer I'll go to a few good house parties and wonder why anyone goes to festivals at all.

Knockanstockan is super. I hate festivals in general, but I had a great buzz at that one.

ianuss wrote: »
    Knockanstockan is super. I hate festivals in general, but I had a great buzz at that one.

Yeah, atmosphere is literally perfect for a festival. No bad buzz whatsoever.

I locked myself in a cupboard 7 years ago. I don't know why people bother with the outside world at all…

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Terry Cotta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Ahh wreckless all weekend partying mad out of it just aint what it used to be.

The saying 'Youth is wasted on the young' has never been more appropriate than here today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Oxygen always has a terrible line up that appeals to great unwashed.

Always tonnes of scumbags there looking to wreck your buzz and also stupid d4 **** jumping on tents whilst wearing their favourite osaka 6 t shirt.

Go to life festival, have a psychedelic experience, never look back.

Advertisement