Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Ordered an iPhone, 3 have a good deal, €209 for the phone and €40 per month for 350 units and 2GB data.

A good deal, jaysus that's daylight robbery:eek: i got my HTC HD2 SIM free for £325 on eBay and while that is a lot of money im not tied into a long contract and dont have to pay a load of money every month where you'll end up spending twice the price you'd pay for buying the phone on it's own, im on a rolling monthly contract a tenner a month and for that i get 100 mins, 100 texts and unlimited Internet, that my friend is what you would call a good deal;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

jonnny68 wrote: »
    A good deal, jaysus that's daylight robbery:eek: i got my HTC HD2 SIM free for £325 on eBay and while that is a lot of money im not tied into a long contract and dont have to pay a load of money every month where you'll end up spending twice the price you'd pay for buying the phone on it's own, im on a rolling monthly contract a tenner a month and for that i get 100 mins, 100 texts and unlimited Internet, that my friend is what you would call a good deal;)
    It's the best IPHONE deal ;)

It's the best IPHONE deal ;)

jaysus im glad i dont have to pay these outrageous Irish prices any longer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

jonnny68 wrote: »
    jaysus im glad i dont have to pay these outrageous Irish prices any longer:)
    Stupid, I know, but always wanted one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Stupid, I know, but always wanted one :D

Myself included, but I just don't see the point in paying that much for a phone that isn't working to its full potential despite how good it is beyond the well known reception problems.

Don't get me wrong I like Apple products but the antenna problem has become a huge farce. I would't use €40 credit in a month either, so it would also be of no use to me getting roped into a long term contract either.

• Advertisement

Great news this, will flash Android on my HD2 when everything is completely 100% although ive had no issues at all with Windows Mobile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyglmQmv3uU

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Beatport's Facebook page posted a video called "Deadmau5 Collapses On Stage" and underneath it says "73 people like this"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Zascar wrote: »
    Beatport's Facebook page posted a video called "Deadmau5 Collapses On Stage" and underneath it says "73 people like this"

Cancelled 9 gigs apparently. Wonder what he was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Anybody see the documentary on Channel 4 last night about the War on Drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

BaZmO* wrote: »

Yeah. It was one of the most sensible shows I have ever seen in the mainstream media about the issue. Should be up on 4OD for anyone that missed it. Well worth a watch. I think there are 2 more parts to come as well.

• Advertisement

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Yeah. It was one of the most sensible shows I have ever seen in the mainstream media about the issue. Should be up on 4OD for anyone that missed it. Well worth a watch. I think there are 2 more parts to come as well.
    Yeah it was a really good show.

It's shocking to see the amount of money that's thrown at the "Drug's War" for such a small return. 99% of drugs smuggled into the UK get through. Considering that they spend 1.4 Billion (I think that's the figure) trying to tackle the problem, that's a terrible return and in any other initiative it wouldn't be acceptable. It just shows that it doesn't work.

Professor Nutt made some great points too. (He's the guy that was hired by the British Government to look into the health aspect of illegal and when he came out criticised the Governments action on drugs he was sacked)
    Anyway, he was saying that if the drug issue was just about health well then the classification of drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, would have to be revised, with alcohol and tobacco being the highest on the list. He went on to say that it's a moral issue why drugs are made illegal which is illogical considering that alcohol and tobacco are deemed acceptable.

Also some really interesting viewpoints from the families of people that had lost a relative to drug abuse. In particular the mother whose son died from taking GBL (a substitute to GBH). She was actually against the governments policy of reflex action when it came to banning illegal substances because what's starting to happen is that once something becomes illegal it is quickly replaced by something else more dangerous with absolutely no knowledge of the affects.

BaZmO* wrote: »

I couldn't watch it, thought it was a terribly put together documentary. Most of it just seemed like badly edited filler, and it was just so unnecessarily slow. The content was good but it was just terribly made.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sounds interesting I'm gonna go download it now

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/our-drugs-war
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jg7da-_S5Y

Oh cool its a series so there will be a few of them

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

There was mention/debate over the movie 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas' earlier in this thread... I picked up the DVD for a couple of euro and brought with me along with a selection of others while on holidays to watch when the kids went to bed. I swear to fck, I nearly put my foot through the TV - I had to turn it off after I'd say 20 minutes, annoyed the sh*t out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

There was mention/debate over the movie 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas' earlier in this thread... I picked up the DVD for a couple of euro and brought with me along with a selection of others while on holidays to watch when the kids went to bed. I swear to fck, I nearly put my foot through the TV - I had to turn it off after I'd say 20 minutes, annoyed the sh*t out of me!

i did the same but hadf the missus with me.i assured her that it was meant to be brilliant.

so overrated

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

seannash wrote: »
    i did the same but hadf the missus with me.i assured her that it was meant to be brilliant.

so overrated

Yeah my wife was watching it too but she agreed and was just as pleased to switch it off.

A great movie I watched recently was 'The Seven Samurai' - keen to watch more from this Japanese director too. Nearly four hours long, back & white with subtitles and made in 1954.

Seven Samurai[1] (七人の侍 Shichinin no Samurai?) is a 1954 Japanese film co-written, edited and directed by Akira Kurosawa. The film takes place in Warring States Period Japan (around 1587/1588). It follows the story of a village of farmers that hire seven masterless samurai (ronin) to combat bandits who will return after the harvest to steal their crops.
    Seven Samurai is described as one of the greatest and most influential films ever made,[2] and is one of a select few Japanese films to become widely known in the West for an extended period of time. It is the subject of both popular and critical acclaim; it was voted onto Sight & Sound's list of the ten greatest films of all time in 1982 and 1992, and remains on the directors' top ten films in the 2002 poll.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Samurai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

so overrated
    as pathetic as this sounds, its a good old laugh with a few joints being passed around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

so overrated

Likewise, I enjoyed the book but the movie was shocking. I stuck with it hoping for something good to happen but it just annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Here's another touch screen DJing software thing, using a new software the bloke made.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/09/multitouch-dj-table-lets-you-swipe-to-rock/

Here's another touch screen DJing software thing, using a new software the bloke made.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/09/multitouch-dj-table-lets-you-swipe-to-rock/
    That's the business. Seems like there'd be a bit of a short learning curve but thought behind the interface is ingenious. Really really clever and simplistic.

Only complaint is that the beats seemed off during his demo and his voice is the aural equivalent of paint drying. Apart from that though I'd say that you're looking at the future right there.

Given that this is the 'random' thread, here's a great thread going over in after hours:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055647278

Although i've never heard of 99% of the pubs mentioned, its still very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

Haha that's insane! Back in that 'unsigned thread', that was the song I was thinking of when I thought of somebody possibly getting their melodies fleeced. Can't believe that it's actually ripped off, albeit from a tune made 24 years ago rather than from some bedroom producer with no clout.

There really is nothing original!

Some funny stuff in there alright. A true exception to After Hours though. I try not to read it any more it has truly gone to the dogs. An absolute cesspit of idiocy. It's very rare that any thread that starts with a general interesting topic of conversation, goes more than a few replies without being dragged into pure rubbish talk of no relevence, rarely to recover. It reminds me of school how you would have the group of complete social retards taking nonsense in a non-funny bevis & butthead kinda way. It's sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Haha that's insane! Back in that 'unsigned thread', that was the song I was thinking of when I thought of somebody possibly getting their melodies fleeced. Can't believe that it's actually ripped off, albeit from a tune made 24 years ago rather than from some bedroom producer with no clout.

There really is nothing original!
    maybe he credits the sample like nost people do with releases like that.

is there a way to check the credits on digital downloads?

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Some funny stuff in there alright. A true exception to After Hours though. I try not to read it any more it has truly gone to the dogs. An absolute cesspit of idiocy. It's very rare that any thread that starts with a general interesting topic of conversation, goes more than a few replies without being dragged into pure rubbish talk of no relevence, rarely to recover. It reminds me of school how you would have the group of complete social retards taking nonsense in a non-funny bevis & butthead kinda way. It's sad.
    To be honest I havent been around long enough / paid enough attention to know what After Hours is really like, but perhaps you're right that a good thread like that is a rarity.

Right now, im wondering would I have the balls to venture into some of those Dublin pubs mentioned in the threads ..... probably not.

Advertisement