Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Doing some serious sign language / share trading at 5:35. Love it

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

found this on another forum thought id post it here, the fun kicks off at around 2.10

anyone know the name of the track at about 6 min, i used to have it on an old mix tape

Brilliant. Clearly there were good pills that night - although most of the time there were good pills... I do remember the odd dud which led to bitter disappointment!

They really are giving it loads, watching that makes me want a good feckin night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Brilliant!
    Myself, Mrs.Milltown and my 7 yr old son are pissing ourselves laughing here at the dance moves. The guy around the 1 min. mark is just missing the "I shot JR" t-shirt!
    "I killed a man father".

I'm also reminded, for some reason, of the odd night where the majority were pilled up and dancing away and there'd be a couple of lads in who were just pissed and spent the night annoying the wimmins and falling all over everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I love the way yer man keeps looking at yer wan to his right as if "Christ! I'm in here!!" Until he got cock-blocked at 8:41 of course. Then he's like WTF!?!? :D

Great video!

Somebody posted a vid on the FB page from a similar era, although the tune was new, that was also class. My FB is acting the maggot tonight so I can't find it but somebody should post it as a natural progression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

milltown wrote: »
    Somebody posted a vid on the FB page from a similar era, although the tune was new, that was also class. My FB is acting the maggot tonight so I can't find it but somebody should post it as a natural progression.

this the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

They really are giving it loads, watching that makes me want a good feckin night out.

Come on out on Sunday night then Scuba - going to be a classic!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Until he got cock-blocked at 8:41 of course. Then he's like WTF!?!?

He nearly took a bit of yer man when he moved in :D

Who's playing Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Martyn, Joy Orbison and Modeselektor in the Twisted Pepper. There's a whole crew of us going from here. Sort of like a day trip for mentallers, except it's not mentallers it's internet smartarses and it's not really a day trip.

• Advertisement

Nice. Heard the Twisted Pepper's a beast these days. I'll have to make my way in some time soon. And may have to get a bus pass for the next day trip!

Fascinated by the Royal Wedding the last few days.

Some funny **** out and about.

Radio phone in caller sick of it

Yeah said it to my wife this morning and as she is going out tomorrow night kinda hard for her to disagree! Reckon I will, need to see if I can throw together sufficient coins for the night.

On another note, I recorded a mix back in February when I first picked up a cable to hook up the mixer to the computer, a pretty random mix with the odd train wreck due to lack of practice! Anyway, I went to upload it last night to Soundcloud and it just stopped at about 32% - tried again this morning and stopped at 60% or so... Is this common with Soundcloud? Never used it before.

Yeah said it to my wife this morning and as she is going out tomorrow night kinda hard for her to disagree! Reckon I will, need to see if I can throw together sufficient coins for the night.

On another note, I recorded a mix back in February when I first picked up a cable to hook up the mixer to the computer, a pretty random mix with the odd train wreck due to lack of practice! Anyway, I went to upload it last night to Soundcloud and it just stopped at about 32% - tried again this morning and stopped at 60% or so... Is this common with Soundcloud? Never used it before.

It use to happen occasionally when I was putting up tunes but it hasn't happened in a while but then again I've never thrown up a mix. Is it .wav or mp3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Anyway, I went to upload it last night to Soundcloud and it just stopped at about 32% - tried again this morning and stopped at 60% or so... Is this common with Soundcloud? Never used it before.

It happens. That's all there is to it. Just try it again and try not to do anything else on your connection during upload.

It use to happen occasionally when I was putting up tunes but it hasn't happened in a while but then again I've never thrown up a mix. Is it .wav or mp3?

MP3, just under 180mb.

MP3, just under 180mb.

What jt said then, just try it again and don't do anything else while it's uploading. You've a slow enough connection in your gaff don't you Scuba? Could you bring it into work or somewhere and upload it from there. Might make it easier...

jtsuited wrote: »
    It happens. That's all there is to it. Just try it again and try not to do anything else on your connection during upload.

Ok cool, I'll give it another shot so.

What jt said then, just try it again and don't do anything else while it's uploading. You've a slow enough connection in your gaff don't you Scuba? Could you bring it into work or somewhere and upload it from there. Might make it easier...

Yeah pretty crap connection at home, not that much better either in work actually. The line was to be upgraded at home by the end of March to 8mb yet I'm still only getting max 1.6mb... Eircom :mad:

Does anyone in here know anything about buying and selling music.

If you were to open a shop, would you have to approach each individual label to get them to sell you the music they own the rights to?

• Advertisement

Hitler got married today, 1945, according to Darcy.

Clanket wrote: »

If you were to open a shop, would you have to approach each individual label to get them to sell you the music they own the rights to?

Well you could do that if they'd supply you but a lot would be handled through distributors... the benefit obviously of getting direct from the label being to cut out a middleman distribution margin. The difficulty might be the volumes direct from a label, depending of course on what labels etc. Still a dream of mine, regardless of the market suggesting it would be a crazy thing to do.

Clanket wrote: »

Depends I think. You'd be more likely to deal with distribution companies for the bigger labels and probably more one to one with the smaller labels. Could be talking out of the orifice normally associated with evacuating fecal matter so maybe somebody else can sort you out there…

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

milltown wrote: »

Think this is the one you're talking about.

Seems to be a new video, i.e. new footage shot on an old camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

check out this rediciliously over the top light and fireworks show at surgeon awakenings last week -drooool........

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

check out this rediciliously over the top light and fireworks show at surgeon awakenings last week -drooool........

Drool is ****ing right, can't beat a good lighting setup..nearly as important as the music imo.

Here's a question, which club here has the best lighting?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Think this is the one you're talking about.

Seems to be a new video, i.e. new footage shot on an old camera.

Nah, it's the Brassica one that Cranky posted.

newspaper.gif

tumblr_lhqpc5J9LK1qe0eclo1_r28_500.gif

tumblr_lhhnivuUbf1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_lhbz3dSOn41qe0eclo1_r5_500.gif

beauty-buy-eat.gif

I hadn't seen 8 Mile up to last weekend, good movie, didn't know the background behind Eminem and fckin loved the closing battle! He whooped that mofos ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

he certainly opened up one of these bad boys on that mofo

can-of-whoop-ass.jpg

Advertisement