Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

This is quite titilating:eek:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210065/

great i have to say even if it is gruesome.
    That word should only be used when describing films staring Brea Bennett :p

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

just caught my first glipmse of a show called soccer am on sky 1 - millions of years of evolution for this.

Im never getting up this early on a saturday again

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads a friend of mine is having a party next weekend. It's a 30th which will start off extremely civilised but undoubtedly end up in a mashup. I'm gonna play some tunes but they have nothing organised in terms of speakers & amp etc. Don't need anything big, just enough to get a small (but hopefully packed) room full of people dancing. Trying to find something I can just easily fit in the back of my car and bring down with me. Anyone have anything they could lend me and I'll give you a few quid? Or any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

anybody know who plays the electronic music on RTE RnaG on thursday nights?

Details here, and audio streams and tracklists of each night are on there too;

http://www.rte.ie/rnag/antaobhtuathail.html

Thank thasiusclay for that, he posted it here a few days ago

nice one thanks, i enjoy the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Zascar wrote: »
    Lads a friend of mine is having a party next weekend. It's a 30th which will start off extremely civilised but undoubtedly end up in a mashup. I'm gonna play some tunes but they have nothing organised in terms of speakers & amp etc. Don't need anything big, just enough to get a small (but hopefully packed) room full of people dancing. Trying to find something I can just easily fit in the back of my car and bring down with me. Anyone have anything they could lend me and I'll give you a few quid? Or any other ideas?
    you get sorted on this? I've small Yamaha pa that for ambient will fill a small church but for techno will just about keep a VW Golf full of head bangers happy but it's there (albeit in Waterford) if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Jesus, two days & only one reply:eek:

Have nothing to offer chief bar two old KAM belt driven decks & a big bass amp.

'Ah were all great mates around here'

until you ask me for a lend of something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

My days of having that kind of set up are long gone....

We usually just used to rent though if we were doing anything serious

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I had thought about buying a small PA a while back - those “The Box” deals on Thomann are pretty good. It would pretty much pay for itself after a few uses. I don’t really have the space for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

sounds a bit like a geordie? anyway he handles it well enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_artN6ivjs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

surgeon's live on dommune right now for anyone interested

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dommune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Thought this was pretty cool.
    A Swiss adventurer nicknamed "Rocket Man" has completed a flight over the Grand Canyon in a custom-built jet suit.

Yves Rossy was airborne for more than eight minutes, soaring 200ft above the canyon rim on the Hualapai Reservation, Arizona.

A planned flight before reporters last Friday was cancelled after Rossy determined it would be too challenging without any practice runs. The Federal Aviation Administration had given Rossy the green light less than an hour before he was scheduled to take flight.

The successful flight was made on Saturday and was announced today by Rossy’s sponsor, Swiss watchmaker Breitling. His team said he flew at speeds of up to 190mph before deploying his parachute and landing on the canyon floor.

The 51-year-old said the flight was among the most memorable experiences of his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

That's sweet. Just tried to join but got the dreaded "Only available in America". God damn.

Am sick of the Yanks getting all the cool stuff :mad:. When they gonna share Netflix and this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Move over vinyl.

Also, 600 songs? Noob.

Netflix would be nice but I can get most of what I need on download

This looks interesting though with Icefilms: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056246667

Frankie I'm sure you can buy loads more space for very cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Frankie I'm sure you can buy loads more space for very cheap

Ah I'm joking, looks really interesting, I can't imagine uploading 50+ gigs of music being very easy though....

Netflix would be nice but I can get most of what I need on download

You talking about Tottents?

I've been looking for a legal download site and all I can find is ITunes. I don't want to have to buy the apple tv as Zune on my Imac and the Xbox360 work just fine.

I've ended up signing up with screenclick in the hope they follow their UK sister LoveFilm and start rental downloads.

Have you or anyone else any other legal sites?

Ah I'm joking, looks really interesting, I can't imagine uploading 50+ gigs of music being very easy though....
    I would assume that it only uploads tunes it does not have, so for most people upload time would be practically zero

• Advertisement

Very good point. But what about bitrates etc?

Very good point. But what about bitrates etc?
    Google are clever fellas... they'd look at the version you had

EDIT: or maybe even the version you're supposed to have, i.e. if you bought it from iTunes then they'd store this version in the cloud for you

You can probably stream in different bitrates depending on your connection

Has anyone here had their wisdom teeth out? I’m supposed to have mine out but I keep putting it off, hearing so many horror stories really puts me off. Mine are bloody huge. The ones at the top are growing out sideways, and the ones at the bottom are ‘impacting’ meaning they are pushing all the others forward. Usually its fine but every once in a while one gets infected. The gum swells up around the tooth, its horrible. Also pushing in on the other teeth, its bloody sore. The roots of my lower ones are really big and grow down towards a major nerve in your jaw, which makes it tricky. My dentist told me there is only one sergeon he would want doing the operation, and that I have to go under general anaesthetic for it. I think I’m going to have to get it done soon now as it’s not going to go away. I know a lot of people have theirs out and its grand, but some others have a really horrible time from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Still have mine, representing the back of my mouth, givin' me wisdom.

You only need surgery for the bottom ones. I've had my top ones out. They were starting to fall apart because they were so far back in my jaw and were very difficult to get a tootbrush at.
    The dentist was able to do it there and then. Probably the weirdest sound I've ever heard when she pulled them. She was practically leg on chair pulling, trying to get some leverage to snap the root. Once it cracked, it came out very easily.

My bottom ones have been half up for the last 4-5 years. They've no more room to get up so have just stopped. Every now and again they try make a burst but just can't go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I've had mine out and it wasn't too bad, either during or after the procedure. The noise was unreal, I could totally hear the tooth being pulled from my jawbone. Like I said though, it didn't really hurt. But everybody's different. I know my sister had a bit of a bad experience.

It sounds like it's something that you're just going to have to get done anyway man. You may as well just suck it up and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i've had to to have a good few removed for exactly the same problem as you colly.....if the problems your having were as bad as mine (when the gum got infected i was dying with pain) it's worth getting the reefed out asap.

How was the gig in Twisted Pepper a few weeks back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Clanket wrote: »
    How was the gig in Twisted Pepper a few weeks back?

Joy O/Martyn gig was epic.....
    Steffi/Prosumer was epic....
    Loads of us there with a mental pre and post party in a central location. Couldn't have been better.

Advertisement