Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

tbf, the Daily Mail are the worst offender for really awful science writing but not by that much compared to even quality papers like the Guardian.

Look at the amount of people that believe the MMR vaccine causes autism.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I wish we lived in a world where 'Selling Newspapers' was not more important than reporting the news and educating people accurately on the important topics of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Unfortunately capitalism dictates that money is more important than accurate news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

jtsuited wrote: »
    tbf, the Daily Mail are the worst offender for really awful science writing but not by that much compared to even quality papers like the Guardian.

Look at the amount of people that believe the MMR vaccine causes autism.

That was a shocking campaign they ran with, they put the lives of children at risk -Ben Goldacre has a great column in the Graun called bad science, his collated atricles are here

http://www.badscience.net/

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    I wish we lived in a world where 'Selling Newspapers' was not more important than reporting the news and educating people accurately on the important topics of the day.

Unfortunately it seems the average joe in the street is more interested in seeing which no-brain z-lister is knobbing which footballer this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Has anyone here had their wisdom teeth out? I’m supposed to have mine out but I keep putting it off, hearing so many horror stories really puts me off. Mine are bloody huge. The ones at the top are growing out sideways, and the ones at the bottom are ‘impacting’ meaning they are pushing all the others forward. Usually its fine but every once in a while one gets infected. The gum swells up around the tooth, its horrible. Also pushing in on the other teeth, its bloody sore. The roots of my lower ones are really big and grow down towards a major nerve in your jaw, which makes it tricky. My dentist told me there is only one sergeon he would want doing the operation, and that I have to go under general anaesthetic for it. I think I’m going to have to get it done soon now as it’s not going to go away. I know a lot of people have theirs out and its grand, but some others have a really horrible time from it.

Get them out! Best thing i ever did. Few weeks after are a pain in the balls regarding eating but as far as pain goes its grand they give you heavy duty pain killing shizz on prescription.

Regards shitty newspapers. I don't know how some of them "Journalists" sleep at night knowing the bullshit they write is obviously untrue. Horrible people.

Friday Rant: What the fcuk is it with so many people inventing double barrel surnames all over the shop for no other reason that to try to sound posh. I believe that in old-skool upper class families, if they did not have any sons to carry on the family name, when the daughters got married they would often double barrel the name so as to keep the family name alive. Fair enough. But giving your kid some mouthful of a monstrosity of a name just for the laugh is a little bit ghey in my opinionz

Friday Rant: What the fcuk is it with so many people inventing double barrel surnames all over the shop for no other reason that to try to sound posh. I believe that in old-skool upper class families, if they did not have any sons to carry on the family name, when the daughters got married they would often double barrel the name so as to keep the family name alive. Fair enough. But giving your kid some mouthful of a monstrosity of a name just for the laugh is a little bit ghey in my opinionz

Dunno always thought ponsonby-smythe had a certain ring to it

my best idea of all time is that a law should be introduced that children take whatever of their parents' surnames is rarer.

it will stop there being a million dave smiths etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Ah you're just upset because Fitz means 'bastard son of'

http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/fitz/

Tbf it is a gobsheen practice. That and stupid Irish first names for kids.

Bastard son of a King!!! :p King of "Ossory" apparently. I hope that's not "Borris-in-Ossory" - cause many moons ago I worked down there at a county fair (long story) that it literally the most inbred place I have ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

not at all - I'm going to change mine to be Callanan-Hudson - try saying that quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Only place that I've noticed it was on Facebook, where friends that got married didn't want to take their husband's name fully so they went for the double-barrelled approach. I've never seen it applied to the kids though. But I'm working class so maybe I don't mix in the right circles.

There's a newsreader on Today FM called Juliet(I think?) Gash. I wonder would she go for the double-barrelled approach if she married a Byrne?

francois wrote: »
    That was a shocking campaign they ran with, they put the lives of children at risk -Ben Goldacre has a great column in the Graun called bad science, his collated atricles are here

http://www.badscience.net/

there's an unusually high number of us Goldacre fans on here. Have to say, he's a bloody legend. Did you see his mum on TOTP?

there's an unusually high number of us Goldacre fans on here. Have to say, he's a bloody legend. Did you see his mum on TOTP?

HA, that's excellent, hadn't seen that

she's the absolute image of him......it's actually kinda disturbing..

Speaking of Goldacre, I'd love that uncaged monkeys/nerdstock tour to come to dublin. Goldacre, Brian Cox, Robin Ince and someone else I can't remember geeking it up with stuff like this......prepare to have your mind blown....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'd always wondered what Garth went on to do after Wayne's World

she's the absolute image of him......it's actually kinda disturbing..

Speaking of Goldacre, I'd love that uncaged monkeys/nerdstock tour to come to dublin. Goldacre, Brian Cox, Robin Ince and someone else I can't remember geeking it up with stuff like this......prepare to have your mind blown....

That's excellent, although most of it is not that surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

interesting blog wrote last year on the Azerbaijan eurovision voting fraud

http://liveatthewitchtrials.blogspot.com/2010/05/eurovision-voting-fraud.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Interesting stuff in some of the pages linked from that. Could have saved some of the lads a few quid yesterday, given I don't see Switzerland mentioned in any of the voting alliances.

that is priceless francois

People were talking about this in the pub last night. Crazy Mo Fo

Link

Saw this over on emireland. Classic...

http://www.limmy.com/playthings/gouch/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

francois wrote: »

I know him ha ha ha ha ha

I'm probably well behind the times on this but I just stumbled across this on Danny Rampling. It seems he turned into a 'life coach' and complete con artist a couple of years ago. All you kids with your fingers on the pulses know this already I'd say. He always struck me as a bit of a cúnt but this is a bit jaw dropping:
    Recently I joined a group called "20 years of house music" on Facebook.

The admin/starter of the group was none other than Danny Rampling, with people like Trevor Fung as admin etc, so it seemed pretty good.

An offer of a free Danny Rampling mix was posted by Danny, just sign up to dannyrampling.co.uk etc etc.

Next I get a mail from a company called getresponse saying they are managing Danny's mail list and to re-subscribe with them. Fair enough - it looked kosher enough at the time. Then all of a sudden I'm getting Spam mail from *danny* trying to sell me self help DVD's about property investment. I naturally assumed I'd been caught out and unsubscribed to getresponse (although I have no great faith I'll stop getting stuff). I assumed that Danny had been caught in the scam and someone was using his name to get email addresses.

Then I happened to look at a couple of his responses on facebook and also at his myspace page. Seems he is FULLY involved in this as according to his Myspace page in 2006 he took "semi-retirement from the music industry to focus on property management, self help...blah blah". Looking at his posts and the myspace page it seems he is a "Uk founder member" of Successuniverity.com one of the most notorious pyramid selling schemes on the internet (do some research on them - you'll see what I mean).

I have to admit I was stunned - I mean, what a fcuking sell out!

Its bad enough there are people out there trying to scam you into these losers schemes, but when its someone in a position to influence and with the ear of a number of people because of his background, then it becomes alltogether more sickening.

Any respect I may have had for Danny had gone RIGHT out of the window.

Dont take my work for it though - look at his myspace page and the facebook posts (with a link to "www.dannyrampling.successuniversity.com -
    come join my team") then you'll see what I mean.

A post I made about this on the group wall was deleted (no suprise) we'll see if the latest ones I made about the spamming go too.

What a sell out loser. Sad.

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/chillout-room/85382-danny-rampling-legend-scammer-spammer.html

yeah saw that a good while ago. i love scams. personal development scams even more.

yeah saw that a good while ago. i love scams. personal development scams even more.

The whole 'We're going to make you grow as a person by stealing your money' is a great angle for personal development alright…

"Danny who love"

• Advertisement

I hope everyone here who works in the civil service here has their union jacks ready to wave at the queen to thank her for the two extra holidays they get each year.

Advertisement