Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Vinyl Vs Laptop?????
    FTW........

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Looking at some of scare tactics vids on Youtube :D

Class :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Anyone heading to the Dun Laoghaire festival of world cultures this weekend? It's a great day out, highly recommended.

http://www.festivalofworldcultures.com/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Totally random but this made me lol
    34922_441539333833_522993833_5859040_5464999_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

anyone know how to upload audio files to youtube? WAV & mp3's........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Alan Partridge is alive and well and on BBC West Midlands apparently. The sheer brilliance of Les Ross attempting to interview writer/broadcaster Hardeep Singh Kohli. Life imitating art at its finest. JURASSIC PARK!

Windows Movie Maker or iMovie on a mac. Here are some threads about it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63539651
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65706527

If you find any even-easier way please let us know!

And. what track are you uploading?

Cheers. I'll have a read of that now.

Track is Human, by Digby & Oliver. Will probaloboly upload more if I can figure it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

ianuss wrote: »
    Cheers. I'll have a read of that now.

Track is Human, by Digby & Oliver. Will probaloboly upload more if I can figure it out

Don't put those stupid film-grain/scratched film effects on it like I see with all the old school uploads some irish guy is doing on youtube - it triples the size of the bloody video and makes it longer to load on youtube.

• Advertisement

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Don't put those stupid film-grain/scratched film effects on it like I see with all the old school uploads some irish guy is doing on youtube - it triples the size of the bloody video and makes it longer to load on youtube.

you may as well by speaking Chinese - I have no idea what you're talking about. When it comes to technology I'm utterly retarded. If I manage to upload anything at all it will be an achievement

OK, well I certainly won't be winning any awards. I managed to upload a track, accompanied by a picture of some trees and a path for about 7 minutes. Personally I'm delighted that I managed anything other than a black backgound. The trees are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

ianuss wrote: »
    OK, well I certainly won't be winning any awards. I managed to upload a track, accompanied by a picture of some trees and a path for about 7 minutes. Personally I'm delighted that I managed anything other than a black backgound. The trees are lovely.

They grow up so quick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

seriously the best song ever.and video for that matter

That's a great song Sean, nearly as good as this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jimi_t2 wrote: »

Alan Partridge is alive and well and on BBC West Midlands apparently. The sheer brilliance of Les Ross attempting to interview writer/broadcaster Hardeep Singh Kohli. Life imitating art at its finest. JURASSIC PARK!
    God that was cringe-tastic. Real Alan Partridge stuff.

Is Les Ross that clown that they always have on the Glastonbury coverage on BBC? **edit** Nope, just did a google there and it's not him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Robbed this from over in After hours.... got a giggle out of me that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Home computers really are astounding when you think about it,

· 1 Bit = Binary Digit
    · 8 Bits = 1 Byte
    · 1000 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte
    · 1000 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte
    · 1000 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte
    · 1000 Gigabytes = 1 Terabyte

So where we are now with over the counter PC's is terabytes, One terabyte is equal to 1,000,000,000,000 bytes (or in words 'one thousand billion bytes').......so from here onwards its into the realms of,

· 1000 Terabytes = 1 Petabyte
    · 1000 Petabytes = 1 Exabyte
    · 1000 Exabytes = 1 Zettabyte
    · 1000 Zettabytes = 1 Yottabyte
    · 1000 Yottabytes = 1 Brontobyte
    · 1000 Brontobytes = 1 Geopbyte

A Geopbyte is equal to 1,000 brontobytes, which is equal to 1,000,000 yottabytes, which is equal to 1,000,000,000 zettabytes, which is equal to 1,000,000,000,000 exabytes, which is equal to 1,000,000,000,000,000 petabytes, which is equal to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 terabytes. (or in words 'one million, trillion terabytes') so if you multiply the two numbers we have by each other you have,

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes or,
    8,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bits (I think)

Or in words if that is correct,

Eight, thousand, million, billion, trillion bits (I think)

Thats a lot of Bytes & Bits:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Home computers really are astounding when you think about it,

· 1 Bit = Binary Digit
    · 8 Bits = 1 Byte
    · 1000 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte
    · 1000 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte
    · 1000 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte
    · 1000 Gigabytes = 1 Terabyte

So where we are now with over the counter PC's is terabytes, One terabyte is equal to 1,000,000,000,000 bytes.......so from here onwards its into the realms of,

· 1000 Terabytes = 1 Petabyte
    · 1000 Petabytes = 1 Exabyte
    · 1000 Exabytes = 1 Zettabyte
    · 1000 Zettabytes = 1 Yottabyte
    · 1000 Yottabytes = 1 Brontobyte
    · 1000 Brontobytes = 1 Geopbyte

A Geopbyte is equal to 1,000 brontobytes, which is equal to 1,000,000 yottabytes, which is equal to 1,000,000,000 zettabytes, which is equal to 1,000,000,000,000 exabytes, which is equal to 1,000,000,000,000,000 petabytes, which is equal to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 terabytes.

Thats a lot of Bytes & Bits:eek:
    I wonder will we live to see Geopbytes, 320kbps MP3's could become 320mbps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I wonder will we live to see Geopbytes, 320kbps MP3's could become 320mbps :D

I like the way you think man......that would make full quality .Wav mixing almost on a par with Vinyl........You would have to look up Vinyl in the Virtual history books to find out what they were (also look up what books were by that stage)

• Advertisement

I like the way you think man......that would make full quality .Wav mixing almost on a par with Vinyl........You would have to look up Vinyl in the Virtual history books to find out what they were (also look up what books were by that stage)
    Heaven :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I had to try and explain to my 6 year old what a record was the other day. That's the oldest I think I ever felt! I even remember my uncle having an 8 track tape player in his car :(

milltown wrote: »
    I had to try and explain to my 6 year old what a record was the other day. That's the oldest I think I ever felt! I even remember my uncle having an 8 track tape player in his car :(
    My aul lad still has a bunch of 8 track tapes and a player, odd looking things :p

Zascar wrote: »
    That's a great song Sean, nearly as good as this

does anyone know who was the original unautotuned guy who did this song

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

seannash wrote: »
    seriously the best song ever.and video for that matter

You @sshole Sean!
    I can't get that bloody song out of my head now. Got some strange looks in work last night as I trolololled around the place. Might have to rip it onto the iPod.

milltown wrote: »
    You @sshole Sean!
    I can't get that bloody song out of my head now. Got some strange looks in work last night as I trolololled around the place. Might have to rip it onto the iPod.
    that song is the awesome.

currently my ringtone

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

Wow pretty cool TED Talk about headsets that read your brainwaves to control stuff:

First thing I thought of was how much of a pain in the arse it would be mapping it to Traktor!

And I guess it won't be long before Richie Hawtin's doing Plastikman Live with him just standing on stage wearing a silly hat with his fingers on his temples makin weird faces.

Getting really into dubstep lately thanks to Magnetic Man, can somebody recommend some similiar dubstep artists ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

seannash wrote: »
    that song is the awesome.

currently my ringtone

I know Soundcloud has been dodgy recently, but it's working now.

I did a remix of this track for the craic, nothing too complex but check it out sure.

http://soundcloud.com/collidoscope/trolololol-remix

• Advertisement

Anyone getting the new iPhone 4G ??

Advertisement