Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I never got this iphone craze at all.

To me phones are a device for ringing and texting people, and not something you can use to order a pizza off or check your bank account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

To me phones are a device for ringing and texting people, and not something you can use to order a pizza off or check your bank account.
    True, but they can be very useful although alot of it's uses are pretty daft :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭YOP1992

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Getting really into dubstep lately thanks to Magnetic Man, can somebody recommend some similiar dubstep artists ??

i need air ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

To me phones are a device for ringing and texting people,

I agree 100% & i dont have an iphone or anything even resembling one but i think we all know that it is not just a phone althought it has phone in the title........its a technology gadget that happens to have a phone in there also.......if you want a simple phone that rings & texts people, sound......if you want a top of the range gadget that has a phone built in also, sound.
    and not something you can use to order a pizza off

:confused: So what would you use to order a pizza or chinese to your house?........a megaphone & hope they hear you?
    megaphone.jpg

.........or perhaps a carrier pidgeon?

bird_ani.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I would have said exactly the same thing until I actually got an iPhone (free from work - I wouldn't pay the money for them). It's not only an excellent phone, but an iPod, and basically anything you want it to be*. I wouldn't have believed the hype until I got my hands on it but now I love the thing. It's particularly good when you're travelling anywhere, be it in a car or a plane as you will have no problem finding something to occupy yourself with, or finding something you need like a GPS.

What I don't get are these eejits queueing for the latest Apple gadgets outside stores on their release dates.

*not a guarantee :D

• Advertisement

I'd love one but the monthly prices are extortionate and I'd almost have the price of a DJM800 to buy one sim free :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

There very easy to criticise if you haven't used one, but it's an amazing little gadget.

I'd love one but the monthly prices are extortionate and I'd almost have the price of a DJM800 to buy one sim free :rolleyes:
    I bought mine before Christmas with O2 and had to enter into an 18 month contract. O2 messed up recently so I'm now out of contract and they've unlocked it.
    Gonna move to Vodafone and get their rolling monthly contract for €20 per month for 100 minutes and 100 texts. And get the data bundle added on for €10. So that's only €30 a month so it's not that expensive at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Anyone getting the new iPhone 4G ??

don't waste your money a crock of sh*te
    http://www.breakingglobalnews.com/iphone-4g-problems-3/12211431

why anyone would want to pay so much money for a phone that doesn't even work properly is beyond me, then again Apple's marketing department have done the business yet again and have sucked in millions of people to buy their vastly overhyped iPhone amongst other items.

Stick with HTC,you cant go wrong ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

:confused: So what would you use to order a pizza or chinese to your house?........a megaphone & hope they hear you?
    megaphone.jpg

.........or perhaps a carrier pidgeon?

bird_ani.gif

How stupid of me! I just had justeat.ie in my head as I was writing that comment. I now replace the word pizza with cheese curry chip.

How stupid of me! I just had justeat.ie in my head as I was writing that comment. I now replace the word pizza with cheese curry chip.

Ah i knew what ya were getting at just couldnt resist a little humour:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Getting one tomorrow. Don't knock it until you've owned one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

I have an iTunes question.....

I want to import music from desktop folders to iTunes, but some of the tunes in the folders are already in my iTunes library. How do I bring in the tracks from the folders, without bringing in the ones already there, ie, without creating duplicates? I mean, I only want to bring in tunes that aren't already in my iTunes library

ianuss wrote: »
    I have an iTunes question.....

I want to import music from desktop folders to iTunes, but some of the tunes in the folders are already in my iTunes library. How do I bring in the tracks from the folders, without bringing in the ones already there, ie, without creating duplicates? I mean, I only want to bring in tunes that aren't already in my iTunes library

Open the folder & press down & contiuosly hold Ctrl, while you have it held down click each one that you want individually & they will be highlighted one by one as you click.....when you have highlighted all the tracks you want to take take your finger of Ctrl & you can then drag the ones that have been highlighted only into your Itunes.......is that what you are asking to do?

Open the folder & press down & contiuosly hold Ctrl, while you have it held down click each one that you want individually & they will be highlighted one by one as you click.....when you have highlighted all the tracks you want to take take your finger of Ctrl & you can then drag the ones that have been highlighted only into your Itunes.......is that what you are asking to do?

Kind of, but not really :). That's assuming I know which tracks from the folder are already in my library. The folder in question has a little over a gig of tracks, and I don't know exactly which ones are already in the library

Kind of, but not really :). That's assuming I already know which tracks from the folder are already in my library. The folder in question has a little over a gig of tracks, and I don't know exactly which ones are already in the library

Ahh i see what your getting at now & after bbriefly thinking about it it sounds like its going to be a pain in the H...........all i can think of straight off the top of my head is that when you check the properties oof each track in itunes it gives the folder location of the track, bar going through your library & eliminating each one as verified being there before doing as i said im fuc.ked for a simple solution to that........im sure there is an easier way i will have to put my brain to work or maybe someone else will have already solved it.

Ahh i see what your getting at now & after bbriefly thinking about it it sounds like its going to be a pain in the H...........all i can think of straight off the top of my head is that when you check the properties oof each track in itunes it gives the folder location of the track, bar going through your library & eliminating each one as verified being there before doing as i said im fuc.ked for a simple solution to that........im sure there is an easier way i will have to put my brain to work or maybe someone else will have already solved it.

This is why I fukkin hate computers. At least with physically owned cd's/records or whatever, you can put and store your music wherever you want.

If there is a way to do this, this is what i would do,

If you can arrange tracks to be grouped together in itunes according to their original folder location you should be able to cluster together everything thats from that folder together & see a lot easier what there in the library from said folder.....then you could perhaps delete all of them & then put the entire folder in again.

Wait are you saying that there is tunes in your library not from the folder your on about but are copies of the tunes that are in the folder you now want to import.....if that the case i think it will be harder again......if not & i was not talking sh.ite above maybe thats the route to go down.

Unfortunately it's this scenario.
    Wait are you saying that there is tunes in your library not from the folder your on about but are copies of the tunes that are in the folder you now want to import.....if that the case i think it will be harder again......

Unfortunately it's this scenario.

This looks like it could be your savior,

http://www.moleskinsoft.com/

Point two seems to be saying it will search the PC by title name for duplicates.

And this is why I hate iTunes. As a music organiser and player, it's the worst I've ever used on an MP3 device. Windows Explorer already provides and excellent way of organising your music, but Apple won't allow you to use it and insist on you using something that just does not work in an intuitive way. I wish there was a viable alternative because there are too many things to dislike about the application if you don't use the store.

Before Vista/Windows 7 I used Anapod Explorer which was like Explorer and iTunes - drag and drop, automatically remove duplicates, etc. They've stopped updating it now and I haven't come across anything as good since.

• Advertisement

Perhaps this is the one your after if the other one isnt.........freeware,

http://www.top4download.com/anti-twin/ntqwdpvq.html

Perhaps this is the one your after if the other one isnt.........freeware,

http://www.top4download.com/anti-twin/ntqwdpvq.html

That looks to be the one. Muchos thankos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

SuprSi wrote: »
    And this is why I hate iTunes. As a music organiser and player, it's the worst I've ever used on an MP3 device. Windows Explorer already provides and excellent way of organising your music, but Apple won't allow you to use it and insist on you using something that just does not work in an intuitive way. I wish there was a viable alternative because there are too many things to dislike about the application if you don't use the store.

Before Vista/Windows 7 I used Anapod Explorer which was like Explorer and iTunes - drag and drop, automatically remove duplicates, etc. They've stopped updating it now and I haven't come across anything as good since.

Sharepod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Zascar wrote: »
    Getting one tomorrow. Don't knock it until you've owned one

Even Apple themselves have had to reluntanly admit there is serious problem with reception with the iphone 4,im thinking why on earth when even Apple have admitted it would anyone want to still shell out big money to own one:eek:

Trust me man the HTC HD2 is streets ahead of the iPhone in every respect;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

New DJ software available........

Maybe if I practice really, really, really hard I can be as good as John Gibbons some day

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads check this out:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055985023

This is the Google Cache of the Tom O'C thread - I have not read it yet but I can only imagine...

The cache only seems to hold the front page. Any way of getting the other pages? Popular guy that Tom :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I had never heard of Tom OC until I spotted the link on this thread to his video. I read through that thread. I got to say it got a bit much by the end. There was something about him losing his job or having to quit because of the publicity from it. Could have been all bull**** but by the end I did get the feeling it was being laid on a bit thick.

• Advertisement

Ordered an iPhone, 3 have a good deal, €209 for the phone and €40 per month for 350 units and 2GB data.

Advertisement