Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Check this out before they remove it from Youtube. Nike's ad to celebrate England winning the Grand Slam.:rolleyes::D

old gregg wrote: »
    I've been occasionally attending yoga classes for the last few years, still very much a beginner.

This morning though I attended an event called 'House of Yoga' which was a 2 hour yoga class to house music. I have to say it was great fun and obviously more of a workout than the usual yoga stretches. House music on a Sun morn was just the ticket too.

Anyway, the person who runs these is doing one in Dublin next Sat, some details here: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=117057478371094&ref=ts

I've no connection with this other than as someone who enjoyed the experience earlier.

Cheers dude.

I won't be able to make that one but it's definitely something I'd check out in future.

This can't be real, can it?

for any Android users, downloaded the Soundcloud app update from Market and its now working sweetly for listening to mixes, no crashes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Initially I wouldn't have thought so, but there's an amazing dearth of comments yelling "fake" on youtube. So I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ianuss wrote: »
    This can't be real, can it?

hmmmm, i see no reason to think it's fake. When I'm making tea I throw the bag in the cup repeatedly from as far away as possible. A couple of people on here have actually witnessed this admittedly bizarre and pointless exercise in person. You'd be surprised at how ridiculously accurate you can get over a few weeks of daily tea-making.

I reckon once you have the throwing accuracy down, it's quite simple to calculate where you have to throw when you have the ball bouncing off many surfaces.

Bloody impressive but doable if you were so inclined (and had the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Had a go there trying it after watching that video, but now my kitchen floor's just covered in wet tea bags.

Also, just got onto Your Army. I'm actually spoilt for choice, it's a stupid amount of good music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

for any Android users, downloaded the Soundcloud app update from Market and its now working sweetly for listening to mixes, no crashes :D
    yeah it's a decent app mate although i haven't used it a lot.

Jaysus ive gone a bit app mad over the last while and now have over 200:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jonnny68 wrote: »
    yeah it's a decent app mate although i haven't used it a lot.

Jaysus ive gone a bit app mad over the last while and now have over 200:eek::D
    Ah Apps aren't what they used to be. I remember when they came out first they were the business, now everybody has them....there's an App for this, there's an App for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ah Apps aren't what they used to be. I remember when they came out first they were the business, now everybody has them....there's an App for this, there's an App for that.

LOL:pac:

jtsuited wrote: »
    hmmmm, i see no reason to think it's fake. When I'm making tea I throw the bag in the cup repeatedly from as far away as possible. A couple of people on here have actually witnessed this admittedly bizarre and pointless exercise in person. You'd be surprised at how ridiculously accurate you can get over a few weeks of daily tea-making.

I reckon once you have the throwing accuracy down, it's quite simple to calculate where you have to throw when you have the ball bouncing off many surfaces.

Bloody impressive but doable if you were so inclined (and had the time).

Some of the throws, particularly the multi-ball throws are just ridiculous. I mean, i get that it's possible. It's just that the amount of time required to pull these off must be literally unbelievable. Unless he's the Messi of ping pong throwing and was just born with unbelievable tekkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

jtsuited wrote: »

Truly you're a giant amongst men.

BaZmO* wrote: »

Yeah, apps have become too trendy and user friendly. Back then they were hardcore, now they are all gone poncy...

I wouldn't say that ping pong vid is fake. Same as any kid learning the guitar or the piano. Just takes an awful lot of practice and patience......oh and a lot of takes. Reminds of the Derren Brown trick of tossing 10 heads in a row. Phhnarr Phhnarr!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Think the thread needed a new name and I felt Androids comment was a suitable change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Think the thread needed a new name and I felt Androids comment was a suitable change.

just checked me email there and seen the name change, quality phrase btw android ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

ha ha - yea good rename, reminded me of this:
    That black eyed peas dirty dancing thing is worse than raping a cat. What is wrong with people? Do they hate ears?
    quote is from lcd soundsystems twitter, don't follow them myself but someone I do retweeted it

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

joker77 wrote: »
    ha ha - yea good rename, reminded me of this:

quote is from lcd soundsystems twitter, don't follow them myself but someone I do retweeted it

I am complete twitter virgin. I was in a meeting recently and there were some PR people in it talking about twitter, I swear they could have been speaking another language.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I am complete twitter virgin. I was in a meeting recently and there were some PR people in it talking about twitter, I swear they could have been speaking another language.
    Being honest - I didn't see the point of it a couple of years ago. But over the last year, I've gotten sucked in. I don't 'tweet' much myself, just read stuff, but it's great for having a direct line to people you mightn't normally have access to. Because it's all public, if you say bad sh*t about a company's product, they're kind of obliged to respond - whereas if you mailed them you might never hear back. I've used it for work, I was having trouble with a company's product - getting zero satisfaction from their support idiots, or from their forums. So instead, I saw they had a big twitter presence - got in touch directly with the engineers, and got stuff sorted. Saved hours of time dealing with their support, which is useless. I would have had no other way to get in contact directly with the engineers like that.

• Advertisement

Hardcore you know the score!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

joker77 wrote: »
    Being honest - I didn't see the point of it a couple of years ago. But over the last year, I've gotten sucked in. I don't 'tweet' much myself, just read stuff, but it's great for having a direct line to people you mightn't normally have access to. Because it's all public, if you say bad sh*t about a company's product, they're kind of obliged to respond - whereas if you mailed them you might never hear back. I've used it for work, I was having trouble with a company's product - getting zero satisfaction from their support idiots, or from their forums. So instead, I saw they had a big twitter presence - got in touch directly with the engineers, and got stuff sorted. Saved hours of time dealing with their support, which is useless. I would have had no other way to get in contact directly with the engineers like that.
    I use twitter quite a bit in my line of work - for either finding out what artists/musicians working on, or if there are any good shows/exhibitions opening, and also for getting word out about my own projects. As you say, it's a great way to converse with people that would otherwise be quite difficult to communicate with - and especially if you work in the culture sector, this can be very useful. On the other hand, if you just follow the "celebrity of the week" then you're hardly going to get a return of helpful content.

Found this earlier:

Druggie_arrested.gif?

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Found this earlier:

Druggie_arrested.gif?

Brilliant!

Meanwhile in Finland....

meanwhile-in-finland.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Found this earlier:

Druggie_arrested.gif?

Brilliant!

Freaky! He's actually bopping in time with the Sandwell mix Ian put on the FB page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Have any of yous seen the clip of the lad in Scotland that comes walking down the road some morning off his banger. There's a few road workers notice him and start recording it on their camera phone. He's an absolute mess. Very funny.

I'll do my best later to find it if no-one knows the one.

Clanket wrote: »
    Have any of yous seen the clip of the lad in Scotland that comes walking down the road some morning off his banger. There's a few road workers notice him and start recording it on their camera phone. He's an absolute mess. Very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Clanket wrote: »

Lionel???

EDIT Beaten by BAZMO by a cupla seconds ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

EDIT: Damn you Bazmo...

d2.jpg

The Ugandan tabloids. Firm but fair.

Advertisement