Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

ianuss wrote: »
    Jeff?

Yeah, he's a major sh¡t clown.

Is this thing about hipsters trying to show their grasp of 'irony' but making up 'funny' awards and gently 'mocking' themselves?

Also is this the thing last year where people were being accused of being homophobic for calling these people cünts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

yes, and yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Also is this the thing last year where people were being accused of being homophobic for calling these people cünts?

Yeah me and Brianc27 got accused. Then Bazmo came along and saved the day

joker77 wrote: »
    yes, and yes

You know if I think someone looks like a cünt, their sexuality is never a factor for me.

I'm always going to say:
    'Yeah, look at him, he's a cünt. Jaaysus…'

And I'm never going to say:
    'Yeah, look at him, he's a cünt and what's worse, he looks like a gay cünt. Look at that cünty gayness on him. Jaaysus…'

Sexuality is never gone to be a determining factor in assessing whether I dislike the spasticated sartorial expressiveness of someone. Simples…

Indeed - shít clowns are just that - shít clowns

• Advertisement

On the colour blindness thing - it's an ongoing dispute with myself and herself as to who is colourblind. To be honest, I think we both are a little, but of course I'd never concede that to her....

One example - she was wearing a green dress. I said it was green, she said it was blue. She asked several people, they all said green - win for me.
    But orange / pinks - certains things I call pink, she says are orange, and the general consensus would say orange as well. It's a funny one, the auld colour blindness.

A mate of mine went for an eye test, did a series of colour blindness tests (the ones in the circle types). Anyway, end result was - he saw a different number than the doctor was testing for, doctor checks the charts - turns out he can't see a very specific shade of green. Perfect otherwise, just that one shade - can't see it. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    And guess who from the forum is ALREADY down as attending ;)

I clicked attending just so I know when he throws the nominees up on Facebook, no chance I'm going though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Holy ****. UCD ball line up announced. People are NOT happy. Already been some outrageous threats/comments to the Ents Officer (Jonny).

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=117236878350698
    (bear in mind its 40 quid for this muck)
    ''John McCarthy
    I would rather be convicted for raping twenty down syndrome girls than pay €40 for this ****. Jonny when I see you I am ****ing you up you fat mess.''

''Eoin Patrick Doyle
    ive seen a better line up at west brom''

''Charlie Maher
    I was hoping that when the line up came out I would feel the joy equivalent to riding a unicorn down a mountain whilst drinking from a goblet filled with the laughter of children, but instead I feel as though I have been **** on from a height. I hope you're happy
    55 minutes ago · Like ·
    93 people like this.''

They've got a 'mystic rave tent' there though. I could imagine it. Some lad belting out Kavinsky & Vitalic all night, D4s with glowsticks moshing away.

Ugh!

They've got a 'mystic rave tent' there though. I could imagine it. Some lad belting out Kavinsky & Vitalic all night, D4s with glowsticks moshing away.

Ugh!

The sad thing is that last year was bloody decent craic for 15/20 quid and at least they had some semblance of a dance stage - granted it was electro stuff with the likes of Mixhell and the Subs - but at least it was there.

• Advertisement

Holy ****. UCD ball line up announced. People are NOT happy. Already been some outrageous threats/comments to the Ents Officer (Jonny).

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=117236878350698
    (bear in mind its 40 quid for this muck)

That is a major sh¡t sandwich…

How the hell can they justify a 100% increase in the ticket price? If the likes of Professor Green & Tinie Tempah were on the bill then it mightnt seem bad.

Republic of Loose headlining? I doubt 200 tickets will be sold

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

major lols at brandon block

How the hell can they justify a 100% increase in the ticket price? If the likes of Professor Green & Tinie Tempah were on the bill then it mightnt seem bad.

Republic of Loose headlining? I doubt 200 tickets will be sold

Tinie Tempah will probably end up on the bill tbh, but it'll still be a **** sandwich. Headliner (singular) to be announced in the next few days.

Think the 100% increase was based on the Ents budget for the ball this year being halved, or so rumour has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

They're after posting the organisers mobile and landline numbers on that FB page. Poor phucker is gonna get it big style!

None of the ones posted up so far are his number, which makes it funnier if anything :D

major lols at brandon block
    Yea to be honest I don't recognise most of that lineup, but did have a little giggle at that one

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I wish I was young enough to give a shjt about the UCD ball lineup!

Just reading that Prodigy/Ian Paisley thread and noticed the original post by Bri who used to post here, nothing though since 2009 - just looked at his profile and see he hasn't logged in since then either... have there been any other old regulars that have disappeared from here for whatever reason - aside of course from the fact that its not particularly cool around here.... :cool:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=3708

I was thinking about this. I'd log on here regularly and chat away to you all but if I was to drop dead tomorrow known of you would know. It's a bit odd when you think about it...

• Advertisement

Yeah its a pretty cold auld place this internet. There were other names I noticed on some old threads a while back that you never see anymore, maybe just lose interest, dunno... or die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Ugh!

I swear to god if I see one more flyer for "UV rave, free jumpsuit for every raver" I may end up going Columbine. The lads in college started torturing me with them, putting them in my bag and stuff.
    The sad thing is that last year was bloody decent craic for 15/20 quid and at least they had some semblance of a dance stage - granted it was electro stuff with the likes of Mixhell and the Subs - but at least it was there.

It was 35 quid last year, but there was earlybird tickets. The Saturdays headlined ffs. That said, it was a glorious day so from all accounts it was good craic, and nobody paid any attention to what was on stage. 35 is a stupid price though.

I went to the one 2 years ago. Booka Shade and Japanese Popstars. Ticket was 25 quid which I thought wasn't too bad as you're mostly paying for the all day piss up, and I like Booka Shade.

I wasn't expecting any particularly interesting acts (particularly electronic acts) as UCD is hardly the centre of underground music but this is a pretty pathetic show. There's a rumour going around that the reason the tickets got bumped up is because the failure of a fashion show they put on earlier in the year lost money. Can't wait to be shot of the place tbh, won't miss a thing about it.

Right... I'm caving. Need a little help.

I've a Dell Inspiron 6000, few years old. Anyone able to tell me if the mic-in is also a line-in? (can't seem to get a definitive yes or no looking online)

I have the output from a mixer going into the mic-in - not clipping on the mixer. SoundForge (version 10) is picking it up alright, but can't seem to be able to set the record levels in soundforge - it's loud and distorted, need to bring it down.

Last time I used soundforge for this was a few years ago, and I remember when you popped up the record window, you could set the level. Where's this gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Right... I'm caving. Need a little help.

I've a Dell Inspiron 6000, few years old. Anyone able to tell me if the mic-in is also a line-in? (can't seem to get a definitive yes or no looking online)

I have the output from a mixer going into the mic-in - not clipping on the mixer. SoundForge (version 10) is picking it up alright, but can't seem to be able to set the record levels in soundforge - it's loud and distorted, need to bring it down.

Last time I used soundforge for this was a few years ago, and I remember when you popped up the record window, you could set the level. Where's this gone??

If im getting what the problem is here, the sound going into your mic from the mixer is to loud, yes?

Go to control panel, sounds & audio devices, click the audio tab, click the volume button on the sound recording with the mic, adjust the volum lower until it is not distorted coming into PC.

153385.JPG

Cheers, will give that a go. The other two questions though are is it still a Mic in rather than a line in, and how do I set the level in sound forge 10?

The pc I have has a decent sound card, with a proper line in option

Cheers, will give that a go. The other two questions though are is it still a Mic in rather than a line in, and how do I set the level in sound forge 10?

The pc I have has a decent sound card, with a proper line in option

According to this the mic socket outputs a small amount of power as opposed to the line in, which is why a mic wont work in a line in,

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080817101914AAq75zv

As for soundforge im no help on that one.

Cheers. I reckon the recording sound is going to be fairly shítty through the laptop. It's major hassle to move the decks to where the PC is though... her indoors will have to be out of the house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Think this was mentioned (and by mentioned, I mean slated!) here last year lads, and it's back again!

I present to you, the South William VVIP Awards!
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=188829691135003

No Spy anymore to flaunt in though!

Scary stuff!

I have fully 51 Facebook friends and yet when I hover over some of the names on that page I'm told I have mutual friends with some of these half-tards.

That's not even including our hipster-in-residence!

Just hearing the news this morning,

Guy called 'Miguel D'Escoto Brockman' was approved by nicaraguan Gov to represent Libya at UN to try & bring a peaceful resolution to the war being waged in Libya, he has been rejected on Visa grounds by the US,
    Nicaraguan asked to represent Libya at UN

Then i hear Obama has announce that the US may lend 'covert assisstance' to the liyan rebels in their fight against Ghadaffi, meaning the CIA will now be advisors, trainers & directors of the war.

The would be rulers of libya would do well to observe history when the move has been made in other countries by the US to assisst & or arm them, it suits the US presently to do this but somewhere down the road they will be fixed in the crosshair to be removed so they can exercise greater control & access to the countries natural resources.

Zbigniew Brzezinski now Foreign Policy Advisor to President Obama training Usama bin laden,

Zbigniew-Brzezinski-with-Osama-bin-Laden-a-CIA-Black-Ops-Asset-for-False-Flag-Terrorism-against-the-American-people-on-911.jpg

bin_laden1.jpg

Rumsfeld & Saddam,

rumsfeld-saddam.jpg

saddam_Rumsfeld_and_death.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Hmmmm........some important issues raised by Is Mise there.
    Who the fcuk are the rebels in Libya? Seriously. I'd say Obama is just praying this isn't going to be Mujahadeen 2, and they end up arming some mad bastards for short term gain.

Also, all the populist uprisings in the middle east over the past two months have seemed suspicious to anyone who knows US covert ops policy. In 15 years time there's a good chance we'll find out the whole thing was instigated by a lot of special agents.

Fcuking hell, I'm sounding like a tin-foil hat wearer.

Advertisement