Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

seannash wrote: »
    Ah Cmon,are you saying that you act professionally every single minute of the day your in work?
    I'm not a Gard though, and as such it's not expected of me. It's not comparing like with like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

And what in the sweet name of jesus has your encounters with the garda got to do with anything?

I have many a story about garda from Crumlin station, tallaght station, rathmines station, terenure station & the whole point of it is that i can tell you about garda from them stations that are PIGS & yes they have definetley earned the name & some who are sound guys & have proven their humanity in situations i witnessed first hand.

my point was that I know exactly first hand what kind of scum certain garda can be.

but in this case, I genuinely don't think there's much to make a fuss about.

And for the record, I fvcking hate when people use the term "Pig" when referring to police.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm not a Gard though, and as such it's not expected of me. It's not comparing like with like.
    Yes i understand that but you must realise that no matter what title you have you dont behave professionally at all times,its only human to have friendships in work and as such have unprofessional conversations with work colleagues

You basically want robots doing the guards work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jtsuited wrote: »
    Only by a certain part of the media. If a Garda gets killed on duty, I for one just think it's a guy who has experienced an occupational hazard.

Tabloids like to ham it up, but a Garda or a soldier being killed on duty is just an inevitability of the job.

So the guy who was blown up in omagh just suffered an occupational hazard.
    And for the record, I fvcking hate when people use the term "Pig" when referring to police.

I reference anyone who displays such a disregard for their fellow humans as PIGS, i.e. Obama, Blair, bush etc etc.

• Advertisement

Agree,Its a horrible name

yes. being a police officer has certain occupational hazards. dying at the hands of scumbag terrorists in a crime that is beyond horrible is one of them.

I reference anyone who displays such a disregard for their fellow humans as PIGS, i.e. Obama, Blair, bush etc etc.

but why pigs? They're not one of the more sociopathic creatures - unlike cats.

Back to the CT forum with ya Is Mise :D
    And to be honest weve all shown disregard for our fellow man at some stage
    we've all flicked past the trocaire ads whilst eating a takeaway at some stage of our lives

Only by a certain part of the media. If a Garda gets killed on duty, I for one just think it's a guy who has experienced an occupational hazard.

Tabloids like to ham it up, but a Garda or a soldier being killed on duty is just an inevitability of the job.
    That's BS. Look at the amount of coverage in the last few days of the PSNI officer who got murdered. That was from all sections of the media, not just tabloids.

Yes i understand that but you must realise that no matter what title you have you dont behave professionally at all times,its only human to have friendships in work and as such have unprofessional conversations with work colleagues

You basically want robots doing the guards work
    No, just professionals that can treat others with respect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Really? I only use it for Jews, black people and women…

Thats a good point
    Although it would be quite funny to hear a bunch of yobs calling the guards cats

Thats a good point
    Although it would be quite funny to hear a bunch of yobs calling the guards cats

It would sound very jazz:

'Check out that cat over there. Dig it.'

we've all flicked past the trocaire ads whilst eating a takeaway at some stage of our lives

that is an awful example to be fair.

That's BS. Look at the amount of coverage in the last few days of the PSNI officer who got murdered. That was from all sections of the media, not just tabloids.
    er, hold on.......we only had one Irish paper which wasn't a tabloid (the Times). And that's a fact that's questionable now anyways.

But you'll find the papers that get most up in arms about police being killed are the tabloids.
    A cop being killed is a martyr for the moral majority and so the media as a whole hams it up to differing degrees depending on their standards.

To quote pulp fiction,

'Pigs eat & root in shít & dont have the common sense to disregard their own fecies'

Thus showing how inadvertantly they have earned the name of such a dirty animal by displaying such disrespect to their fellow humans.
    Back to the CT forum with ya Is Mise :D
    And to be honest weve all shown disregard for our fellow man at some stage

So we disregard all moral behavior & excuse it all if we have at any point in our lives done something that is not 100% morally right towards someone else? please sean i know you dont actually beleive that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

It's a little unrealistic to expect Gardai to act like saints all the time whilst on duty. They get paid fcuk all and have to deal with complete cnuts a huge amount of the time. In this case, they're talking inapproriately - that's it. If one of them actually rapes someone, then you'll have an issue.

And if you think what those lads were saying is inappropriate you'd be having a hissy fit at some of the antics firemen get up to. I've a few firemen friends and the stories I hear off these lads are mental.

Just on the subject on the PSNI officer that was murdered the other day. I think it was Skynews that I was watching, and they had a reporter at the scene talking about the tragedy and how it was a waste of human life, etc., etc. and while he was telling us this there was a ticker at the bottom of the screen telling us about 20 civilians that were killed in Afghanistan, and another 15 killed in Libya. I guess they're not tragedies though, just statistics.

To quote pulp fiction,

'Pigs eat & root in shít & dont have the common sense to disregard their own fecies'

Thus showing how inadvertantly they have earned the name of such a dirty animal by displaying such disrespect to their fellow humans.

So are you comparing your fellow humans to faeces? That's a pretty bleak worldview there is mise…

Just on the subject on the PSNI officer that was murdered the other day. I think it was Skynews that I was watching, and they had a reporter at the scene talking about the tragedy and how it was a waste of human life, etc., etc. and while he was telling us this there was a ticker at the bottom of the screen telling us about 20 civilians that were killed in Afghanistan, and another 15 killed in Libya. I guess they're not tragedies though, just statistics.

but this is my point. a police officer or a soldier being killed is not classed as a death of an innocent.

innocent civilians being bombed/tortured/fcuked by a more brutal force legitimised by western governments is a far more horrendous tragedy.

• Advertisement

that is an awful example to be fair.
    Its an awful example but its everything someone has done at one stage.
    Those ads are really horrible(in an upsetting way) But it does show were capable of showing complete disregard for other people

Ah, sure you can't have sympathy with Arabs. They're all mentallers!

So are you comparing your fellow humans to faeces? That's a pretty bleak worldview there is mise…

No, affording the name PIG to certain humans by way their actions towards their fellow humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

To quote Stalin

"One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.”

To quote pulp fiction,

So we disregard all moral behavior & excuse it all if we have at any point in our lives done something that is not 100% morally right towards someone else? please sean i know you dont actually beleive that.
    No your right we've all done it at one stage or another,just like these guards didnt display any regard during this conversation,but you wouldnt label yourself a pig for any of the times youve done something that dsregards human suffering

The guards in question could be saints outside work,they could give to charity,volunteer at shelters in there spare time but you have taken this one conversation and judged them to be "pigs"

Its an awful example but its everything someone has done at one stage.
    Those ads are really horrible(in an upsetting way) But it does show were capable of showing complete disregard for other people

no but my point is, Trocaire are a missionary organisation. Seeing starving children being presented by Trocaire in order to carry out their work and disregarding it isn't the same as disregarding starving children because of pure self interest.

no but my point is, Trocaire are a missionary organisation. Seeing starving children being presented by Trocaire in order to carry out their work and disregarding it isn't the same as disregarding starving children because of pure self interest.
    Ah i know its more disregarding the medium not the message but it does make us aware of it and we dont choose to do anything about it.

To quote pulp fiction,

haha that's your reasoning behind it. I think you left a bit out because there's nothing there about empathy or regard for fellow pigs/any other creatures.

Now as far as I'm aware these guards weren't caught not 'disregarding their faeces' (shouldn't that be discarding?). They were caught making tasteless jokes.

No your right we've all done it at one stage or another,just like these guards didnt display any regard during this conversation,but you wouldnt label yourself a pig for any of the times youve done something that dsregards human suffering

The guards in question could be saints outside work,they could give to charity,volunteer at shelters in there spare time but you have taken this one conversation and judged them to be "pigs"

OK i see your point but if i think back about anything ive done that affected someone else badly i feel remorseful about it & would say i was acting like a PIG at the time.

I take your point that they may not be totally bad guys but i cant help but think, three garda talking in this way about a woman protesting would most likeley be in the section of gardai that are PIGS, but they may not also.

• Advertisement

er, hold on.......we only had one Irish paper which wasn't a tabloid (the Times). And that's a fact that's questionable now anyways.

But you'll find the papers that get most up in arms about police being killed are the tabloids.
    A cop being killed is a martyr for the moral majority and so the media as a whole hams it up to differing degrees depending on their standards.
    One or two stories about it in the Times
    And it was all over the Media.. Radio, TV, etc. Not just the print media. To say otherwise is just being disingenuous.

but this is my point. a police officer or a soldier being killed is not classed as a death of an innocent.

innocent civilians being bombed/tortured/fcuked by a more brutal force legitimised by western governments is a far more horrendous tragedy.
    Huh, that’s my point. I said Police are afforded a higher standing in society, and because of this they expected to act accordingly, especially in the line of duty. Downtime, they can say what they like.

No, affording the name PIG to certain humans by way their actions towards their fellow humans.
    Ah Mise, that’s BS. The only time you’d call another human a Pig (that’s not in the Police) is when they’re being gluttonous, i.e. “Making a pig of the themselves”
    There’s no way you’d look at some morally reprehensible character and say, “That guy is a pig!”

francois wrote: »
    To quote Stalin

"One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.”
    Well that’s what I was alluding to, without actually giving the exact quote. ;)

Advertisement