Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

That's the one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭francois

jimi_t2 wrote: »

The Ugandan tabloids. Firm but fair.

there has been some pretty horrific attacks on gays on uganda feulled by this and other papers-One of the foaming nutjob religious parties tried to bring in legislation to allow for gays to be sentenced for life would you believe. It never ceases to amaze me the somewhat morbid obsession religious old men seem to have with homosexuality

francois wrote: »
    there has been some pretty horrific attacks on gays on uganda feulled by this and other papers-One of the foaming nutjob religious parties tried to bring in legislation to allow for gays to be sentenced for life would you believe. It never ceases to amaze me the somewhat morbid obsession religious old men seem to have with homosexuality

It's probably because they're gay themselves.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056204506

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

It's absolute madness to be honest. Rolling stone (a different paper in Uganda than the music mag) in particular has been atrocious. This is probably the most famous video summing the mentality up

Someone was saying to me there recently it has a lot to do with the missionaries over there being of the Evangelical/Baptist/Stark Raving Loony sort from the US as opposed to the slightly more moderate, albeit child molesting, Irish/UK Priests.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is that article real though? It seems like a spoof to me.

That said, the attitudes towards homosexually in Africa (and most 3rd world countries tbf) is generally appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Someone was saying to me there recently it has a lot to do with the missionaries over there being of the Evangelical/Baptist/Stark Raving Loony sort from the US as opposed to the slightly more moderate, albeit child molesting, Irish/UK Priests.

I know two people recently who worked over there, and they said the Baptist/Evangelical NGO's that are over there are a whole world of intolerance ahead of their wackjob American equivalents.

Also, let's not forget why they're there. Bush sent them in the form of Aid in order to combat Aids (that sentence looks so silly). Which of course they're doing through abstinence awareness programs!!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is that article real though? It seems like a spoof to me.

Nope, sadly not.

22091747.jpg

ID-prtected-Ugandan-rolling-stone-paper-486x400.jpg
    That said, the attitudes towards homosexually in Africa (and most 3rd world countries tbf) is generally appalling.

Funnily enough, the further away from the Muslim/Christian world you get the more accepted it tends to be, both historically and practically.

Nope, sadly not.
    'kin hell. Shocking stuff.

Funnily enough, the further away from the Muslim/Christian world you get the more accepted it tends to be, both historically and practically.
    I suppose I moreso meant anywhere with a relatively "new" Christian doctrine

Nope, sadly not.

22091747.jpg

i once visited what would be considered one of the wealthiest first world jurisdictions where a high level professional was literally chopped up and burned for such activities.. some others were deported.. there are other similar horror stories of human rights abuses but i wont go on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

i once visited what would be considered one of the wealthiest first world jurisdictions where a high level professional was literally chopped up and burned for such activities.. some others were deported.. there are other similar horror stories of human rights abuses but i wont go on

Was it Cavan?

• Advertisement

Was it Cavan?

close enough.. but i said first world ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

can you imagine folks in Uganda sitting around and debating stuff like "ah man how come he's number one, he's not a real homo at all", "ffs there are no hardcore homos on that list", "that list is full of scenester homos" and somewhere someone will complain "no love for Tiesto on that list" :p

old gregg wrote: »
    can you imagine folks in Uganda sitting around and debating stuff like "ah man how come he's number one, he's not a real homo at all", "ffs there are no hardcore homos on that list", "that list is full of scenester homos" and somewhere someone will complain "no love for Tiesto on that list" :p

It's obviously this guy. You can see through all the poo on his face from the rampant rimming…

acid_picdump_111.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

You can see through all the poo on his face from the rampant rimming…
    if ever I wanted a new thread title to bring folks in from the front page this is it.

rampant rimming :p

Is it bad that I laughed at this:

tds-son-gets-head-trapped-in-revolving-dail-door
    TD’s son gets head trapped in revolving Dáil door

A NEWLY-elected TD is to demand the removal of a revolving door at Leinster House after his seven-year-old son’s head became trapped in it.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/tds-son-gets-head-trapped-in-revolving-dail-door-149084.html#ixzz1HX5LuwqS

Hahaha. What is it with the Fine Gaelers? Have they never been to Leinster House before? First they're driving down steps in their cars, now this! :D

angel18 wrote: »
    wow your comment was so funny I like it,
    What also works as a spy .titik.jpg..?
    I salute you

LadyHuhFINAL.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

This is absolutely hilarious. I wonder is he a part time taxi driver in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

5000!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭francois

just got this as a private message, did amyone elsr, may be worth a scam bait

**Good Day
    ***I am a lawyer here in Spain* I solicit your assistance in repatriating the sum $17,500,000USD left behind by a customer*She died in a motor accident here in Marbella* this money must be cleared from the bank before it is declared unserviceable within the next 30days* Every attempt to trace any member of his extended family proved abortive* I will give you more information upon your response to this proposal*
    Please send me a reply if you will be able and willing to assist in this transaction.

Email : juansanchez1@gmx.es

Regard,

Juan

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Nope, sadly not.

Some people in the world absolutely disgust me. How backward can a place really be?

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Some people in the world absolutely disgust me. How backward can a place really be?

You've obviously never driven through Clara...

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

**Good Day
    ***I am a lawyer here in Spain* I solicit your assistance in repatriating the sum $17,500,000USD left behind by a customer*She died in a motor accident here in Marbella* this money must be cleared from the bank before it is declared unserviceable within the next 30days* Every attempt to trace any member of his extended family proved abortive* I will give you more information upon your response to this proposal*
    Please send me a reply if you will be able and willing to assist in this transaction.

Regard,

Juan

jesus christ is that real!

can someone explain to me why some twitter names have # before them, such #citizenshiptest http://search.twitter.com/search?tag=citizenshiptest
    or #vinb

im clueless about twitter and am trying to catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

# is what's called a hashtag - it's not a person's name, it's like a topic list. Have you heard the term 'trending on twitter'? That's when a load of people you use the same hashtag - say for example #boardselectronic - if I put that in a tweet it would start a new topic called boardselectronic

The @ symbol is for a person

Wait a second, why am I trying to explain hashtags in twitter

http://tinyurl.com/4shak49

**Good Day

Regard,

Juan

Sounds legit to me. I'd definitely send them my bank account details :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

can someone explain to me why some twitter names have # before them, such #citizenshiptest http://search.twitter.com/search?tag=citizenshiptest
    or #vinb

im clueless about twitter and am trying to catch up

Putting # in front of something makes it easily searchable in Twitter, so for things like the World Cup or whatever that people are talking about, they'll but hashtags, so you can easily search for updates/what people are saying about stuff.

But yeah, google is your friend.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

#WINNING

• Advertisement

joker77 wrote: »
    # is what's called a hashtag - it's not a person's name, it's like a topic list. Have you heard the term 'trending on twitter'? That's when a load of people you use the same hashtag - say for example #boardselectronic - if I put that in a tweet it would start a new topic called boardselectronic

The @ symbol is for a person

Wait a second, why am I trying to explain hashtags in twitter

http://tinyurl.com/4shak49

im too lazy to use google :D, thought id try here first

cheers

Advertisement